Server time: 2017-08-18, 16:28

Sign in to follow this  
DeusMach

A Diary Of Justice

DeusMach    0

Upon an old, rotting desk, you find a book. It looks like it had recently been placed there by someone who had passed through before you, only weeks ago. The book reads thusly;

"I picked up this nifty little book a while ago and I decided I may as well try my hand at the ol' pen-n'-paper. Thankfully, the book had a pen next to it and not some fluffy-ass quill. At least now I can take this thing along with me to record my thoughts or somethin'.

But where do I start my thoughts out? I know I have been wandering around with Haley for at least two weeks by now. I rather fancy her accompaniment. It is a nice change of pace to have a woman on my arm again. We have been suffering the apocolypse for a long while now, and only recently have we realized that food has begun to run low. We have farmed tomatoes, potatoes and zucchini since we arrived in Kamenka, but it is not hitting the spot. We've only managed to wrangle up a pig and a buck, so that has tied us over for now.

I told Haley about Stary Jar, where a lodge sits upon a ridge with a beautiful view of the hill that they call Bash. You cannot make out the jail upon the hill, but you can certainly see the towns along the Northroad, and it is a sight to see. She thinks that we might be able to find more food up that way, and I am hoping she is right. After all, it would be a pretty solemn day if we get up there to find it already hunted thin.

So I guess that is where we will head. I am not sure how many of these pages I will write on, or when I will have a chance to do so, but only time will tell.

I wonder who would even read this, anyhow..."

DeusMach    0

"I hate this. I hate this so much...

Haley got bitten. The damn thing came out of no where on a rainy night and nearly took off her arm. It did not take long for us to realize that she was infected and not long for the world. We had contemplated taking her arm clean off. She did not want that. We were on our way through the woods when she fell to the ground, crying and in pain. I felt my heart drop as I realized that she was turning. But she was still alive.

Why did this happen?! It is so infuriating. We had survived for so long, through hunger, thirst and hypothermia and then I let my guard down... damn it!"

"It has been three days since she turned, and since I had to put a bullet in her head. I am still having nightmares from it, seeing her in such pain, such agony. My hands still shake whenever I hold my gun.

... why did it end up like this?"

"Five days since Haley's death and I am back in Chernogorsk. I had heard shots from the city a little north from here and I decided to investigate. I found a woman trying to fend off a small horde of zeds at the hotel building. We kind of startled each other when we first met.

She says her name is Alexis or something. She's a college student who is lost, I think she said. Came up from Prud, the little lake up by Stary. She's been muttering about her classmates and professor. I guess they got eaten. She doesn't seem like the kind to hold a rifle, so I guess I'll watch over her and try to keep her safe... but it will probably just end up like Haley did.

My luck is sadly shit these days... but I guess now I have another reason to go to Stary Jar."

Ghost of Levi    8

Twas an nice read, keep up the good work. Reading the first part kinda gave ma an sort of.. well this feeling :

QLMR9QPZm6k.jpg

DeusMach    0

"I have missed many days of writing in this old, torn-up book. I spent most of my time up north, dealing with zeds and hunger mostly. I had ran across Alexis along the railroad, but now she goes by a different name. It really is something to see someone change so much in such short time. I think the last I saw her was almost two weeks ago... and then today.

I had met a man named Thomas and his friend Lana, along with Chung and Jimmy, at Green Mountain, but the latter two ended up parting ways rather quickly, so the three of us got acquainted on our trek towards Zelenogorsk. It was there, outside the military camp, where I found Alexis again. She's now called Blake or something, but I know who she is. We caught up a bit and she introduced me to JT and another guy, who I call Blackie because he did not give me his name.

Anyhow, Lana, Thomas and I took our leave to check the barracks for some ammunition and rifles when Thomas found an AK and me and he got into a rather terse argument over who would get it. A few zeds were drawn in and I had a chance to test out my major-league baseball bat. All things settled down as Blake returned with JT and Blackie. Then, things kind of went down hill.

