Server time: 2017-08-20, 02:26

Sign in to follow this  
ponator

Latest Stable Update - Likes/Dislikes

Guest AsOiX   
Guest AsOiX

It's a horrible update.. Broke weapon attachments, broken persistence, broken everything.

The Hunting Knife and pistol suppressor are amazing!

It's a horrible update.. Broke weapon attachments, broken persistence, broken everything.

You can't break what was never fixed...

Guest AsOiX   
Guest AsOiX

But you can break what was already working

I.e. Dont release a "Stable" branch when it breaks more things than it adds.

What did it break regarding persistence? If anything they improved it by making it more stable.

Definitely like the hunting knife, improvised suppressor is quite good but need pristine water bottle and pristine duct tape if you want at least 3 shots.

ponator    0

So the consensus is we have experimental or "somewhat stable". I don't use improvised items a lot but I'm happy they're adding a lot in that category.

Yadidle    2

Alpha is when they add content, even if it's slightly broken. You guys need to understand that things will be broken, we bought into an unfinished game to help with its development.

ponator    0

Alpha is when they add content, even if it's slightly broken. You guys need to understand that things will be broken, we bought into an unfinished game to help with its development.

I agree. In my opinion, the rate of development has increased considerably.

I like the prison uniform found on prison Island, people say it was on 0.53 but I never found it until now, I tried all the gear on and it looks really good.

Connvexus    36

Persistence is broken. Though it adds to the realism (as in once a town is looted it will be completely dry, makes sense) And the fact how everyone re-loots places after restarts, which makes no sense.

But I fear robberies are going to shoot through the roof now.

Subso    0

The only thing that makes the server crash are loot cyclers.

Anyway - good update. Love persistance so far!

PwnCaiks101    0

I liked the new items they added, but I haven't seen a FN trombone around. And when the update/persistance first came out, I was getting terrific frames for no reason! But now they hit the ground fast.

ponator    0

I haven't really noticed a drop in frames but I haven't been able to find a few of the added items. I've seen a few people complaining about the trombone and the attachments for the plate vests.

Regarding the attachements: They have re-done class names for a easier future fixes. Remember certain backpacks deleting items? Yeah, that fixed that. Meat in cooking pots crashes servers? Fixed that. There are more pros and the cons this. The devs are always trying their best to fix and prepare the game for the future. And I'm not saying it's an alpha, but it's an alpha.

The by far best additions of this patch must be the new animal AI. Hunting difficulty and enjoyability has increased by far. Hunting down an animal feels rewarding now and the things you can get from an animal are actually very valuable with the recent additions of crafting water pouches, clothes, etc, using guts as string, just to name a few things.

It took me 20 minutes to seperate, sneak up and actually kill a cow with bow and arrow. The feeling of accomplishement and achievement is just too good now. And it also makes the animal ressources like food and pelt way more valuable which in combination with persistence allows trading hunters to actually be a thing. Also group hunting tactics can be used now, which IMO will boost role play immensly.

Animal AI as fox mentioned is really cool. Atlas bipod and MP5K parts are now spawning which I'm truly happy about.

ponator    0

I'm definitely glad to see hunting gaining ground. I'd like to see a few predatory animals added to the game. Obviously it should be an afterthought but if you're out in the woods and you get aggro'd by a bear....RP turns into RIP....

lemonade319    31

Persistence is not broken, just people are abusing it and thus making the stable branch unstable, they do this via loot cycling.

Boia    0

Can you guys tell me what the patch break of the previous version?

Right now i have not yet tried the new patch cause of RL.

I dont know about you guys but I can't ever drink the entire canteen by clicking "drink all". It's a bug where my guy just sits there and either does half the action and stops or does it fully and stops but it is never fully complete. Only option is to cancel the current action and take swigs constantly which can be time consuming and annoying. Really hope this gets fixed soon.