Server time: 2017-08-24, 07:04

Sign in to follow this  
PatheticFallacy

Better Profile Pics

Hey guys, I've seen some great profile picks on the forums, but there is nothing, besides CoD kiddies, that I hate more than a square plain profile pick with a wrong background color.

lets take this pick here for example:

53a52ecb8c.jpg

Now it looks good but stands out as a square under your name because of all the white. Lets try and make it feel more unique. I'll use this website to edit it (http://apps.pixlr.com/editor/) but you can use any program that allows for transparency.

Make a new image with the same dimensions as the last one and make sure its transparent.

f03344c539.png

Then copy it over and remove the background color with a wand tool.

20d06265cf.png

Now since black doesn't show up on dark grey very well lets change it to something lighter.

967c83e2e0.png

then save it as a .PNG

So now your pic looks different than the rest of the square one and even looks made for the site! If you don't like having your character out of his background try cutting it into a circle, diamond or even just round the edges!

Here are a few cool one I've seen around:

f64cb18b48.png

bdd2c3c9d3.png

2726c1b019.png

6996d5dd7b.png

1882337b03.png

Guest Vittoria   
Guest Vittoria

But... but some people like the boxes. ;_;

Anyways, nice guide for people who dont get rendering. Thing is, when it comes to it, its usually a lot harder then just removing some white with wand tool, and copy pasting.

I like mine and the weird blue-ish backgrounds it makes it look much better than a transparent picture!

Murdercool    32

It's the people's choice I guess. Only Rolle can bring down a dictatorship and make everyone discard the boxes.

Im looking out a window from a dark room :)

Yours looks amazing ;)

Buddy    861

i think my avatar came out very well :)

Krullin    0

Circles are the way to go baby

Tamaster92    14

the only true good avatar is a mighty red panda

I just want as much blue as possible since I'm too cheap to go fully blue.

I think having the background works in favour of my profile picture actually it would look kinda silly without it in this case.

Guest TheShrimpPimp   
Guest TheShrimpPimp

i like mine even though its square.

The staff profile pictures are really good, do they get a bigger picture?

The staff profile pictures are really good, do they get a bigger picture?

http://www.dayzrp.com/t-staff-and-donation-ranks

Contributor

Donation level: €100

Access to exclusive skins in donation exchange

Bigger avatar (150x200px)

Can change username once every 3 months

Increased PM quota (unlimited messages)

+ Everything listed below

OT: I don't like having borders.

Red    149

I thought my border around my avatar meant that I have super elite photoshop skills. :troll:

nice and short little tutorial though. Someone might be able to use this. :)

weedy wine    4

I'm bad when it comes to photo editing software, considered PMing you Pathetic Fallacy when I failed repeatedly :P buttttt I finally cheated and found a website to basically do it for me if anyone else needs help. http://fotoflexer.com/

If anyone couldn't get Pathetic Fallacy's method to work for them, I'd try the above site:

upload your photo, go to the "geek" tab, then "smart cut out" and it tells you what to do from there.

I think there are other sites that do it too. If anyone wants a image with a simple background made gone, could PM me and I'd try and help. Although there are probably a lot more pro people in this commmunity than me :P

Yeah the water makes it look good but doesn't this stand out more:

1882337b03.png

I'm bad when it comes to photo editing software, considered PMing you Pathetic Fallacy when I failed repeatedly :P buttttt I finally cheated and found a website to basically do it for me if anyone else needs help. http://fotoflexer.com/

If anyone couldn't get Pathetic Fallacy's method to work for them, I'd try the above site:

upload your photo, go to the "geek" tab, then "smart cut out" and it tells you what to do from there.

I think there are other sites that do it too. If anyone wants a image with a simple background made gone, could PM me and I'd try and help. Although there are probably a lot more pro people in this commmunity than me :P

That looks great!

My duck needs his background man!

Indeed the white is nice but, what do you think of this:

6996d5dd7b.png

weedy wine    4

thanks PatheticFallacy :D I wouldn't have tried it if I hadn't seen this post. My new ava isn't as smooth as yours, but think it is better than my buggie on the white background. asante sana.

Yeah the water makes it look good but doesn't this stand out more:

1882337b03.png

That looks great!

My duck needs his background man!

Indeed the white is nice but, what do you think of this:

6996d5dd7b.png

Oh man that actually looks pretty darn good instead of the square... Would you be okay if i stole that? :D I'm not realy that good at photoshop and a streamviewer of mine made that picture for me, so the more i can use it the better!

Sign in to follow this