Server time: 2017-10-22, 19:20
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
njoniaux

First Time Ever Playing With Persistence

Question

njoniaux    0

So, first time I ever played with persistence on today. I was on S2, and spawned in around cherno. Decided I'd go through cherno for quick clear for food and some clothes, but from what was supposed to be a quick run through turned into a full clear. I found literally nothing at all in the city of cherno. Can someone explain to me why this would be? I understand with persistence items spawn within 1km from where an item was taken, but how would a whole city be cleared of all loot? Seems really odd to me. Also, the town right outside Cherno as well as the skyscraper alley areas were also very clear only found a pair of boots up there.

Staff, I don't know why my post duplicated itself, my apologies for however that happened. I don't know how to delete a post?

5 answers to this question

Persistence dude. It causes lootsplosions somewhere in the map. So basically, you'll find nothing until you find one building that has ALL THE LOOTS!

It's like the Chernarus Pirates rounded up all ye' booty.

This happend to me on a public server, the military base North of kamenka was stocked full of AK's, mags, military gear and I got fully kitted out, I traveled to prison island thinking it would be similar but I didn't find a thing on the island.

RubyRed    0

This makes the game more realistic, if you meet someone you have to ask for food or build a farm to get some food (did that yesterday).

Autumn    127

Persistence dude. It causes lootsplosions somewhere in the map. So basically, you'll find nothing until you find one building that has ALL THE LOOTS!

It's like the Chernarus Pirates rounded up all ye' booty.

tumblr_mmsjl2ik7A1rx35huo1_500.gif

'Yarr, stay away from the Southern Coast Yarr...

Baron    2

Persistence is a system in the works still, but the core of what it's supposed to be is this:

Imagine, if each person loots the same area, time after time, these areas will be clean, but within a 1km radius, there's more items, popular areas such as Cherno, the airfields and such will be clean because people keep looting them, keep going through and not searching the lesser towns nearby, thus loot itself in more popular areas has become scarce, it's a system that wishes to mimic the way the real world survival would work.

The more people pass through and pick up the little pieces that spawn, the less you'll find, try venturing out to places you normally wouldn't venture to, you'll find more than you could imagine with a little bravery and exploration, I promise.

/Solving