Server time: 2017-08-18, 22:18

Sign in to follow this  
Weptleech

demands

Question

Weptleech    0

i just have a quick question for any one that can answer it?

i have been looking over reports on the forums to make sure i don't make similar mistakes.

i saw a few times people saying they were given say 3 or maybe 5 seconds to comply with a demand and they were saying it was not okay to do this. i looked over the standalone rules a few times but could not see anything about giving a certain amount of time?

if its something like dropping stuff then i can understand you are going to need some time to do but in game the other day i sneak up on a man and ask him not to move and stay still he bolts it and zigzags i say stop i don't want to hurt you, he carry's on running away zigzagging, i shout to him "you have 3 seconds to stop or i am going to shoot out your leg then you cant run" so he carry's on running at this point i do not think he has said a word to me so i shoot his leg and he passes out i fix him up and cuff him so he cant run away form the situation. when he wakes up he starts talking in game OOC which i have seen a rule saying not to do that and he keeps going on about how i should have given him 10 seconds for a demand. it does not take 10 seconds to think oh stop i think 3 seconds was plenty to stop any longer would have given him time to escape.

please could anyone give me a little advice on this i don't want to be breaking the rules in anyway

thanks!

8 answers to this question

Vandy    34

I assume you are talking about the "10 seconds robbery" threads.

Basically nobody likes the 10 secodns robberies. Robberies where people barely rolepaly the robbery, but all what they say is: "Drop your stuff, you got ten seconds!"

This is foul roleplay, listed under the badrp-rule. And thus this a reportable offence!

What you did there, was giving a person 3 times to comply with you. There is indeed no said rule about time to comply, so the person that said in ooc "give me ten secs at least" is wrong as well.

It feels the other person didn't want to roleplay with you at all, and could be called in as badrp and excessive ooc.

So to clarify, "10 second robberies" are robberies where people do no tend to roleplay but just rob you for your gear and what so ever. And no, there is not a certain amount of time you have to give someone to comply.

Has this answerred your question?

Weptleech    0

I assume you are talking about the "10 seconds robbery" threads.

Basically nobody likes the 10 secodns robberies. Robberies where people barely rolepaly the robbery, but all what they say is: "Drop your stuff, you got ten seconds!"

This is foul roleplay, listed under the badrp-rule. And thus this a reportable offence!

What you did there, was giving a person 3 times to comply with you. There is indeed no said rule about time to comply, so the person that said in ooc "give me ten secs at least" is wrong as well.

It feels the other person didn't want to roleplay with you at all, and could be called in as badrp and excessive ooc.

So to clarify, "10 second robberies" are robberies where people do no tend to roleplay but just rob you for your gear and what so ever. And no, there is not a certain amount of time you have to give someone to comply.

Has this answerred your question?

yeah i think so thanks!

so just keep it real, dont rob only for gear, do it for the fun i think i get it. well i think i did this as i ignored his talking in game ooc to keep the RP real and i talked to him the whole time. thank you!

Guest Doug Quade   
Guest Doug Quade

Can you post a link to the badrp rules ?

Davos    5

What not to do:

1.) Run away when someone has a gun pointed at you.

2.) Word vomit your phrase out so quickly they can't understand you.

3.) Shoot the messenger.

4.) Suck at robbing people, but do keep on doing it.

5.) Come up with a B.S. excuse as to why you are holding someone up.

6.) Holding people up within five minutes of a server reset, because you are a cheap bastardo.

7.) Forget people have a 'radio' on them and not remove it from them.

8.) Forget that derringers are powerful and fit anywhere.

9.) Try to rob people on your own, because 1 to 1 is fair odds for NVFL.

10.) Take everything a person owns and leave them with only an unopened can of food, and a soda.

Guest Doug Quade   
Guest Doug Quade

Can you post a link to the badrp rules ?

http://www.dayzrp.com/rules-sa

Rule One is about roleplay.

Everything within "What not to do" is considered bad rp.

Thanks for posting this. I think it might help make it easier for new players to understand if if something along the lines of "Doing these things is considered BadRp and is punishable etc... It does not mention in there that doing any of these things will result in a punishment. Perhaps if players knew that in advance, they would be more aware to not do those things ?

Weptleech    0

i know this is off topic but saying about bad RP reminds me of today when me and a random person chased a guy from vybor base to vybor and no matter how hard we tried to talk he kept running away thats bad rp right and i should have filed a report to ensure he does not do it again?