Sign in to follow this  
Mikachu

Status report discussion March 3rd 2015

Mikachu    26

Link to status report - http://dayz.com/blog/status-report-3-mar-15

Major points;

- Modding support being built

- DayZ is running on Namalsk internally

- Reaching out to content creators (please include us)

- Zombies are almost done

- preliminary tests show servers stable at 1500 zombies, roughly triple the current max amount

- New attacks, movement and AI

- Able to sneak with camo clothes and light footwear

- 50 different variations of zombie

- 0.55 details and what to expect

- Hotfix this week to solve crashes

2015-02-27_00002.jpg

NAMALSK!

Discuss :D

Rolle    2938

Do want Namalsk. I like the increased zombies, however no mention of increased player slots? The so called "player bubble" was supposed to be a big thing in SA.

DeadKiller    0

Me Likes. Namalsk is an interesting map and I do enjoy playing on it. Also more zombies would be quite nice. Then also Mods so we can finally make the voice better.

Mikachu    26

Do want Namalsk. I like the increased zombies, however no mention of increased player slots? The so called "player bubble" was supposed to be a big thing in SA.

I believe player slots are coming pretty soon. They keep testing 70-80 slot servers on experimental so I imagine they are waiting for performance to increase.

Probably with renderer/player controller

Jm Von Cat    154

As Rolle said realy, more zombies is always nice but i am looking forward to higher server caps for players.

Other than that.. Finally working on fixing the Zombies! Hell yea!

Also i love the idea of Zombies looking more like survivors... hehehehe.. hold your fire... maybe its a actual survivor... but how long is to long? how close is to close?

Owen    14

Nice. Glad to see some new maps being made for SA.

Red    243

But how exactly will we incorporate Namalsk with our current Lore?

It's not something that's originally directly located next to Chernarus.

I'm not entirely sure about the layout of the entire region, but IF we are going to include. We'd have to either make people play separate characters on both maps, or find a way to connect them to one another.

Krullin    0

So, #bloodsuckersinSA anyone?

:troll:

Saalpeter    3
"Very first test showed us that server performance is pretty solid even with 1500 infected on the map which is 5x more then it's usual on the stable these days.[...]

As we want to promote stealth approach to encounters you can minimize chance of being seen or heard by wearing darker or camo clothes and light shoes, slowing down your movement, lowering your profile in crouch or prone, avoiding usage

of lights and making noise and so on.[...]

To wrap up brand new infected they will also have new visual and audio appearance which will be released gradually and will replace old models, textures and sound effects. We get together 50 different types of males and females infected, and they will be dressed in clothes you can find around so they will no longer look inconsistent with survivors."

Very nice. This would change a lot in the SA soon!

I'm not entirely sure about the layout of the entire region, but IF we are going to include. We'd have to either make people play separate characters on both maps, or find a way to connect them to one another.

You don't need to worry about this now. Before we get Namalsk in SA there will be more cars, planes, helicopters and boats in it so it will be easy to travel between the Chernarus and Namalsk.

Or you will make a poll and let people to decide.

Mikachu    26

Namalsk isn't being added any tiem soon and it won't be mandatory.

They are just using that and Taviana to test map tools and modding new maps into SA

Mellstrom    21

You don't need to worry about this now. Before we get Namalsk in SA there will be more cars, planes, helicopters and boats in it so it will be easy to travel between the Chernarus and Namalsk.

No, its pretty clear that we will get the map before more means of transportation (fast means of transportation that is). Also, Namalsk is in the arctic ocean, half the globe away from Chernarus. I think we did have a lore from the mod days when we first introduced Namalsk, i can't seem to find it though.

Valkerion    0

No, its pretty clear that we will get the map before more means of transportation. Also, Namalsk is in the arctic ocean, half the globe away from Chernarus. I think we did have a lore from the mod days when we first introduced Namalsk, i can't seem to find it though.

Can easily just BS that its an island a few hundred miles away from mainland chernarus not exactly difficult considering DayZRP would write the lore for it etc. so they can place it whereever they wanted.

SatansNightOut    105

Wouldnt be the first time something was retconned. But! You also can't believe everything you hear on the radio... :)

JohnHex    0

Not really interested in Namalsk, but lots of zombies, fixed and less crashes... sounds perfect.

Imagine if they will now add more zombies... Zombies in state which they are now, hitting from few meters disctance or hitting through the wall and floors...

drewhinny    0

Hype. I can't wait to see all the new things for this. The fast cars is a big thing for me. Although i like if they would keep it at a low number on the map.

The one thing I'm looking forward to is more zombies and increased player slots!

Imagine this. You just cleaned a big town for infected. The town is safe but after a while you see something like this coming over the hills:

dayz.jpg

:D

Ghost of Levi    8

Right.... namalsk.... right.... bloodsuckers here we come.... shit...

I'm kind of confused here what should i be thinking when i read central economy Controls?