I overreacted a bit when she told me that JT had taken her up to see the Lodge to the north and the view it had in store for her. I am not sure if it was because I wanted that place to be secret, or if I wanted to be the one to take Blake up there. After all, I had been with her as she had nurtured up until a few days ago. I had a few tense words with JT, throwing names and insults left and right like a batch of freshly cooked grenades. Eventually I had to excuse myself, and went outside of the compound to sit down and mull things over. A zed came over then and fractured my leg, but that was fixed with a makeshift splint.

Lana and Thomas came over to make sure that I wasn't going to do anything violent... and I really wasn't. I was just angry and annoyed, at such a little thing. Eventually Blake came over as well to talk to me and I tried to push her away before I said something I would regret. It was then that Thomas, Lana and I departed towards Pavlovo's secret military base. I held my feelings in for the time being. Thomas decided to take a nap in a bush and soon Lana decided to sleep in a house. I too took up residence in a house in the seaside town of Kamyshovo, and now I am staring at this book...

I am not sure how well I will sleep tonight. I miss being with my friends, but I know that Blake does not want me around now, and she's pretty much the only one that matters of my friends. Heck, she's probably the only real friend I have. Perhaps... perhaps I will take her to the racetrack sometime... I doubt even JT knows where that is..."

SatansNightOut    105

Absolutely loved this. I love when a sense of humanity is integrated...

Write more, I will read more.

DeusMach    0

Well, when I play more and something happens, I will be posting more diary updates. Just stay tuned :P

DeusMach    0

h20Tixb.jpg

"I found a camera. It's some russian knock-off of a Kodiak, I think. It's in pretty good condition, and prints off Polaroid pictures, so I am attatching them to this diary with some duct tape.

qq3BWU2.jpg

Nature really is something, isn't it? I guess this bush just wanted to be a truck. Vroom Vroom and all that.

Anyhow, I started out today waking up to hear talking in Kamarovo. I went to the police station to find two men there. I could just feel how much of a cunt they were. And even though I knew I should have left, I tried to be nice to them... and they robbed me. Took a lot of my stuff. Eventually, they left like the cowards they were and I continued on, collecting more burlap strips and netting from the coast until I got to Chernogorsk. This is where my faith in humanity plummeted.

A man came upon me while I was searching through the wreckage of a truck and, without any bother to say hello or to ask for help finding food, he told me to put my hands up. Twice in ten fucking minutes of being awake. I complied, as I always do, even though I had that little voice in my head telling me to shoot the cunt. I told him that running around robbing someone was not the way to go and that if he needed something, he should have asked. All the little cunt wanted was food and some ammo for his mosin, of which I had plenty enough to share. But like an ass, he took all of what I had, even the shit he obviously didn't need, just because he was a dumb ass. Eventually, he fled too. I went back to looking through the town and the moron returned. I had a bit of ammo in my gun and I was SO tempted to blow his head off his shoulders, but I did not have time to pull the gun out before he told me to drop my bag. I watched him take his time stuffing the shit he stole from me back into my backpack, thinking he wasn't such a bad cunt after all. But of course as soon as all of my stuff was back into the bag, he picked it up and slung it over his shoulder, leaving a green, ugly-ass drybag.

This is why I used to kill people for robbing. They are all assholes. No sense of humanity, manners or any of that.

But I guess now I have no reason to continue being nice. I traveled a bit more to Elektro, then went north and looped my way through Vybor to Green Mountain. I found a biker's jacket and some TTsKO pants to complete my look, as well as a black bandana to keep my hair out of my eyes or something. I actually look rather fierce...

But if I see either of those three cunts again, I will be taking their heads off their bodies."

DeusMach    0

Amnesia

"My head hurts... where am I? I can't remember anything. My arm... it feels strange. There's a mark as if something bit me, but it doesn't hurt... the skin around the lesion is blackened and bruised.

What country am I in? Where was I from? I just woke up and my first urge was to find this diary and write in it, but why? Every time I try to recall something from my past, my head burns like fire. The writing in the other pages is the same as mine... this must have been my diary. The name says Justice, but the last name is far too blurred to read. The water damage is irreversible.

I should get going. The sun is rising and I have a feeling that I am being watched. I will have to find supplies to survive, and find myself shelter... I can figure out who I am and what happened later..."

