Server time: 2017-10-18, 04:03
Safe Zone: OPEN

Sign in to follow this  
Yuri Petrovich

advice needed!

So this is my predicament, i am very close to becoming judged in my first whitelist attempt, and im so goddamn nervous and exited that i cant think properly and/or do something, sooo... How did you guys handle the wait for the application? :)

I know this is a silly thing but i look forward to playing here so bad!

Just play DayZ as normal and try your best not to stay on the website constantly refreshing it, try and forget it and check it every hour or two.

Guest Phat J   
Guest Phat J

Just chill m8, try RPing in public servers..that's always funny

Ellis: Yeh i probably should, just died because i tried my hand at RP:ing on a normal server and got shot in the face by two fully military geared guys as a freshspawn as they were screaming; NOOB BITCH NOOOOOB FUCKING ASSWHIPENOOOOOOOB. So i feel kinda not up for the normal servers atm xD

Jrod: Above little story kind of explains my feeling about that xD

Zorac    0

I know the feeling. I was also looking at the whitelist every few minutes when i was close, i got down to #2-3 a few times and got bumped up to 10+. This happened 3 times until i finally donated. However i misunderstood how i was supposed to write down the rules and was rejected. 6hours ago i put in my second application which i feel really confident about. I am currently #2 in the list i what i basically do is play DayZ or study to put my mind on something else.. I can't continue updating the whitelist every 5minutes as this would probably drive me insane. Haha

Good luck on with the application to both you and me!

There are public "RP-Lite" servers out there if you wanna try RP before coming here, but be warned that they pale in comparison to DayZRP (or any other strictly regulated roleplay community, for that matter.)

There are public "RP-Lite" servers out there if you wanna try RP before coming here, but be warned that they pale in comparison to DayZRP (or any other strictly regulated roleplay community, for that matter.)

Yeh i have tried some of those, but im more into the hardcore RP stuff, since i often cant take the roleplaying as far as i want there :/ (i have done some acting and a LOT of LARPING for that matter so im already quite pampered in that area... you know, first world troubles!)

Basoon    15

If you are like me and you were completely fed up with DayZ vanilla, you could always just...

Browse the forums.

Post your character's story in the forums and read other players'

browse the group listings and think about which ones your character may grow to like in game.

Read through any and all role play advice threads you find as they will give you a huge amount of depth in your understanding of how RP works here.

Good luck on your application!

If you are like me and you were completely fed up with DayZ vanilla, you could always just...

Browse the forums.

Post your character's story in the forums and read other players'

browse the group listings and think about which ones your character may grow to like in game.

Read through any and all role play advice threads you find as they will give you a huge amount of depth in your understanding of how RP works here.

Good luck on your application!

Well i naturally started to check the forums out a lot before i decided to try to join up here, still doing it atm, getting so hyped about it! :) Posted my characters backstory, i realy think he will be realy fun to roleplay!

Awesome, I will be sure to go over and give it a read :)

Oh thanks man! If you give it a read, give a comment about what you think man, id realy appreciate it so that i can evolve the story as much as possible before i get into the server! :)

Guest Doug Quade   
Guest Doug Quade

Just be patient, and focus on your character back story, and how you would act it out in game. Think of ways that you would like to see your character develop in game. Think of the path you want them to go on. Or you could do like me, and allow the RP that occurs in game naturally, shape who you become.

Davos    5

I suggest watching all the post-apocalyptic movies you can get your hands on, and if you are of drinking age, have a cold one. Then check once a day in the evening when you have other things to do.

I suggest watching all the post-apocalyptic movies you can get your hands on, and if you are of drinking age, have a cold one. Then check once a day in the evening when you have other things to do.

Thanks man, that realy sounded like a great idea tbh, i think i have a beer still left in the fridge, so might as well just grab that one :)

Davos    5

It's all about patience and distraction. When I joined it wasn't so packed, but people are trying to pour into this place now.

Sit back and relax. If it gets rejected the first time, so what, you got another two chances. I didn't even get accepted till my second time personally. But I kept distracted and did other things in the mean time. Now I barely have time to play, I just kinda hang out on the forums at work.

I applied and got in with an hour :P But yeah, go play another game or watch some youtube videos to get an understanding of the RP that is needed.

Zorac    0

I applied and got in with an hour :P But yeah, go play another game or watch some youtube videos to get an understanding of the RP that is needed.

Well how nice of you to let us know that it only took 1 hour for you. :'(

Davos    5

You joined like a hundred years ago man, you don't know what these greenies go through!

Don't believe the public servers that say 'Role-Play' because it's never roleplay at all, they are all KoS and i have tried roleplaying with people on these servers numerous times and the only outcome is a bullet in my head.

Xiphos    0

Read the forums as much as possible. there's a lot of good information on how to RP, Lore info, how not to get yourself banned, back stories, groups....etc. DayZ Vanilla doesn't compare to what you'll experience here xD

Yeh trying to read some Stephen King books atm to try and focus on something else, look forward to playing with you all!! I must say the community so far looks amazing!

Read the forums as much as possible. there's a lot of good information on how to RP, Lore info, how not to get yourself banned, back stories, groups....etc. DayZ Vanilla doesn't compare to what you'll experience here xD

Yeh ive been spending all the free time i had today after work reading peoples backstories and lore for the different groups (as stated in an earlier post ive been in on LARPing a lot Live Action Roleplay for those who do not know so ive already roleplayed Dayz irl, looking forward too it so much!) so i know how to get in on the lore and have an easier time fitting in with you guys who have been here for a while :)