Server time: 2017-10-19, 21:58
Safe Zone: OPEN

Sign in to follow this  
Apache

Persistence...

Apache    21

I know some people like persistence because in high traffic areas there is low amounts of food which in turn makes it more difficult to survive. Harder to survive = more fun, etc.

However.. as soon as you go somewhere that isn't very highly trafficked.. well I'll just let this screenshot tell you.

CC1C24721BBCCA4842E59F0EF6B2CC6610436E98

Guest Vittoria   
Guest Vittoria

Heh

go to msta

Shark    0

Yeah, I ran into one of the kiosks in a relatively low populated area yesterday and found tons of food.

So if this will drive people away from GM for a bit and actually move around the map, I'm all for it.

Zorac    0

Yeah noticed this as well in a few houses. Lets just say that i got food for a few days from 2-3 houses.

Subso    0

Its more logical... isnt it?

High populated area = no food

Low populated area = more food

People will go where lower population is, making it higher population... it will even the map out a bit more :D

Oyface    342

IMO, it's already easy enough to find food and such, so it's not that big of an issue. And I can deal with the occasional "lootsplosion" as long as I can have a persistant camp set up somewhere. :)

Shark    0

Since I know they wipe* persistence items on public servers during maintenence every Wednesday, does that happen on private servers, as well? Anyone know?

edit: Missed a word.

Chris    63

Its more logical... isnt it?

High populated area = no food

Low populated area = more food

People will go where lower population is, making it higher population... it will even the map out a bit more :D

In theory, and on a public server. But with an RP server, with RP hotspots, its going to make loot dispersal really weird. Hopefully the new persistence system they are working on addresses the current issues.

Mikachu    26

Since I know they persistence items on public servers during maintenence every Wednesday, does that happen on private servers, as well? Anyone know?

Yes it does :)

Since I know they persistence items on public servers during maintenence every Wednesday, does that happen on private servers, as well? Anyone know?

But it's up to the admins, right? Cuz i played on the other RP server and my stuff on the ground (backpacks and some backup weapons) stays untouched after the wednesdays.

Guest Frenzy   
Guest Frenzy

Well,

If the server is set soon after the beginning of the outbreak, ther could be logical explanations for all these, like the first survivors kept food in their homes to survive?

Mikachu    26

But it's up to the admins, right? Cuz i played on the other RP server and my stuff on the ground (backpacks and some backup weapons) stays untouched after the wednesdays.

No, its up to the developers of the game - we have no say whatsoever

Jetwells    0

Irrelevant now, As of now im struggling to find time to play and enjoy the servers. Persistence gets turned on, people complain, people struggle, people loot cycle. At least we had a chance to catch these type of abusers, infact myself and another found a group of 3 of these loot cyclers.

Persistence off, 40 of the 50 people hang around military bases waiting for the crashes and restarts, server hopping early in the morning for loot ect, but unable to get proof of this type of thing.

My eyes, they should of kept it persistent, it wipes every wednesday anyway. And at least people would have the chance to catch abusers in the act, where as now its just a simple excuse of, i just woke up here from last night. I know of people who do this, Log off near a military base just to come on at restarts for the loot. Not really what the game is about.

Ive lost 90% of the interest i had for this community now.

Davos    5

There are bad eggs in every group, but having started so recently you haven't really had the chance to go out and meet people, especially if you don't get the chance to play much. Trust me, it is worth staying around for.

-snip-

CC1C24721BBCCA4842E59F0EF6B2CC6610436E98

This really does look like a housewife or someone home was attacked, especially with the blood on the floor. If I saw this I would assume someone was making dinner when they were attacked. With the roads as poor as they are, and grocery stores rare in the smaller and less trafficked areas, you would expect to see this sort of thing, well stocked homes for people who don't travel to the cities much.

So you know, like this guy said.

If the server is set soon after the beginning of the outbreak, ther could be logical explanations for all these, like the first survivors kept food in their homes to survive?

Eagle    409

-Snip-

well this is how green mountain looked like

301F392AD133F17B6A073BA9A41D258E30249E45

9789B989EFACF87B15847147D0656F0E6F62EF84

F3D01BF033A0BF89C5A70734E5AA1FFD1C456514

21E41D8EA3F5742C920FF0F42C0B096ACDCADE99

so it was not just the people its just how persistence worked it was not even close to be fixed when it was put out withe the new update items kept spawning becouse off the amount off people in some areas helicopters were static and some times nothing spawned at all.

Rampage    0

Irrelevant now, As of now im struggling to find time to play and enjoy the servers. Persistence gets turned on, people complain, people struggle, people loot cycle. At least we had a chance to catch these type of abusers, infact myself and another found a group of 3 of these loot cyclers.

Persistence off, 40 of the 50 people hang around military bases waiting for the crashes and restarts, server hopping early in the morning for loot ect, but unable to get proof of this type of thing.

My eyes, they should of kept it persistent, it wipes every wednesday anyway. And at least people would have the chance to catch abusers in the act, where as now its just a simple excuse of, i just woke up here from last night. I know of people who do this, Log off near a military base just to come on at restarts for the loot. Not really what the game is about.

We would love to keep it persistent, but it was getting to the point where servers were crashing every 20-25 minutes. That is way too much crashing. Im sorry, I lover persistence. Selfish people ruin things. We have to hope the devs fix this soon.

Apache    21

We would love to keep it persistent, but it was getting to the point where servers were crashing every 20-25 minutes. That is way too much crashing. Im sorry, I lover persistence. Selfish people ruin things. We have to hope the devs fix this soon.

Is the server instability caused by the excess items on the ground that the server has to account for or is it something else?

Mikachu    26

Is the server instability caused by the excess items on the ground that the server has to account for or is it something else?

It is caused by so many items being in one place so when someone opens their gear menu the server cant handle the amount and dies