Good read!

DeusMach    0

"I moved off of the shore, and I guess I was near a large town, or at least it looked that way. I had only a grey jacket and a pair of black pants. I picked up a pair of willies from a fishing boat before entering the city, where I picked up a pair of brass knuckles.

After a few moments, I saw a man in the street. He was walking rather strangely, so I approached him. I called out to ask if he was alright and he turned towards me, making a gurgle-like sound. I felt my heart drop into my stomach as I realized that the man wasn't much of a man before. His jaw was gone, the front of his clothes were tattered and stained black with splashes of blood, his eyes glazed over with the white of death. He charged at me and in an instant, my instincts took over. I ended up painting the ground with the contents of his head. After I realized what I had done, I threw up on the side of the road. I had just killed a man... hadn't I?

I was on the outskirts of the large city when a truck drove by, stopping a few dozen feet away and turning around. The man driving the truck offered me a lift. My head hurt again as I climbed into the truck. I felt dizzy. Dehydrated. The man said his name and began to talk with me, speaking of a Jericho, a sanctuary. I spaced out through a lot of it. We passed through six... maybe seven towns? I ended up passing out for a bit, so I am not certain. As we neared the sanctuary, the man told me more about this... infection. He consoled me that the man I thought I killed was already dead, and it lifted some weight from my shoulders. He told me of the situation in the land he called Chernaurus, and how there is no government now.

When we arrived, I swapped out my jacket with a biker's jacket and in the old jacket I found an engraved pistol. A sudden pain struck me as a memory attempted to be recalled, but I couldn't last through it and nearly passed out. I tucked the pistol away into a holster that I found beside a truck. After rifling through the buildings around Jericho, I parted ways with the man, heading south towards where the man had called Green Mountain, but I ended up loosing my way at first and ending up at an airstrip. It was there that I found the burned out husk of a helicopter within a crater, several blood-drenched flak jackets laying in the mud, as well as a rather intimidating rifle. I think it was an M4, the name sounds familiar. I left the gun and the helicopter behind, heading into the city of tents at one end of the runway, running into two more infected. They were easier to dispatch than the first one, since I knew they were not human.

In the tents, I picked up a hunting rifle and a couple boxes of ammunition. I also swapped out my black pants for a pair of blue cargo pants, and filled them with food and a couple of sewing kits to keep my pants and coat repaired. I also replaced my wellies with a pair of military boots of a nice, deep black. I had to say I looked a lot better than I felt.

After I left the tent city, I passed by a couple of barracks and a fire station, picking up a fire axe from the latter. The barracks had quite a few magazines for what seemed like an automatic rifle, but I didn't have a clue how to use them, so I left the magazines and the receiver behind. I left the airfield, spotting what I thought to be a man in the field, but it was only a bush... I guess I was hallucinating.

It took me almost two hours after stopping at a lake and a stream to get water and eat before I spotted what could only be described as a mountain-sized candy cane in the distance. It turned out to be a relay station that the man had spoke of, and beneath it was where he had said green mountain would be. As I arrived, I heard voices nearby and hid by a tree, drawing my pistol as I had thought they were infected, but they were talking. I entered the compound and no one seemed to pay attention to me. I kept my eyes and hands to myself, heading into the compound that the tower resided within and hurriedly headed into the prison building. Now I sit at the top floor, in a corner writing this journal entry... I don't think I will stay here. It makes me uncomfortable. But at least I can get some sleep..."

Nilin    10

Loved the stories so far, Justice... will have to meet up sometime soon again with you as Saoirse!

DeusMach    0

4U0BF18.jpg

"How long has it been? This tattered, ragged diary has been untouched for a long, long time. It's been nearly a month since I 'went missing'. I wonder if anyone noticed, or cared. I certainly don't. I left because I remembered my past. All of it. The loss of memory I had suffered a while back washed away like a tide and the beach it left bare was too much for me to bear. The things I had done to innocent people weighed heavily on my mind, and I can feel that they have changed me.

I remember Percy. I remember Haley. I remember Cabass and his family. I remember the two men who had tortured me. I remember Saoirse. I remember Lucas. I remember Rin. I remember Mia. I remember Andrew. All these people, these memories... seen to no fruition. The colony is long gone, my friends and allies are vanished... what reason is there for me to come back?

