Server time: 2017-10-17, 11:43
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
randomredstone

Island Exceptions

There are so many situations that have and will happen at the Prison Island, and many of those situations, players would not be able to do anything about. I don't know if that made any sense, but I will give an example.

Let's say you are with a group of people and you all see people at the prison island, then you start to swim over to the island. When you arrive, you are confronted by a group of people and they initiate on you.

Now lets switch perspectives..

You are with your team on the coast, aiming down your scope at the island. Your friend had just gotten initiated on, but dang it, you cant do anything about it because it is more than 500 meters, even though you can see your friend and everyone involved clearly.

time passes..

You wait patiently, and after a minute or two, all of the people on the island go back to what they were doing, except for one person who is watching your friend at gunpoint. That one person sees you, turns to face you, and flips you off.

He knows you can't do anything to him, because it would break the rules.

In reality, if a group of people held someone up in the open, you bet your butt they would be scoping every piece of land out there, for any of the hostage's friends. But no, if this situation goes down, you could have people flipping you off from the island, eating canned peaches and sittin' by the fire. Because they KNOW you can't do anything.

Here's what I am thinking..

I think that there should be curtain rules, that should be "altered" or have an exception made, that take place on the coast by the prison island, or on the prison island.

Like the KoS rights:

"You may only share KoS rights when you meet both of the following conditions:

◾You are within 500 meters of the hostile situation at the time of occurrence

◾You were recently apart of the involved parties group."

I think it should be something like this:

"You may only share KoS rights when you meet the following conditions:

◾You are within 500 meters of the hostile situation at the time of occurrence

◾You were recently apart of the involved parties group.

◾If the incident takes place ON the prison island, or shoreline north of the island, you have permission to act upon the hostile situation at the time of occurrence."

(I know it could be worded better)

What this would accomplish:

People on the island would have to always be on the look if they did something wrong, or if they are in the act of robbing or holding someone hostage. You can bet that they would not be outside when they initiate, because in real life, if you initiated on someone in the open like that, and they had FRIENDS.. you would get shot.

For the future:

You may be thinking, "You'd have to be a hell of a good shot to hit someone from that distance".

Don't forget that it is possible, there will ALWAYS be a risk, and plus.. SVDs are being added sometime in the future.

I don't know if I explained this clearly enough, but hopefully you get the point.

The "500 meters from hostile action" rule should be changed, if it takes place on the prison island, or the coast from the prison island.

Thoughts?

Ominous    5

I believe this issue with the island was addressed in another suggestion as well and i can see what you mean by this. Something should be changed.

If this were implemented (or something similar) it would be a grey area until specifics were set and written by admins.

Rather than initiations being based off of distance they would work off of predetermined 'territories'. It'd require a lot of work but might be worth doing.

However allowing sniping from the shore/mainland to the island would be a shit show and I can't see any reason for it. It encourages PvP over RP.

If this were implemented (or something similar) it would be a grey area until specifics were set and written by admins.

Rather than initiations being based off of distance they would work off of predetermined 'territories'. It'd require a lot of work but might be worth doing.

However allowing sniping from the shore/mainland to the island would be a shit show and I can't see any reason for it. It encourages PvP over RP.

I personally think that robbing someone in the open, on an island or not, is bad role play. in reality you would get shot at.

Buddy    1060

i think having 500m OR direct line of sight (for instances such as the island or across an airfield) would be a fair assessment

i think having 500m OR direct line of sight (for instances such as the island or across an airfield) would be a fair assessment

But imagine how many cases where people would say "ohh yeah I had direct line of sight" if they didn't.

NickJantzen    0

I feel before they add any more islands they should add at least one type of boat, weather its a row boat to a motor boat.

Prince    118

But imagine how many cases where people would say "ohh yeah I had direct line of sight" if they didn't.

The same thing goes with the new 500m rule. Liers are just a part of life that you just deal with.

Ghost of Levi    8

This used to be an rule(good semairitan rule), they removed it becouse people were abusing it.

I dont think something should be done about it, even though people on the island are literuarly infincible it prevents all out wars and the PVP>RP aspect, so id say no really

I like the rules the way they are atm but a bit of altering may go along way in some instances I know what ya saying bro

So maybe if A n B are in group both got a radio and can hear what going down and clear LOS maybe a right to KOS upto 800 mtr

But then there the case of bad play and abuse by others and you best be a good shot :)

I dont know and Im still reading the rules and lore In my short time here

Ami.Knight    9

I don't personally like going to the prison island. Really long swim for gear i wouldn't use in character anyway and from RP aspect she would avoid it because she is afraid of the ocean. However it does bug me that basically whoever spawned on the island first owns the entire thing. All you have to do is rob and send back to shore every single person who arrives and they don't really have a chance to defend themselves. (Unless the one on the island is alone) Then the only way for others to reach it without getting the whole tsa routine would be to hop servers back and forth which is against the rules. Seems players currently on the island really have a ridiculous amount of control over that area.