Server time: 2017-10-17, 22:28
Safe Zone: OPEN

Sign in to follow this  
Ghoozovich

New Player Advice

Ghoozovich    265

Right, so I have a question, but it didn't seem like something that ought to be posted in the question subforum since it would qualify more as general discussion.. I think. Anyhow, please move the thread if necessary.

Okay, so I have this friend, with whom we've been playing games for a long while and he is seriously considering getting DayZ just to be able to play here. He hasn't played it before - neither SA nor the mod. He has however played other similar games, i.e. survival - Unturned, 7 Days to die, etc, though they are quite different from DayZ. He also has quite a bit of roleplaying experience. And he's been listening to me go on and on how DayZRP is so much better than pub servers and what have you and he really likes the setting of DayZ - Chernarus.

So enough ranting about that, my question is this - would you guys advise him to get DayZ, just so he can play here? He could alter his character bio so that maybe mine and his were like old school buddies or something along those lines or something similar so I could help him out in the beginning and such.

So yeah, what is your guys' take on this? He's more than capable to get himself whitelisted and also, I'd like to quickly mention that I won't have access to a computer till lunchtime, so forgive me for not replying till I get home later.

Oyface    340

If he only wants to get DayZ to play DayZRP, why not apply first, and buy the game if he gets in?

Ghoozovich    265

If he only wants to get DayZ to play DayZRP, why not apply first, and buy the game if he gets in?

Good idea, I'll pass it along.

RhysGittoes    0

Yeah, don't just by Dayz to get onto one server (although its the best). Because this server might not be online all the time, so buy dayz for the sake of playing dayz. I would think that Dayz would've been on the top of his list compared to 7ways to die etc, but we all have our own opinions.

I would recomend he try and whitelist first thats if he's only wanting to play on DayZRP,

And good luck with his application

I would also recomend he try PUB servers to for a lot of reasons

The fear factor, controlls, he will learn from his own mistakes and gain map knowledge an so on.

DayZRP are my favorite servers yes but the rules in place can make it bit to safe : )

Ghoozovich    265

Yeah, don't just by Dayz to get onto one server (although its the best). Because this server might not be online all the time, so buy dayz for the sake of playing dayz. I would think that Dayz would've been on the top of his list compared to 7ways to die etc, but we all have our own opinions.

Good point. I think I might be going too much off myself here since at this point I am sick of pub servers. But that is just my opinion, of course. It still is a great game, even if unfinished.

I would recomend he try and whitelist first if he only want to play on DayZRP, and good luck with application

Also I would recomend he try PUB servers to for a lot of reasons

The fear factor, controlls, he will learn from his own mistakes and gain map knowledge an so on.

DayZRP are my favorite servers yes but the rules in place can make it bit to safe : )

Also sound advice. Yeah, that's definitely a good possibility and would be most beneficial. Though map knowledge would be a little metagaming for a character who's not from Chernarus, don't you think? :P I myself still don't know a good 2/3 of the map very well.

Whatever the case though, this seems like the best option. Thanks! :)

Good point. I think I might be going too much off myself here since at this point I am sick of pub servers. But that is just my opinion, of course. It still is a great game, even if unfinished.

I would recomend he try and whitelist first if he only want to play on DayZRP, and good luck with application

Also I would recomend he try PUB servers to for a lot of reasons

Also sound advice. Yeah, that's definitely a good possibility and would be most beneficial. Though map knowledge would be a little metagaming for a character who's not from Chernarus, don't you think? :P I myself still don't know a good 2/3 of the map very well.

Whatever the case though, this seems like the best option. Thanks! :)

your welcome friend thats why we are here I dont know what to say about the map and metagaming yes and no but true I not know the map well to in my RP but I do :)

drewhinny    0

I would for sure tell him to get the game. Its worth it even if he isn't white listed here. This community tho is where its at tho.

Oyface    340
Good point. I think I might be going too much off myself here since at this point I am sick of pub servers. But that is just my opinion' date=' of course. It still is a great game, even if unfinished.[/quote']

I know what you mean. I play public hive about once or twice a month now, ever since I got back on DayZRP. :P

Vandy    34

Ofcourse I would encourage my friends to play within this community!

Everybody is welcome! Dayz veterans and new owners of the game! Everyone can join!

And ofcourse you are more then welcome to help them out with the applications!

Ghoozovich    265

Hey, thanks a lot, guys! That was pretty convincing. :) I'll discuss it with him again later today and see how things develop.

That's the best idea!

PrairieDog    0

Yeah pretty solid advice here. If your friend is interested in Dayz. Maybe get them used to the controls, survival aspects, as well as the "ups and downs" of the game (not referring to bugs or glitches). Apply and then play! And good luck with that wait list... Which might be a good incentive for your friend to play on other servers in the meantime!

I don't see why not.I think a new player to DayZ on the server will be something nice and refreshing,different from everyone else who pretty much knows everything.People rarely say ''How do I do this''because they know it from their past experience on dayz,but not knowing these stuff might be good for RP.