Well, it's mostly because the store of food that I have acquired is beginning to expire. I need more food, I'm down to a can of beans, some peaches and a potatoe. Not to mention the zeds that occasionally come out of the woods. I am in need of more medical supplies. More ammo, and a repair kit for the clothes I wear. I still hold the cowboy hat that Haley had given me. Such a silly thing.

The damn hat is something of importance to me, I guess. It brings back the worst of my memories, the night down on the coast when the biter came out of nowhere and took the love of my life in its maw... the hours after that as I tended to her, stopping the bleeding but helpless to stop the infection. I remember it like it was happening before me. How I had to use the second to last bullet in my revolver to put her out of her misery.

I'm still saving that last bullet for myself. I know there will be a time where it will be needed. Haley was not fortunate to survive a bite like I was, though my arm is still messed up because of it.

---

I just took a look outside. The sun's on the rise, which means that its time to turn off the gas lamp I'm using to see as I write this in this journal. I guess it's a good point to stop, before I am torn into a fit of crying again over her. A man should never show his emotions, after all. The sun is up. It is time to take the truck down to town."

DeusMach    0

[align=left]"Sayo is dead... 

[align=left] 

[align=left]I found out from the Colony, who've returned to Hickory Hill for a while. Some asshole in a cowboy hat blatantly chucked that out there. I wanted to punch him in the face and scream at him, to ask h im why the fuck he let her commit suicide. Why the fuck would any of them let her do that? She was a... decent woman. She did not deserve what happened. I had a soft spot for her in my heart, she was kind of like a sister to me. She was that way to a lot of people, I hear. But she was the only one who had made me properly laugh within the last few months.

[align=left]Damn it, Sayo.

-------

[align=left]Another lass named Allie or something was there, and her brother had some issues with a man. That blew over quite easily.  Then the pecker said that Allie needed medicine that no one had in the camp. I offered to go with. We headed down the road, but it did not take long for the man to get cold feet and have us turn around. He told me Allie was going to freak out, and I got worried, so we hurried back. Then he told me that  he thought I was going to rob him when we got far enough out. I don't blame him. I probably would have, I cannot lie. But I was in a good mood.

[align=left]------

[align=left]Ah, before all that, some assholes in black berets came along and pulled Percy away. Apparently, they were friends, and called themselves the Chedaki. Fuckin' communist, lyin' bastards they were. I caught one of their crew watching the compound with a gun that had its bipod deployed, as though they were planning to start something. I confronted him and chased him off, then went down to inform Percy. And then I confronted the Chedaki about it. Fuckin' twats. The man said  that his friend had fallen asleep in the tree, resting against his deployed gun. What a dumbass, like I'd believe that shit. If their overwatch is falling asleep on his gun, they need to get a new overwatch. Or at least come up with better excuses.

[align=left]People wonder why I can't trust anyone. These fucks are the reasons why. Everyone's so god damn afraid of one another that they won't even show the respect to others by owning up to their own shortcomings. Those Chedaki and I will note be friends, ever. I will be keeping my gun aimed at them, and if I find another one of their assholes in the trees watching my friends, I'm going to make sure the man doesn't have a chance to run away next time.

[align=left]------

[align=left]Percy, I, and a few others left to scout the airfield and met some bush at the prison building, who was wearing a mask. I immediately got a bad vibe from him, and when he walked off toward the hangars, I followed at a distance and spotted at least three others there, and heard him talking to them. I don't think I've ever rightly shat myself until that moment. I practically ran back to the others and told them we had to go. I knew what that guy was likely going to do.

[align=left]We went to Grishino and then to Stary looking for pants and having a general discussion between ourselves. Apparently I've become more talkative since I left. I guess I should shut up a bit more often, so Percy doesn't call me out on being sociable again. When we were in Stary, we ran into Allie and her brother.

[align=left]Oh... might be a good time to point out that Allie's got schizophrenic voices in her head, like the auditory hallucinations I have. Her brother told me, and I've kept it a secret. I know how hard it is to deal with the voices in your head. No one knows I have them either, and it is good to know that I'm not the only one.

