Server time: 2017-10-20, 14:26
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Bluefork

Epic Fail !!!

Bluefork    0

I'm sorry to say I have failed your whitelist miserably, unfortionatly I wish I could understand the reson why!

I kept getting this:

"You have failed to or incorrectly explained the KoS rule about complying hostages."

Yet I thought I understood it as follow's,

You must make verbal contact and you must make your hostile intention clear and straght forward, state your demand's before you can harm the hostages for non-compliance.

Obviouly if you comply to the demands of the Bandits you should be kept safe and well.

Its a shame I feel becouse the main reson I liked RP is I hate the KoS attitude of the main stream servers, being older in my 50s and more mature just running about killing every body you see is not what I expected of a survial game to be, I likey may stop playing DayZ now.

I understand that I'm not now getting into the RP servers but I would just like to know what I got wrong, so I can learn from this.

Can anybody please help me understand this rule properly?

Sorry if some of this does not make much sence as I'm dyslexic and my spell checker was playing up.

Thanks

Bluefork

weedy wine    4

I'm sorry to say I have failed your whitelist miserably, unfortionatly I wish I could understand the reson why!

I kept getting this:

"You have failed to or incorrectly explained the KoS rule about complying hostages."

Yet I thought I understood it as follow's,

You must make verbal contact and you must make your hostile intention clear and straght forward, state your demand's before you can harm the hostages for non-compliance.

Obviouly if you comply to the demands of the Bandits you should be kept safe and well.

Its a shame I feel becouse the main reson I liked RP is I hate the KoS attitude of the main stream servers, being older in my 50s and more mature just running about killing every body you see is not what I expected of a survial game to be, I likey may stop playing DayZ now.

I understand that I'm not now getting into the RP servers but I would just like to know what I got wrong, so I can learn from this.

Can anybody please help me understand this rule properly?

Sorry if some of this does not make much sence as I'm dyslexic and my spell checker was playing up.

Thanks

Bluefork

Hey buddy,

PM your whitelist and I'll try and give you some feedback about your app. Always down to help :)

Vandy    34

Hello bluefork.

From what I can see is that you failed to give an example about how the KoS rule applies in a hostage situation. What you had to do was give an example about a hostage situation and explain the KoS rule by that example.

We seek examples for explaining all rules for this community, so we can see you actualyl understand the rules. Everybody can paraphrase the rules, but not everyone does understand them enough to make up an example.

I'm not sure, but you have actually three tries to apply for the whitelist applications. Was this your first try?

Basoon    15

This is a pretty short explanation. This leaves a lot of questions about what is initiation, when is it alright to kill a hostage, when is it ok to take a hostage in the first place?

Write the rules like you are explaining them to a small child, being extremely clear and extremely descriptive of all details.

As Vandy said you get three tries. If you have already used your three tries you can try making a ban appeal, but you will have to explain the rule extremely well, as it will be under harsh scrutiny.

Feel free to shoot me a PM if you would like some specific help. :)

Bluefork    0

Thanks for your help guys, before it was only a clip from my answer here is the full submission if it helps more:

"KoS means Kill on Site Rule

Killing or harming another player has to be justified by the role playing and the actions specified in this rule;

there are some situations where you may kill another player:you must make verbal contact and you must make your hostile intention clear and straght forward, state your demand's before you can harm the hostages for non-compliance.

Also understanding that if you make hostile actions i.e you shoot or harm someone then they have two hours from that time to retaliate to the incident and as long as no other rules would be broken.

you also can not retaliate to the actions if you were more than 500 mts from the action, but you can have KoS rights.

If you was within 500 mts of the action and part of the involved parties group.

Also if you are a Bandit and have any hostages you must within reson look after there heath and protect them from harm eg: Zombie attacks, food and drink as well as heat,

if you release an hostage you must make sure that they have a good chance to survive. "

I guess I have misunderstood something, but that was my 3rd and final try.

My 1st try I never kelp but got back this,

You have failed to or incorrectly explained the KoS rule about complying hostages.

