Server time: 2017-10-22, 08:23
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Servebotfrank

Making up Rumors to Justify Robbery

Question

A few weeks ago I had an RP experience that I didn't report (Though I really wanted to) due to both lack of any video evidence and that I wasn't sure if rules were broken.

So in this scenario I was robbed, when I gave my name they suddenly started telling me that there was a rumor going about that I was a cannibal and I prey upon the weak. However this character I was using had just arrived in Chernarus a day prior and there was no way that could possibly happen nor that they would know about it if it was true.

Then they dressed me up like the Blackwood Militia and started beating the shit out of me in a cell stating that I was a member of the Blackwood Militia. Several of them actually tried to power game scarring me before I warned them OOC that I did not consent to that and to be careful with their words.

They then released a fellow prisoner and told him that if he wasn't back in an hour I was dead, despite prisoner and I not knowing each other at all. They ended up releasing me regardless.

So my question is, was the initiation for robbing me okay at all and were they allowed to just beat the shit out of me just cause? Cause my gut says no they can't.

8 answers to this question

Snoop    0

Seems like a cheap excuse to just rob you to be honest. Were you making the 'cannibal' cry in-game by any chance?

With the beating, I understand it being okay if they hit you a few times, but if they just did it continuously and that's all they did in terms of RP, I don't see it being okay.

Mamba    0

You should have reported it. Gotten different point of views. People could have been punished or at least learned something from the incident. Lots of problems with meta-gaming. Even more problems with the constant /ooc talk.

When people do not understand the rules and it goes unreported they continue doing the same things because they feel that it is ok or they feel they can get away with it.

In the future please, file a report.

I was very tempted to file a report and I regret not doing it for some reason.

Nope, no cannibal cry. They said it just to beat the shit out of me. They also stabbed me with a knife several times so I would bleed.

Mikachu    26

Seems like no reason for robbery to me

Making stuff up completely randomly and especially making you into another clan?

No. Thats just making excuses to hurt someone

Franklin    8

This is no way a legit reason to initiate. Dressing you up as a Blackwood member then beating you up because you are supposedly a Blackwood member, doesn't make any sense. Scarring you without consent is a violation of the rules as well. Regarding them making the rumour that you are a cannibal. That is just another excuse to hurt and kill someone.

I suggest you do make a report if you have any evidence to support it.

Baron    2

In this case, this was a reportable offence.

4e48aab00be3eaa1cc5fe0b6751b5080.png

8f638c6695f37dd6b85d821d57e48ddb.png

4a2dc47358419e5fe27a228ccae88c42.png

From your explanation, despite explaining yourself, your captors made no attempts to listen or understand your story, not only was this a form of power-gaming, but it's also bad RP, using a story of which they have no evidence of, they use this excuse to kill you while clearly, there was no story in the first place.

Now, considering your name, it may or may not be similar to another players who happened to carry out those crimes, even so they seemed to never give you a chance to say otherwise, dressing you up as Blackwood and then claiming you're one of them? Again, those rules are broken.

They seemed however to listen to your warning in the end, concerning the permanent scarring, etc.

To summarize, what your guy told you was right, the initiation may have been valid, but the bad RP and clear power-gaming afterwards was inexcusable and something we employ a zero tolerance here for. In the future I recommend screenshoting/recording such events to add the evidence to a report, call these people forth next time and make them understand that what they're doing is clearly a violation of the rules within this community.

With that, has your question been answered Serve?

Yes it has been answered, thank you. I recently upgraded computers and got my hands on dxtory so actually having the ability to record will help tons.

Franklin    8

Glad we could clarify this situation for you and also its great you got recording software.

/marking as solved