Server time: 2017-08-22, 20:38

Sign in to follow this  
Michael

This is why i don't like when people use team speak too much - metagaming.

The more videos from reports and any threads i watch the more i hate using TS on the RP server.

For example i was watching this video:

http://www.dayzrp.com/t-formal-grenade-explosion-s3-green-mountain-possible-kos?pid=1020787#pid1020787

There is more OCC talking and giving informations like "Ok i'm dead" than anywere else. Why do people do such a things? Do you know how it affect people who meet you later in the game? I "love" when i meeting someone and during the conversation awkward silence fall down cuz someone is talking with his friends on TS and then responding IC "sorry can you repeat cuz i didn't hear you".

For me using TS for OCC is killing the RP and immersion... And all this metagaming stuff is very sad for me.

What's your opinion? Why people can't play without TS or just use TS as a IC radio?

Red    149

Oh I agree, nothing is more frustrating that seeing someone wait for 30 seconds before they respond to something you have said. I agree that bad TS usage can damage RP and the immersion for another person.

Even more so when you hear them talking about you on TS whilst someone responds to what you're saying.

Truth be told though, sometimes it happens to the best of us. Especially me being staff, I get pokes and messages from community members that need immediate help. It does sometimes (rarely though) cause me to ask IC to repeat your question.

I do stimulate people to mute TS more when they're playing and to only use it if they have something vital to say.

During my time in The Watchers we had a great TS policy. We could play without a problem without everyone being unmuted. People would be quiet and focused on RP above anything OOC related.

VincentLake    2

My "group" or atleast the friends i play with, always mutes both mic and sound on TS upon meeting someone. We usually say "There is someone here" and then mute. But i have to agree - recently i met a dude in Pavlovo, and i heard him accidentally talking to his friends on TS or Skype. something with them being 10min away and that when they came, they would rob me. This really does destroy the immersion.

Subso    0

That OOC in the direct-com-chat. :( :( :(

If you use TS with rules while playing with your friends its good. I like talking :D

Guest Vittoria   
Guest Vittoria

I swear ive seen this thread before.

Depends who you are and what you do.

If your in a group that gets into a lot of firefights, you'll spend time planning ôut the fight to avoid deaths, all done over TS. Thats why a lot of people drop silent when talking. Even if you should be focused on RP ;).

I usually just mute when I roleplay, but if something like an initation is going to happen, im going to talk in TS.

Wild D0g    8

I also mute when RPing. But I find TS useful when the group I'm with is moving long distance and we are sprinting our characters couldn't talk running at that speed so we chat O.o.c. to fill the void.

Guest sebsygama   
Guest sebsygama

OOC* My OCD! Well when I meet someone while talking in TS I mute it and continue my RP session, when using my Radio in an unhostile action I prefare to use the push-talk buttom in-game as well as in TS.

I understand all your points of view. It's quite ok. But situations when you talk with someone on TS like VincentLake said is no no for me.

Just imagine how this could be happend? Do we have some super new technology which allow you to contatct with your friends without any one around hearing this? Telepathy radio? Just no no for me.

Same goes to firefights. Things which are connected with our IG/IC doings should be also heard IG.

That's my point of view.

@VittoriaK - sorry i didn't found it.

To be clear - I didn't start this thread becouse i want to start some kind of flame war or just go gain applause from the others. I just wanted to know if there are some people who share my opinion about using TS, metagaming on it (which you can see in the first video from link i posted in the first post).

I also use TS when i'm runing alone with my friend for OCC stuff but stuff tottaly not connected to the IG/IC things, sometimes even not to DayZ game. But i never used it to take advantage in some hostile situations.

Dont use it then...

Dont use it then...

-imagesnip-

Its quite simple.

If you don't like it, dont use it

Dont use it then...

-imagesnip-

Its quite simple.

Quite simple for me? Yes. But if you will read whole thread and especially my opinions then you will know that the problem is not on my side.

-imagesnip-

Its quite simple.

Quite simple for me? Yes. But if you will read whole thread and especially my opinions then you will know that the problem is not on my side.

I understand whats going on is out of your control, which is why I suggested just stop using it.

Nollakaks    5

For me using TS for OCC is killing the RP and immersion... And all this metagaming stuff is very sad for me.

+1

I stopped using TS few weeks ago because of this. I only use TS if needed to contact admin while ingame.

Its quite simple.

I understand whats going on is out of your control, which is why I suggested just stop using it.

I don't know if i titled the thread wrong or you playing with my nervers know, trying be smart or you just didn't read the whole thread becouse i don't know how can i explain you this clearer?

