Server time: 2017-08-21, 02:41

Sign in to follow this  
Phin

Random death?

Question

Phin    0

Well, I was looting around a town, nothing out of the ordinary. I entered the two-story red house. I was in the first room on my right after ascending the stairs. After opening the door and entering that room, BAM, my screen went black and I was dead.

What the heck??? I had a pretty nice character, I had taken a while to get that geared up. And all of it is gone?

I was curious, is this a common general DayZ bug?

There is obviously very little that can be done about this, but I was just curious about this rather annoying occurrence.

If it is important to know, this happened in the US Chicago-based server. It happened at 7:05 EST. My character in game name is Phin Goodson.

Thanks.

6 answers to this question

Guest Vittoria   
Guest Vittoria

Its a bug.

Whenever you change floors, hit V, and vault.

Its resets your player position and saves you from dying.

It is indeed an bug with DayZ where buildings kill you sometimes. With some buildings it is considered common, such as the tower in the fire station.

Franklin    8

Sadly, it is a well known glitch in DayZ and it has happened to me many times before. Next time, if you want to avoid dying due to this bug, try what VittoriaK has suggested and hit V to vault. I tried it and it indeed prevented me from dying.

So, are the answers to your question satisfactory Phin? If so I'll mark the thread as solved.

Phin    0

Sadly, it is a well known glitch in DayZ and it has happened to me many times before. Next time, if you want to avoid dying due to this bug, try what VittoriaK has suggested and hit V to vault. I tried it and it indeed prevented me from dying.

So, are the answers to your question satisfactory Phin? If so I'll mark the thread as solved.

Yeah, thanks all who replied to help! I will make sure to take necessary precautions in the future when entering upstairs rooms. Thanks again, much appreciated.

Franklin    8

Always take it slow when going through buildings. I found that walking helps instead of the usual jog.

/marking as solved