Server time: 2017-08-21, 19:45

Sign in to follow this  
drewhinny

Accidental dupe

Question

drewhinny    0

So I'm RPing with this guy, and we are driving. He is driving and I'm sitting shotgun. As we are going, my PC crashes and I have to restart the game. When I come back in, it seems as tho my character was duped. The guy I was with drove back to me and asked if I was ok. We RPed like I fell out of the truck and hit my head, and got knocked out. As I kno the guy I was with didn't take anything because it still woulda been considered duping. (I asked him ooc if he had, to make sure) I'm just wondering... How would you handle that situation. And the body is fair game to anybody else right?

17 answers to this question

Guest Biiddy   
Guest Biiddy

As long as you and anybody else who knew it was a dupe did not take anything, as for anybody else, they would just think it was a dead body.

Biddy, is correct. Also remember, if you are with a friend when this happens they can "hide body". Does this successfully answer your question?

drewhinny    0

It does answer the one question. Yea thanks buddy. Still would like to see how people would RP that situation. But yea I didn't even think to hide the body.

To clarify you cannot hide body anymore it does not seem to be working

Is this you hiding your own body or someone trying to hide your body? I heard something about this in the .54 patch, but haven't experienced it.

You can still cut it up if you've got a knife. So do that.

Jm Von Cat    154

You can get the cannibal disease from cutting up the body, not to mention that the knife is then contaminated meaning you need to replace it.

drewhinny    0

I wouldn't do anything to ruin the RP. Sounds like that would kill the RP.

I'd say a duplicated body would ruin the RP just as much. Just don't do it in the middle of green mountain or when random people are watching.

drewhinny    0

I'd say a duplicated body would ruin the RP just as much. Just don't do it in the middle of green mountain or when random people are watching.

Yes I would agree... But we had no control over the dupped body. I do however have control of cutting somebody up. And to your 2nd statement, um no. I play dayzRP like everybody's watching. And also if you wanted to answer any of the questions from the OP, feel free. Thanks man!

Darion    62

Had this happen to me and a Friend we just RP'ed it as his long lost twin that he was searching for and mourned him for 10mins until it disappeared

Guest Doug Quade   
Guest Doug Quade

Hide body and touch anything.

Is this you hiding your own body or someone trying to hide your body? I heard something about this in the .54 patch, but haven't experienced it.

Something similar happened today. I was with Vybor street rats and we found 2 v3s. There was enough of us to take both so we did. Upon starting to drive, one of the drivers crashed. His body fell out of the truck dead. His body was accessible and his inventory appeared ruined. I thought for sure he died and crashed. When he came back he was alive and we attempted to hide his body but we only got 2 options. Check pulse and view contents.

You can get the cannibal disease from cutting up the body, not to mention that the knife is then contaminated meaning you need to replace it.

Wat.

Sheesh, this whole cannibal mechanic is seriously out of hand if that's the case.

Wat.

Sheesh, this whole cannibal mechanic is seriously out of hand if that's the case.

Pretty sure their statement is inaccurate. Only eating the meat will give you a chance of prion disease.

Tamaster92    14

You could RP that it was a dead survivor in the road you didnt notice, hence the truck suddenly stopping since you hit the corpse.

Anyway, is your question answered OP?