Server time: 2017-08-20, 21:14

Sign in to follow this  
Brokunn

The Order of the Immune (RP supplement)

Brokunn    0

I wanted to share this project I've been working on in order to get some feedback and possibly gauge interest in setting it up as a group? I think it works nicely as a role play supplement for now, since there is no recruitment requirement, leaders, etc. that one finds in a typical clan/group.

I also wanted to ask the admins here if the screenshot method described below would be acceptable as a means to preserve a character's blood type in conjunction with the new life rule?

Thanks!

hV5CnOf.png

My name is Grant Amano and this my account of how I came to possess The Edict of Purity. I share this chronicle so that you may better understand the Great Truth as I did, and help to spread it's glory to others who would join our cause: The Order of the Immune.

I had been on the move for weeks after the outbreak, after pandemonium had swept across this country. I wandered alone, trying to gather what food and supplies I could while avoiding the swarms of the infected men and women who now ravaged the countryside. A rainy gloom had seemed to accompany the plague, and It was on that first sunny day when I spotted a man, kneeling in the middle of a nearby grassy hill.

For a moment, I considered the possibility that he may be infected, but I had never seen one of them sit in place like this before. Fearing a trap, I observed quietly for a time until curiosity, possibly loneliness, got the better of me. I went to him. Gaunt features emphasized his severe malnourishment, and fresh blood oozed through a large bandage on his abdomen. How had he managed to live this long, I wondered? How was he still upright? Just then, he looked up at me and spoke.

“You have come.” He rasped in an unfamiliar accent, then toppled to the ground. My earlier fear and suspicion fled. Here before me was the first person I had seen in weeks, quickly slipping away from life. It was obvious, even to me, that he would die soon, and there was nothing I could do to help him. I did not want him to die. I had been alone for so long and hadn't realized the toll it had taken upon me until this moment. So I knelt beside him, lifted him into my arms, and I listened.

“The light of the truth has shown you to me." he said, and pushed a tattered, blood stained scrap of paper into my hand. "Bear the truth for me. Bear the truth… and bring its light into the world." He’s delirious or mad, I thought. Not surprising, considering his condition and the horrors that the world had recently witnessed. Nevertheless I accepted his gift and felt him sag in my embrace. I didn’t have the means or the energy to bury him, so I took the small satchel he carried and left him in the tall grass.

It was some time before I found the courage to read his note. My heart was already heavy with what had transpired, did I really want to further burden my soul by reading the scribblings of a madman? To be honest, I feared what “truth” the man spoke of. I feared that, having read whatever horrors were kept on that bloody scrap, I would find myself kneeling in a field, waiting to die.

How wrong I was. The words enlightened me, emboldened me, and gave me purpose. I now share them with you, word for word, transcribed from that tattered remnant that is now my charge:

• ...was unable to discover much about the contagion itself before we had to flee the lab. However, a shocking realization came to me as I was administering an emergency blood transfusion. Every patient whose blood tested negative for the Rh antigen (including my own) were completely immune. Not only immune, the contagion was entirely absent from our blood; as though it could not take root.
    Though the majority of the surviving personnel in our group now possessed Rh negative blood, there were a small number of positive blood types among us who did not show the typical, hostile, symptoms of the plague. Upon further investigation I determined that the contagion was indeed present in their system, yet they appeared to be immune to its effects. These people were carriers. Spreading the plague to others like a common cold.
    Positive blood types account for roughly ninety percent of the world's population. The small portion of carriers moving among the populace have apparently kept the contagion spreading, even if they escape the proximity of those obviously infected. The alarming rate at which it spreads makes quarantine infeasible, and inoculation seems equally out of the question as the damage this plague has caused has rendered most research facilities inert.
    The only conclusion I can make at this time to combat the contagion seems cruel at best. I will take some time to collect my thoughts and verify all the data I have acquired thus far.

Below this is a neatly drawn plus symbol (+), with the words plague, doom, heretic, and evil circling it in a spiral. This symbol, and the words that follow sit in a heavy pen at the bottom of the scrap, obviously written at a later time:

• Those whose blood is tainted by the unholy mark of the plague must be purged from this world. This will bring purity. This is my edict.

I fumbled through the man’s satchel while his words sank in, and found what I had been looking for among several others: a small, sealed blood test kit. I tried as best I could to steady my trembling hands and carefully stepped through the process. Would I be one of these carriers, or would my blood be pure? As the results became clear to me, I wept. I wept with tears of joy that I had never before experienced.

- Lord Amano, Bearer of the Edict of Purity, Order of the Immune.

PpkW9ZU.png

Playing a member of the Order will not be easy. Character creation alone is a hurdle, and although the Order considers themselves saviors, they kill for their own self-justified reasons and will likely be vilified by other players. If you're not highly into role play, this may not be the play style for you.

