Server time: 2017-08-16, 15:25

Sign in to follow this  
Snafu

Constant Connection loss

Question

Snafu    4

I've been playing tonight, and every so often the server restarts. Not as in it resets all the loot but sort of kicks everyone. I was just wondering why its doing this

6 answers to this question

Vandy    34

This is mostly due to persistence. Not by persistence it self but by people "loot cycling" and making "loot explosions". They make the servers lagg and create crashes.

Do keep in mind that loot cycling is a punishable offence, due to abuse of game mechanics.

Sorry for the inconvience, let's hope it comes to an end soon.

Guest Doug Quade   
Guest Doug Quade

This is mostly due to persistence. Not by persistence it self but by people "loot cycling" and making "loot explosions". They make the servers lagg and create crashes.

Do keep in mind that loot cycling is a punishable offence, due to abuse of game mechanics.

Sorry for the inconvience, let's hope it comes to an end soon.

How does can we spot this and report ? People abusing game mechanics, and causing server crashes is a big problem. What can us players do to help ?

Yeah its been happening to me to, its not that nice its made my fps drop and my game come to a complete standstill a number of times.

Baron    2

There are multiple issues with this update, a hotfix for this update has been announced and is currently in experimental, this shall be fixed soon hopefully.

In terms of loot cycling, the action is something of which was more-so encountered in the mod than here now, in the mod, should you remove loot from its natural position, new items will be placed in their spot on restart or if you left the area, this method of cycling loot was an abuse of mechanics and disallowed, however in Standalone with persistence on, loot cycling it pretty much impossible.

Moving loot will result in a random item being spawned within a 1km radius, depending on their loot type.

Persistence is a mechanic that needs some serious work, but with this update you can denote it not to only being due to this mechanic, but a fault with the client itself too, crashes and video errors have become common place all I can say is expect this to be fixed soon enough. :)

Loot will not ever respawn in the manner you may be used to anymore, meaning you'll have to venture out and begin scavenging properly in order to find what you need, the more widely looted areas will become sparse while others that're generally ignored will become plentiful. Server restarts are only now for the server to have a quick reset, they no longer dictate loot respawning as they once did, this will remain that was unless persistence is turned off.

/solving