You have failed to or incorrectly explained the KoS rule about protecting hostages.

You have failed to or incorrectly explained the KoS rule about group KoS rights sharing

so this was my 2nd reply:

"KoS means Kill on Site, this means that you must make verbal contact with a character before you initiate any hostile actions to them and you must have a justifiable reason for any hostile actions taken and/or killing them.

Also understanding that if you make hostile actions i.e you shoot at someone then they have two hours from that time to retaliate to the incident and as long as no other rules would be broken.

you must not log out within that two hours to give that player a chance to retaliate to you, One exception to this rule can be if you do not co-operate with bandits they can possibly shoot you in character roles or if you pose a direct threat to them.

you also can not retaliate to the actions if you were more than 500 mts from the action, but you can have KoS rights if you was within 500 mts of the action and part of the involved parties group.

Also if you are a Bandit and have any hostages you must within reson look after there heath and protect them from harm eg: Zombie attacks, food and drink as well as heat,

if you release an hostage you must make sure that they have a good chance to survive.

I got this back:

You have failed to or incorrectly explained the KoS rule about stating clear demands to your victims.

You have failed to or incorrectly explained the KoS rule about complying hostages.

Unless I understand fully what I did wrong there is no point appealing against the decision.

I really dont expect to get into the whitelist but I have this large need to know what I did wrong as I hate to fail ignorantly, I just have to know were I got it wrong for my own sake!!

Mikachu    26

Thanks for your help guys, before it was only a clip from my answer here is the full submission if it helps more:

"KoS means Kill on Site Rule

Killing or harming another player has to be justified by the role playing and the actions specified in this rule;

there are some situations where you may kill another player:you must make verbal contact and you must make your hostile intention clear and straght forward, state your demand's before you can harm the hostages for non-compliance.

Also understanding that if you make hostile actions i.e you shoot or harm someone then they have two hours from that time to retaliate to the incident and as long as no other rules would be broken.

you also can not retaliate to the actions if you were more than 500 mts from the action, but you can have KoS rights.

If you was within 500 mts of the action and part of the involved parties group.

if you release an hostage you must make sure that they have a good chance to survive. "

I guess I have misunderstood something, but that was my 3rd and final try.

My 1st try I never kelp but got back this,

You have failed to or incorrectly explained the KoS rule about protecting hostages.

You have failed to or incorrectly explained the KoS rule about group KoS rights sharing

so this was my 2nd reply:

"KoS means Kill on Site, this means that you must make verbal contact with a character before you initiate any hostile actions to them and you must have a justifiable reason for any hostile actions taken and/or killing them.

Also understanding that if you make hostile actions i.e you shoot at someone then they have two hours from that time to retaliate to the incident and as long as no other rules would be broken.

you must not log out within that two hours to give that player a chance to retaliate to you, One exception to this rule can be if you do not co-operate with bandits they can possibly shoot you in character roles or if you pose a direct threat to them.

you also can not retaliate to the actions if you were more than 500 mts from the action, but you can have KoS rights if you was within 500 mts of the action and part of the involved parties group.

if you release an hostage you must make sure that they have a good chance to survive.

I got this back:

You have failed to or incorrectly explained the KoS rule about stating clear demands to your victims.

Unless I understand fully what I did wrong there is no point appealing against the decision.

I really dont expect to get into the whitelist but I have this large need to know what I did wrong as I hate to fail ignorantly, I just have to know were I got it wrong for my own sake!!

I would suggest hopping on teamspeak and contacting a CH or mod - we can help you get your whitelist accepted.

Afterall, we want people to join :)

Zorac    0

I just got whitelisted myself and i have almost always been a person that seems to "get things". I dont need to have things explained to me several times and such. However during my first whitelist application i misunderstood the way you where supposed to explain the rules in regards to how detailed and how much examples you need to have.

Maybe this is something that could get better on the whitelist application site.

Also, like Tamaster already stated, join teamspeak. I got really good help from them on teamspeak with my application.