1. For role play purposes, you should probably have a negative blood type character. However, life is precarious at best in DayZ so as a backup, try to take a screenshot with your character’s name, GUID, and blood type showing. This way, players can at least show they had a character with a negative blood type at one point. My hope most RP servers would allow a little wiggle-room here (especially those that employ the new-life rule). After all, you are able to choose your character’s race/gender - is it so far fetched to allow players to choose their blood type?
    • Find a blood test kit in game and get ready to type in local chat (by pressing the / key) and take a screenshot (typically the F12 key).
    • Use the blood test kit and while the animation is running, immediately type “#beclient GUID” in local chat and hit enter, then type anything else in local chat and hit enter (this will display your character name). Take the screenshot, post it in this thread and consider this the only prerequisite to joining The Order.
    • Didn’t get a negative blood type character? F11, try again. Can you photoshop this? Probably. But you'll have a lot more fun trying to get a pure blood character than by cheating, and if you aren't willing to put a little effort into this, why are you even here?
      - "Vandy pointed out that suicide is not allowed on DayZRP. I'm open to other suggestions on how this might be accomplished?"

[*] Familiarize yourself with The Edict of Purity. This document provides the foundation for all that The Order stands for and is passed from one member to another. Once you have a playable character, find a pen and paper in game and copy/paste a link to The Edict (since notes are currently too small to hold the entire contents right now) into it. This should be kept in your inventory at all times and protected like a holy relic.

[*] The primary color of The Order is grey with green highlighting. Try to wear grey on your chest/legs, and green accessories (headgear, vest, shoes, etc):

ZTq91Av.jpg

uBb7E05.png

• It does not matter if other players accept the information in The Edict of Purity as fact/cannon, only that your character chooses to believe it.
  • Honored members of the Order carry themselves with pious dignity. They have been ordained (by their very blood) to bring order back to the world, and must take on their charge with a passion that rivals the devout. Paradoxically, the Order despises all prior forms of religion; considering them mere shadows of a time that mankind did not understand the The Truth.

Goals

• Spread the Great Truth: the knowledge that people with positive blood types are a vile scourge to mankind. Carry and distribute copies of The Edict of Purity.
  • Eliminate the infected. Zombies must be perused and dispatched with fervor. Battle cries, litanies of victory, displays of zeal are all highly encouraged when purging the infected from the land.
  • Test the blood of any survivors encountered and pass judgement upon them. This requires that members keep a supply of blood test kits on them at all times and at least one syringe or blood bag filled with their own blood. Players do not need to put themselves in danger to carry out this goal and obviously this is achieved more easily with greater numbers. Blood tests should first be offered willingly and, if refused, given forcibly.
    • Players with a negative blood type should be treated with respect and highly encouraged to join. Depending on their blood class (see below) they may even be revered, followed, etc, (regardless of their actual desire to join).
    • Players with a positive blood type (or those who are unwilling to be tested) are considered vile "carriers", and should be avoided, attacked, or captured, depending on circumstance.
      • Apprehended carriers should be given the option of a “challenge” or a swift, merciful death.
        • If the player(s) accept the challenge, they should be instructed to choose a member of Order currently present. That member will inject their own blood into the captive. If they live, the Light of The Great Truth has spared them and they are free to go (though they should be shunned/avoided).
        • If they refuse, they will be put to death humanely as possible.

[*]Members may never attack players whose blood type is not known to them, though groups of identified carriers or those sheltering carriers may be hunted and killed.

B001Z3Y.png

Although no single player may claim leadership, rarity of blood type denotes a loose hierarchy in The Order, and may help to facilitate group interactions and role play.

• AB- Considered royalty, even deified, and given the utmost reverence. Members of the Order may go out of their way to protect and serve these individuals (even if they are not part of the Order) and would honor most requests. Always referred to as "Your Grace"
  • B- Commanders and leaders of the Order. Lords/Ladies.
  • A- Highly respected these players may choose to fall into the ranks of the Brothers/Sisters or may stand in for Lords/Ladies if none are present. These players may also be given special duties to perform, holy relics to safeguard, etc. Fathers/Mothers.
  • O- Brothers/Sisters of the order.

drewhinny    0

Dude thats a huge read. but it was worth it. I love the blood lines as rankings. i would love this idea to come to life.

Buddy    846

quite the wall of text you have O.o

i honestly did read it from start to finish and it clearly shows that you put a lot of time and thought into this idea. its very creative and original and i hope that it gets the attention of others as well!

i have O- blood. i may be nothing much of importance in this order.... but my blood type is a hot commodity among the medics! xD

Vandy    34

I see you have put in allot of effort into this. However I have some troubles with reading this:

For roleplay purposes, you should probably have a negative blood type character. However, life is precarious at best in DayZ so as a backup, try to take a screenshot with your character’s name, GUID, and blood type showing. This way, players can at least show they had a character with a negative blood type at one point. My hope most RP servers would allow a little wiggle-room here (especially those that employ the new-life rule). After all, you are able to choose your character’s race/gender - is it so far fetched to allow players to choose their blood type?