I don't use TS to metagame, i don't use TS to gain advantage. The problem is not me. Problem is people which are doing this.

Edit: I just changed the title of the thread to more clearer.

Dont use it then...

^^ This simple. It has its use. If you do not like it. Mental has provided a perfect solution for you. TeamSpeak is what people in groups use to aid in fire fights/identification/regrouping and so on. The majority of the veterans of the community know the basics and not to meta game especially when a hostile action is occurring.

Dont use it then...

^^ This simple. It has its use. If you do not like it. Mental has provided a perfect solution for you. TeamSpeak is what people in groups use to aid in fire fights/identification/regrouping and so on. The majority of the veterans of the community know the basics and not to meta game especially when a hostile action is occurring.

Love you Viccy <3

No, I wasnt playing with your nerves or trying to be smart.

Not again... Ok i'm done.

Asks for opinion. Gets upset. Perhaps aiding player to understand that using Teamspeak during a hostile interaction is meta gaming instead of trying to convince to others that using teampseak ruins your immersion. Here's another tip, don't start up a discussion thread if you are not willing to discuss it.

I don't want to discuss with people who don't try to understand me or don't even try to read my previous posts. And answers/opinions like "Don't use it then" just prove that you didn't. That's why i "love" internet.

I don't know how i can be more direct with saying what disgust me in certain/specific use of TS. Like i said before there is a plenty of videos (especially in report subforum) where people accuse other peoples of metagaming or KOSing them or their friends but they are giving the information about the situation on TS. It's like WTF do we have some telepathy superpowers so robber can't hear you "talking on the radio" with your friends? Don't think so.

Nah i like using TS especially when im not doing anything such as running through an open field it can help ease the journey by having a laugh with my clan mates on it and no im not going to leave my mic open in game because most of the chatter in there is nothing to do with the game so people dont need to/dont want to hear it.

It would also be next to impossible to find and meet up with your group mates if you didnt use it as the map is quite frankly massive especially when you're looking for a few specific people TS is to put it bluntly a nessecity amongst the bigger groups take mine for example I have 22 members in my group.....22 you know how hard that would be to manage without using TS?

I also use TS to tell my group what im actually saying in game as IC they are meant to understand me but obviously OOC they dont as i frequently speak in a mock language that I made up over the IG VOIP that is made up of random words from other eastern european languages like russian/czech/hungarian etc. all mashed together because my character is of that decent and since i only know some phrases and words I mash them all together and it sounds like I am actually eastern european so if i didnt have TS to tell them what i actually meant they would have to stand there perplexed even though IC they should understand what I said and I use that language when i dont want people IG to understand what im saying whilst still actually RPing with them my group members would then respond to me in some other mash up of random rubbish then tell me what it means over TS so it actually looks like we are conversing in a foreign language when in reality we are just spouting some crap that sounds russian-esque

In regards to metagaming "I am dead" is hardly the pinacle of metagaming what are you going to do with that? great they're dead now what? you gain very little benefit from knowing that information.

Metagaming is only a problem if its used inappropriately for example i can die and exclaim over my TS "i got killed by x" if the rest of my group dont actually do anything about it/use it IG then its not metagaming its just me telling them a story or informing them that i cant meet them at x because i died and not to wait around.

Also yes I do use it as an IC radio quite frequently actually because it scares people especially when you do it in a language they dont understand as well but i still have to let off the IG voice so i can tell the people on the radio OOC what I actually just said to them since they dont understand.

Chriss    1

Well, don't judge me but in some points he is right. I used TS too and you talk about everything in TS and your character just runs around silent, this can kinda look stupid when you are with other people and ruins the RP in my POV.

F.e. I was hiding next to a crash-side cause there were already 2 guys and they just went to the crash-side and away without any word. So just running to the spot, looting and going away again. There wasn't any "hey look there" or "found something?" cause they talk about everything in TS and their characters just running around and nothing else. And i also saw bigger groups doing the same.

TS is ok for me but people should not forgett that they can talk IC to each other.

Ironicman    7

Its shit, i dont like it when i roleplay with a group and they act full out anti-social while screaming 'ARE WE GANNE INITATE' secretly and stuff like that. At most groups i chit chat with it feels like they have never had social interaction before.

drewhinny    0

The one group i was with only used TS for radio coms. You had to talk in game like you were on the radio in game to use TS.

PWNINGPETE    0

instead of using TS to "whisper" I just type "*whispers to ___*" before typing a message ingame. Most people choose to ignore it and RP as if they didn't hear it.