[align=left]Anyhow, I figured Percy would be safe enough in Allie's entourage, so I left the group, headed over to Novy and now I sit on the top of the police station, writing as the moon sets . Life sure has gotten stranger in this gods-forsaken land. I wonder what next week will hold for us all..."

Guest UncleBeaver   
Guest UncleBeaver

Good read!

Guest Jeff   
Guest Jeff

Pretty good!

DeusMach    0

"Today has been quite the mixed bag of fruit. On one hand, I've likely enjoyed myself the most within the last twenty four hours than I ever have since the outbreak. On the other hand, memories of a haunting past resurfaced, and I'm feeling like shit  again.

I returned to the Colony after my trip home and met a few people there. Two of which were talking about Lapua rounds. I dropped in and said a few words before the man parted the group, saying something about finding a sword and talking to percy. The other one was a lass named Marissa. She was quaint. Sounded like she was from Bawston, or Joursie. Turns out she's from the home o' the frank, good ol' Stratton Island. I think that's in New York, right? Probably not, but who cares.

We sat around a fire and got to know each other and before I knew it, she was suggesting we should go take a hike together and hunt some animals down, to cook up a meal for the colony. Well, truth be told it was my idea, but if everyone else thinks she suggested it, it won't make me seem like such a pansy, pining for alone time with a woman. Anyhow, a hike we did take and met a man named Truelove down at the airfield. We spotted another man in a tower, pegging zeds down the way. That's when some silent pecker popped out of nowhere and startled Marissa. I thought that was funny. She turned her trousers a proper shade of brown, hah!

Anyhow, we moved on and returned to talking about sports. Don't ask me how we got there, we went from food to killing shit to hotdogs to 'oi, what team to you score for'. English is a funky language, isn't it? Anyhow, she called me a wacko for not watching sports on Sundays back before the Fall. One thing led to another and I was talking about Joshua and Mackenzie, my wee boy an' girl. It was a difficult thing to bring up, and the memories alone almost made me choke. But for Marissa's sake, and my own pride's sake, I held back my emotions like a man and muscled through it.

I told Marissa about how I lost my children. About how Mackenzie was only about twelve when it happened, her brother only eight. About how I returned home one day to find the children wrestling with each other, like they normally did. Though, this time wasn't the same. I told Marissa how the children were literally tearing each other apart, but that is where I had to stop, before I ended up crying again. I can't recall if I told her about how I had to put them out of their misery. My gut hurt during our trek. The memories weighed heavily. Eventually, I told her th at the reason why I did not get along with others is because I don't trust them to keep themselves alive. And I know that if I let myself grow attached to another person like I did with Haley, that they would end up turning, and I'd have another hole in my being.

Our trek lasted only for a few hours after that. We checked a wreck, wrecked a town full of zeds and eventually ended up at my house. It's in the woods, nestled away from others. Marissa had thought I was luring her there to rape her or something. Like hell. Anyhow, she eventually realized I wasn't a bad guy and we started talking about her while we cooked up what few steaks we accrued along the way. She told me of someone she called 'Blue Eyes'. Her husband, apparently.

I guess it's a good thing she's married. Saves me the issue of worrying about whether or not I like her. And it's good that she's taken. A woman like her shouldn't be wandering the world alone. However, a man like me... well, I'd say I've earned enough demons to deserve this desolate existence. But at least I have allies I can call upon. And I think Marissa's one of them. Anyhow, we decided that tomorrow was the day we would go and hunt some more, since dark was falling by the time we got done talking.

I sent Marissa upstairs to sleep, since there was a bed up there that was cleaned and ready for such things. And now I find myself downstairs, sitting on the couch, which will be my bed for the night, writing in this little diary of mine on the kitchen table. Nights like these... in places like this... it's almost possible to forget all of the shit that has happened, and all of the creatures out there. I hope I get to see more nights like this. . ."

DeusMach    0

"Today has been one heck of a day. Actually, the last two days have been really fucking strange.