Find a blood test kit in game and get ready to type in local chat (by pressing the / key) and take a screenshot (typically the F12 key).

Use the blood test kit and while the animation is running, immediately type “#beclient GUID” in local chat and hit enter, then type anything else in local chat and hit enter (this will display your character name). Take the screenshot, post it in this thread and consider this the only prerequisite to joining The Order.

Didn’t get a negative blood type character? F11, try again. Can you photoshop this? Probably. But you'll have a lot more fun trying to get a pure blood character than by cheating, and if you aren't willing to put a little effort into this, why are you even here?

Encouraging people to F11 (suicide) is against the our rules. This goes against our "No Value for Life"-rule. I would highly recommand taking this out of your group idea.

Also encouraging people to type OOC matters does against our OOC and metagame rules as well. We don't want to see unneeded ooc in game.

Attacking someone because of their blood type is quite a stupid reason in my opinion. It's not realistic. I think you should change that part in your goals.

Injecting people with a different blood type, unwillingly is against the rules as well. This is considered RDM. So don't do that.

I feel you have put in allot of effort to create something new, but I do feel the big dangerous as you live quite close to the lines of breaking the rules.

Also, consider posting it here http://www.dayzrp.com/f-group-ideas--216 for more feedback. Especially from other staff members.

Brokunn    0

Vandy! Thank you for the very thoughtful feedback, just the thing I was looking for.

Encouraging people to F11 (suicide) is against the our rules. This goes against our "No Value for Life"-rule. I would highly recommand taking this out of your group idea.

That's a good point, however, without the ability to do this, having a negative blood type character on DayZRP will be nearly impossible. I wonder if the admins would allow that aspect to simply be role played?

Attacking someone because of their blood type is quite a stupid reason in my opinion. It's not realistic.

It is stupid, but it is also very realistic. The KKK murdered thousands simply because of the color of their skin. The Nazis killed millions based solely on a person's religions affiliation. History is full of stupid reasons that people kill other people.

Injecting people with a different blood type, unwillingly is against the rules as well. This is considered RDM. So don't do that.

This one has me confused. Can you explain what you mean by RDM?

Also, consider posting it here http://www.dayzrp.com/f-group-ideas--216 for more feedback. Especially from other staff members.

I didn't think I could post over there until I had been a member for 3 months, but maybe it would be ok just for discussion purposes?

Ghost of Levi    8

Its an nice read, good luck wih this

...was unable to discover much about the contagion itself before we had to flee the lab. However, a shocking realization came to me as I was administering an emergency blood transfusion. Every patient whose blood tested negative for the Rh antigen (including my own) were completely immune. Not only immune, the contagion was entirely absent from our blood; as though it could not take root.

Though the majority of the surviving personnel in our group now possessed Rh negative blood, there were a small number of positive blood types among us who did not show the typical, hostile, symptoms of the plague. Upon further investigation I determined that the contagion was indeed present in their system, yet they appeared to be immune to its effects. These people were carriers. Spreading the plague to others like a common cold.

Positive blood types account for roughly ninety percent of the world's population. The small portion of carriers moving among the populace have apparently kept the contagion spreading, even if they escape the proximity of those obviously infected. The alarming rate at which it spreads makes quarantine infeasible, and inoculation seems equally out of the question as the damage this plague has caused has rendered most research facilities inert.

The only conclusion I can make at this time to combat the contagion seems cruel at best. I will take some time to collect my thoughts and verify all the data I have acquired thus far.

I think the quoted part is in direct conflict with the lore. Nobody knows what the cause of the infection is. It is not known whether there is a natural immunization against the infection.

Claiming certain bloodtypes are is simply not true, since every human being in Chernarus is immune to the infection.

Brokunn    0

I think the quoted part is in direct conflict with the lore. Nobody knows what the cause of the infection is. It is not known whether there is a natural immunization against the infection.

Claiming certain bloodtypes are is simply not true, since every human being in Chernarus is immune to the infection.

The doctor's findings don't indicate the cause of the infection - he only observed that people with positive blood types carry it, while negatives do not. There are plenty of people in the world that carry and spread viruses, but are still immune to their effects; so I don't think this invalidates the fact that all survivors are immune.

In fact, I think his findings compliment the lore in a nice way, because it helps explain why there are some survivors but a vast majority of people are susceptible.

Most importantly, it doesn't matter if the doctor's findings are even true, or they're simply the scribblings of a madman. What matters is that the character chooses to believe it. All kinds of religions and cults around the world are founded on completely illogical and baseless information.