Server time: 2017-08-16, 15:26

Sign in to follow this  
TheFriendlySheep

Modular plate carrier

So with the new .54 patch, modular ballistic best have been added. Is anybody rolling with these currently? From first hand experience it seems like that they don't offer a whole lot of protection considering I saw a guy drop dead by on .45 round to the chest wearing one. But the modular pouches seem really cool. Haven't been fortunate enough to find any though with the persistence and all now. Anybody have anything to share?

Dishes    159

They don't work, we tested it out. Friend took ONE derringer shot to the chest while wearing the plate carrier and dropped dead... they are useless

Zero    276

They don't work, we tested it out. Friend took ONE derringer shot to the chest while wearing the plate carrier and dropped dead... they are useless

Ha. Yeah, Cass is right. Either the derringer is now a facking hand cannon, or the plate carrier's design causes it to fragment and send shrapnel into the wearers stomach.

Dishes    159

Ha. Yeah, Cass is right. Either the derringer is now a facking hand cannon, or the plate carrier's design causes it to fragment and send shrapnel into the wearers stomach.

Or, ya know, they are just made of paper mache now :3

Either the derringer is now a facking hand cannon

Damage is by bullet not by gun .45 acp is the joint 3rd most damaging round in the game joint with .357 its is literally 1-3 bullet kill.

So yes the derringer is a handcannon considering that per bullet .45 acp does more damage than the ak74, ak101 and m4a1.

[video=youtube]

will just leave this here :P

I feel the need to point out that a plate carrier without a plate loaded into it offers no more protection than a thick shirt or jacket, and they're rarely stored with ceramic/steel plates in them...

Dishes    159

I feel the need to point out that a plate carrier without a plate loaded into it offers no more protection than a thick shirt or jacket, and they're rarely stored with ceramic/steel plates in them...

Oh you can actually find the plate? I thought it was included 0.0 it already weighs around 12kg

Oh you can actually find the plate? I thought it was included 0.0 it already weighs around 12kg

Ah! I wasn't aware they weigh 12kg. That would indeed imply that they have at least one plate in them, then. Either the devs forgot to add armor protection to them, or they plan on making the plate something you can find (or craft) at a later date.

You wouldn't happen to be apart of the Acr of Spades would you? xD Some guy at Green Mountain shot his friend and he dropped dead.

Dishes    159

You wouldn't happen to be apart of the Acr of Spades would you? xD Some guy at Green Mountain shot his friend and he dropped dead.

I might be :T Dunno, bit wasteland out there, all sorts of people~

Xaeleth    0

Yea, damage isn't based on the gun. Currently, the damage is based purely on the caliber of the bullet. Since it uses .45 APC, yes, it is a hand cannon.