Server time: 2017-08-24, 07:02

Sign in to follow this  

WarMachine    11

The minecraft server population has gone down quite a bit recently and looks like it kinda died already. Is the server gonna be kept up or brought down anytime soon?

At least wait for the weekend and see if it rises. Personally ive lost interest a little bit.

Vandy    34

I have noticed this as well, WarMachine.

When something is new, it's all hyped. Look at me. I played on the MC server for a week and a half non-stop.

And I'm already fed up with it... Bored of it... Nothing to do....

Repetitive...

I guess it's the same with the others....

Ironicman    7

I think it has something to do with people building in social isolation of eachother and finnish stuff and like than cant build more cause most people dont care as they are focussing more on their own creation. Slow on people leave and people follow that untill you got no one. You need something that keeps things running or something.

Mush    2

Events....I'll leave that idea nicely here.

This.

When I ran a server back in the day one thing we did to keep the population was events.

These could be implemented.

Zizoor    31

Personally, I love the fucking server. 10/10 entertaining myself by building crap that no one will ever see and getting them sparkly diamonds

simiskovich    0

I loved it until it got repetitive, sort of like vanilla minecraft itself.

I am sure that when the servers gets spiced up with some good mods the popularity will come back.

But what if Minecraft is not kill?

It didn't make sense to me, it wasn't a PvP based server, but it had PvP plugins so you could literally not combat base campers and everyone would just sit in their house.

I hate pure PvP Minecraft servers. There's no point in building because people just demolish your stuff while you're logged off, or spawn-camp you.

DayZRP's Minecraft server is okay, but honestly I actually think that a server with open PvP disabled would be more popular. That would allow the people that want to build to build stuff, cooperate with one another, travel together, etc. while allowing clans that want to go to war with one another to do so.

Roleplay would be a nice touch to get the hype back

Phatal    46

I hate pure PvP Minecraft servers. There's no point in building because people just demolish your stuff while you're logged off, or spawn-camp you.

DayZRP's Minecraft server is okay, but honestly I actually think that a server with open PvP disabled would be more popular. That would allow the people that want to build to build.

I respectfully disagree. I think part of the issue at the moment is that all that can happen is building. Building eventually gets old and dies. You mine, build, mine, and build. I think moving either more towards Pvp (seeing as how the most popular mc servers in the world are either Pvp orientated, or have multiple game modes of parkour or Pvp and competitive game types.) I think it's a safe bet that moving toward more of a siege and Pvp faction server, or adding multigames to it, is the most proficient way to go for popularity.

Novac    1

i like the server quite a lot just waiting for my whitelist to be fixed to get back on it could use more mods or events maybe, maybe open a separate whitelist just for MC to repopulate it? or even open it... opening it completely might be a bit dodgy though haha, can you put passwords on MC servers? this way the community and its non whitelisted friends could play?

Well, wait till this weekend. If population is still low, this will be a sign that we need to inplement mods. Vanilla is all well and good but it gets real repetitive, fast. Tekkit anyone?

Phatal    46

Tekkit anyone?

No. Tekkit for this many people wouldn't work well. Plus I personally wouldn't find myself playing on Tekkit.

Tekkit anyone?

No. Tekkit for this many people wouldn't work well. Plus I personally wouldn't find myself playing on Tekkit.

Fine, if you were to pick a modpack, which one would it be?

Ami.Knight    9

How about putting together a nice big group of people and actually building a city?

Castle. City wall. Shops. Farmland. Ranch. Fully flesh the place out with craftsmen quarter military quarter. Residential quarter. Big mansions and cathedrals and a great big keep.

People get bored because they plan small and finish quickly. We need a grand scale project that would take time and actual gameplay to achieve. I have never finished one of my grand cathedrals because it is too much work to do alone. My mines are always run deep and vast but working them alone takes a great toil on your enthusiasm.

Vandy    34

How about putting together a nice big group of people and actually building a city?

Castle. City wall. Shops. Farmland. Ranch. Fully flesh the place out with craftsmen quarter military quarter. Residential quarter. Big mansions and cathedrals and a great big keep.

People get bored because they plan small and finish quickly. We need a grand scale project that would take time and actual gameplay to achieve. I have never finished one of my grand cathedrals because it is too much work to do alone. My mines are always run deep and vast but working them alone takes a great toil on your enthusiasm.

This! I would love a big vuilding server instead of PVP. But that's just me.

DayZRP's Minecraft server is okay, but honestly I actually think that a server with open PvP disabled would be more popular. That would allow the people that want to build to build.

I respectfully disagree. I think part of the issue at the moment is that all that can happen is building. Building eventually gets old and dies. You mine, build, mine, and build. I think moving either more towards Pvp (seeing as how the most popular mc servers in the world are either Pvp orientated, or have multiple game modes of parkour or Pvp and competitive game types.) I think it's a safe bet that moving toward more of a siege and Pvp faction server, or adding multigames to it, is the most proficient way to go for popularity.

In theory, that's a grand idea. Big kingdoms waging war against one another, big battles, sieges, etc.

In practice, it all turns into one side waiting for the other to log off, then demolishing their base while they're asleep.

I'd like to see some kind of PvP mod that allows for big battles, and for support people like me that can't fight well to still contribute to the efforts.

simiskovich    0

In my opinion we should suggest the mods we would like to see. And if the server is still as inactive as it is now during the weekend, we make a grand poll to decide what we want to play.

Ghost of Levi    8

I played on the server for aproxemitly like a week non stop, than I got really bored of it for two reasons mainly, first of all i didnt think it would be a thing where everyone would just turn into rivals, i expected it too be like a big friggin comunity and we all would build like A city but that gor crushed real quick when i just repeatedly get spawnkilled and the fact that there is literuarly castle wars going on.

the second reason being that i hoped and expected there to be a bit of roleplay at the least, yes it is minecraft and no there isnt any local chat yet, but still its an RP comunity so id expected people to at least try.

Scooter    51

I don't play on the minecraft server anymore as I know for a fact there are people using hacked clients for PVP and gaining edge which gets quite annoying as there is nothing to do about it.

simiskovich    0

I don't play on the minecraft server anymore as I know for a fact there are people using hacked clients for PVP and gaining edge which gets quite annoying as there is nothing to do about it.

Wut?

Never heard of it.

Sign in to follow this