Server time: 2017-08-20, 04:18

Sign in to follow this  
BaconFromHell

Do cooking pots with the gas cooker work yet?

Question

16 answers to this question

Tamaster92    14

Yes they do!

Chriss    1

Nice and how about the flying frying-pan when you use it on campfires and gas-cooker?

forager    0

cant wait to try out some lard, steak and potato in my new frying pan

cant wait to fry up some lard, steak and potato in my new frying pan

drewhinny    0

Yea the cooking thing has yet to develop. But i think it will be sick when it does.

You can cook meat with a cooking tripod and a pot. Not tryed a portable gas stove yet.

Try mixing a portable gas stove, a gas canister and a cooking pot, it's a lot more to carry but I guess if you're too paranoid and afraid that a fire would get you spotted. Use that to be concealed while cooking your food I guess

The gas canisters and portable stove, does work. I used it, not long time ago, and it works fine. Just scroll with mouse and "Turn On". I don't know with sardines on frying pans though, i only tried the cooking pot.

Having a cooking pot and a cooking tripod takes up 7 slots in total.

Friend and I found out that if you take a gas canister + portable gas stove + cooking pot and combine them it only counts up to a total of 2 slots vertically. That's a good way to save some space and it does indeed work with the newest patch!

RubyRed    0

Food question. Is the fruite s good way to heal or not??

Not too good, best food for water AND energy would be canned peaches. You can read the amounts of energy and water given by different foods and drinks here:

http://dayz.gamepedia.com/Food_and_Drink

Fruits don't provide too much engery or water. You will need a lot to get energized or hydrated.

Unknown Entity    126

If you combine the cooking pot, gas canister, and cooking stove, it also takes up 2 slots instead of 6.

Kythe    0

Having a cooking pot and a cooking tripod takes up 7 slots in total.

Friend and I found out that if you take a gas canister + portable gas stove + cooking pot and combine them it only counts up to a total of 2 slots vertically. That's a good way to save some space and it does indeed work with the newest patch!

You can replace the cooking tripod with 8 little stones. It takes only 1x1 slot. In that way you can make the oven and you don't need the tripod. You can either search the little stones or use a pickaxe to get them. The little stones will do. No need to get the huge ones.

Food question. Is the fruite s good way to heal or not??

No. Fruits are fine when trying to keep healthy on but still canned food are way better. I sometimes pick up zucchinis and bell peppers but ignore the rest.

I've noticed that newspawns should try to avoid eating fruits. It can get to a point when you just can't get healing / healthy up at all. It might be a bug. Eating tons of fruits will get you too hydrated and finding the nice balance between not being stuffed, hydrated and energized might take some time.

Vandy    34

Seeing as many other community members replied to this thread with a positive answer, I can go ahead and /solve this.

I havn't tried it out myself, but others are confirming it works!