Yesterday, everything seemed fine and dandy until a man chopped at the apple tree and bolted when Percy confronted him. He started to run, and I knew Percy wasn't in shape enough to chase after, so I took it upon myself to charge after him. I bellowed at him to stop and get on the ground and face judgement for his crimes, but he fled. I shot almost fifty bullets at him, managing to tag him only once, but I think the vest saved his life. After nearly a thirty minute chase, halfway through which Percy joined in, we lost him and headed back to the colony. It was then that we got a radio transmission from our friends in Svetlo relaying that they had found the guy.

Percy and I got into the truck and barreled the fuck out of dodge and made haste to Svet. We tracked him down by the apartment buildings. I told percy to wait off, and that I was going around, but Percy got a bit angst, and he initiated just as I managed to get on the guy's rear side. I pumped four bullets into the man, and one bullet ricocheted into our ally, but Percy took a bulled right in the gut. I was struck into a panic when I saw the old man go down. I had never felt more fear in my life.

I realized then the reason why I had returned to the colony at all. It was to keep this man, Percival Windsor, from doing something like this and getting hurt. To be the voice of wisdom, and an arm of strength. To protect him and keep him alive. But I had failed at that. I quickly dressed Percy's wounds and put a bullet into the other man's head, making sure he did not rise up again before picking up Percy and taking him to the truck. I made sure he was safe in the passenger seat before getting in the truck myself and hauling ass back to the Colony.

We got back and I had Pierce take a look at him. He told me the old man would be just fine. Fucking doctors. He'd better be. I've not seen him since.

Anyhow, while I was pacing like a frantic child over a wounded parent, a gal named Kitty came in and began to console me, suggesting she and I should go get some food for Percy to eat once he recovered. I obliged and we went north. I don't know the name of the town, but it doesn't matter. Kitty was determined to talk me into a friendship, and I could only begrudgingly resist at first. I did not really enjoy how she was. She was rather... bubbly. Too happy to be real. She had a mean cuteness to her. I just can't place my finder on it. The kind of sweetness that would cause you to have diabetes.

Anyhow, I guess I pissed her off. I did kind of snap on her, and I hadn't really had much of a chance to say sorry. Apologies are always difficult for me. She continued down the road, right into a  hoard of zeds. Before I could swallow my pride, fear shot up to replace it. I tried to take the fuckers out, but they still managed to maul her to unconsciousness. I picked her limp form up and hauled her ass back to the Colony, like I did with percy, but Pierce was not in. No one was. I tended to her myself, and I could not help but feel responsible for her misfortune. I sat there, in the prison building, and ran a thumb over her cheek. She was still to damn cute to be real.

I was fed up with myself. I took my leave once I knew she would be fine. I guess she woke up and wandered off, because the next day I was contacted by radio and she asked to meet me again. A whole shit-fest went down when I got to Elektro. She was lying face down in the fire station, bleeding profusely from scratches and from being mauled by the zeds. I swiftly gave her medical attention, bandaged her wounds, gave her food and water and began CPR on her. When she seemed stable, I sat back, reflecting on what just happened.

Why the fuck do I care what happens to this woman? Why is she so surreal? She makes me feel awkward and strange, but not just in a bad way. I couldn't put my finger on why she was so god damn irresistible. I cannot let this broad get to me. She'll just end up like the others, or like Haley. Dead. 

She did not take kindly to what we spoke of later, when I tried to say we should not get to know each other more than what we have already. She thought I was saying I did not want to be her acquaintance. I did not mind that, but anything more would be... pushing a line I could not push. Not again. I will keep to having Percy as my only friend. However, she did catch my mind a bit. She spoke of how she always liked to stargaze. That might explain her star-print panties... not that I was looking or anything. I took out the old kodiak and snapped a picture of the sky, of the little dipper constellation. She might like that.

A lot else has transpired, but I'm far too tired to write that down. My wrist aches. We'll see how tomorrow ends up."

Guest Yuri Ubiytsa   
Guest Yuri Ubiytsa

The kind of sweetness that would cause you to have diabetes.

Wow that's pretty sweet lel

The kind of sweetness that would cause you to have diabetes.

Wow that's pretty sweet lel

Have you not met Kitty?