Server time: 2017-10-19, 21:35
Safe Zone: OPEN

Sign in to follow this  
Gingervitus

Whats everyone take on the server being persistence?

Gingervitus    0

Personally, I like on one-hand the challenge as finding stuff can be more difficult. But I did like finding helicrash sites at times and now they seem to be bugged; for instance on S4 a permanent crashsite is just to the west and S2 has one north of green mountain and one west of Pavlovo.

Not a thread to go crazy on, just looking for some input from others.

Oh, and let us not forget about losing all the gun attachments, though yes, it was due to the push of .54. Lol.

Quick edit: I'm also finding myself become very hungry and very thirsty quickly, anyone else?

Jimmy!    0

I thoroughly enjoy the idea of persistence. But like communism its good on paper, but in practice is all types of fucked up.

As for the food issue, it seems I get stuffed while still being thirsty and not energized. It really agitates me because I can never get to "Healing/Healthy"

Mikachu    26

heli crashes being broken is annoying but i like what it brings - a signifcant lack of high end weaponry and equipment.

I find it kinda insane to have such a challenge to find food, weapons, water, supplies or anything in general. Yeah the challenge is appreciated and makes the game a lot harder but it's also kind of a turn off when you know survival doesnt last for more than 2 hours on a new spawn. I kinda hope they have seperate servers in the future, like maybe S1 and S2 could be persistent and S3 and S4 could not, kind of like the hardcore and normal aspect of regular DayZ.

DatGuySyl    0

I like it! less people running around with full equipped weaponary items... More challange and difficult to survive!

Mikachu    26

I find it kinda insane to have such a challenge to find food, weapons, water, supplies or anything in general. Yeah the challenge is appreciated and makes the game a lot harder but it's also kind of a turn off when you know survival doesnt last for more than 2 hours on a new spawn. I kinda hope they have seperate servers in the future, like maybe S1 and S2 could be persistent and S3 and S4 could not, kind of like the hardcore and normal aspect of regular DayZ.

No offense but if you are only lasting 2 hours you are doing it wrong :D

Guest Yuri Ubiytsa   
Guest Yuri Ubiytsa

A moment of silence for everyone with a stripped down M4 with no parts

For they shall never find replacements. And to all my brothers on the coast

Hopefully you can find at least a single can of bootiful beans so you can survive the trek inland and find some actual food.

Guest Phat J   
Guest Phat J

Persistence is too buggy, and is just annoying to deal with

Gingervitus    0

A moment of silence for everyone with a stripped down M4 with no parts

For they shall never find replacements. And to all my brothers on the coast

Hopefully you can find at least a single can of bootiful beans so you can survive the trek inland and find some actual food.

Yes, this happened to me. I appreciate the moment of silence. Devs said they might fix it but.... the damage is done. I'll be taking this Repeater now. Lol.

No offense but if you are only lasting 2 hours you are doing it wrong :D

i probably am just screwing up left and right, in terms of getting food and ammo but i get hit by zombies a lot due to my high ping in most servers. 300 on EU and around 200 for US, so if im unable to enter the healing state it kinds of seals the deal. Which is why i never fight zombies without guns in DayZ RP which i cant do if i cant find any ammo

Gingervitus    0

I thoroughly enjoy the idea of persistence. But like communism its good on paper, but in practice is all types of fucked up.

As for the food issue, it seems I get stuffed while still being thirsty and not energized. It really agitates me because I can never get to "Healing/Healthy"

They did say gaining that regeneration of blood would be harder but... I agree. My character says full.... or over-fed when it clearly also states I'm thirsty or hungry.

Seavsnow    0

heli crashes being broken is annoying but i like what it brings - a signifcant lack of high end weaponry and equipment.

The problem is the respawn loot doesn"t work at all, the prison for exemple is EMPTY, when i say empty, it's completly empty, i found exactly 8 knive, 6 handcuff and three pair of boots, nothing respawning at all

DocTeeth    33

Personally I like the idea of persistence as it will drive people to gather in one place to trade, fresh spawns and survivors alike. Things we take for granite now will become high commodity with persistence and allow those who wish to be merchants to have more customers and those that wish to be bandits to have a greater effect on the flow of goods. Holding up a group and then selling off their goods to a merchant down the line can become another reason for bandits to interact in RP other than robbery. Also, a monopoly can then be created by said merchant; say he/she is the only one that can provide ammo or parts for a gun. A reputation is then created and with such she/he becomes more sought after... in both ways. There for now that merchant needs to hire body guards.

tl;dr: Persistence leads to more RP in many ways.

Mikachu    26

The problem is the respawn loot doesn"t work at all, the prison for exemple is EMPTY, when i say empty, it's completly empty, i found exactly 8 knive, 6 handcuff and three pair of boots, nothing respawning at all

>completely empty

>explains the 17 items you found there

Umm evidently stuff does spawn?

It isn't like before. You can't loot cycle a spawn over restart. It spawns over time

Gina    26

From my understanding they did change the energy and hydration and also stomach volume, so when before you could drink 4 liters of water to get hydrated you now will get stuffed before that. About hunger, you just need to find better food to get energized faster without eating too much :) Rice is best for that but also requires lots of drinking, so be careful. Second best is peaches as they give you hydration also while having high kalories.

Also this :D

ef720924ca.jpg

Persistance is too much. I can barely find food and therefore have to farm but with all the bugs it is difficult to do so now instead of going out to meet people and loot I find myself in the settlement of my group picking apples over, and over, and over , and over again. ANYONE WILLING TO TRADE THINGS FOR APPLES?

Mikachu    26

I will point out as well - whilst the exact specifics of persistence as it is will change and get better, the core idea and concept is here to stay - whether you like it or not.

That may seem rude but it is a core mechani of the game and sooner rather than later it will no longer be optional. Take advantage of this early access to it to learn how to survive efficiently so that when it is no longer a choice you have a better understanding. Ask questions (nicely, please), watch videos and experiment ingame.

Once you get used to how it is different to the mod and dayz without it on it is not that hard to survive

SimonCat    0

I have a question... So in new persitence system you can pitch tents and it wont dissapear after restart?

Mikachu    26

I have a question... So in new persitence system you can pitch tents and it wont dissapear after restart?

Correct. Also applies to weapons, bags, traps, fireplaces (built up ones, not just kits) and more

I love it, my survival becomes so hard I tend to take food over ammo, tho I will have to get someone to teach my character to hunt and cook or grow food, he is a city boy.

Zero    459

Can someone just clarify if persistence is still enabled? I thought I read Tasmaster saying that they turned off persistence again, but I thought they weren't allowing people to turn it on or off?

Sometimes I wonder if the DayZ dev team is just a bunch of space monkeys locked in a room, viciously beating on their keyboards in whatever scripting program they use and the higher ups are just hoping it works.