Server time: 2017-10-23, 06:17
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
iGROOCK

Holy moly crash galore (persistence crashes)

iGROOCK    1

Guys, I have crashed at least 17 times today playing DayZ on pretty much all servers today from 1PM to 11PM Eastern. I am positive its the persistence that was turned on. Its horribly broken still. The whole client crashes randomly, no matter what area you are in.

We were just about to engage a hostage situation of a buddy of ours, and guess what, client crashes right before.

My buddies were crashing almost as much randomly as well.

Can we turn off persistence please.

Cjbustuup    1

havent been ingame to see this yet but sounds frustrating. If this is a continued problem the admins will probs disable it.

Sasha    0

I've crashed once. That's it. Doubt it's persistence that's the issue. More likely any of the numerous other issues in the new patch. ;)

iGROOCK    1

Previous persistence patch had a ton of crashes, which is why it was turned off, but mostly server side. This time the client constantly crashes. It affects certain people more than others. Pretty much 80% of out 11 man group was crashing. Never ever had this issue before.

Yeah, I've only crashed once, and I doubt it was persistence, since persistence doesn't really affect anything client-side.

Guys, I have crashed at least 17 times today playing DayZ on pretty much all servers today from 1PM to 11PM Eastern. I am positive its the persistence that was turned on. Its horribly broken still. The whole client crashes randomly, no matter what area you are in.

We were just about to engage a hostage situation of a buddy of ours, and guess what, client crashes right before.

Why are you assuming it was persistence? 0.54 made a bunch of client-side changes, and persistence doesn't cause the client software to crash.

FireMatt    1

Do you happen to have additional launch parameters enabled on SA? I know that those have caused a few issues with this patch (such as terrible FPS for example) Perhaps those are causing crashes?

iGROOCK    1

Yeah, I've only crashed once, and I doubt it was persistence, since persistence doesn't really affect anything client-side.

Why are you assuming it was persistence? 0.54 made a bunch of client-side changes, and persistence doesn't cause the client software to crash.

No client side changes were pushed if you are referring to UI changes and such. The only thing that changed were a few gestures, and UI changes were taken out before the published the patch.

I assume it was persistence because I played on a regular server for over an hour without a single crash. On RP Id crash at least once at hour.

Last time we had these issues the servers themselves had to be restarted because of persistence issues, which is why that big thread about persistence was started in the first place.

Do you happen to have additional launch parameters enabled on SA? I know that those have caused a few issues with this patch (such as terrible FPS for example) Perhaps those are causing crashes?

I do not, other than traveling in a big group of people. I have not changed my settings for about 4 patches, so its not hardware wise. My system is pretty hefty, I run a 4790k at 4.8GHz along with GTX 970 SLI, I never have issues with low FPS unless its those huge towns that everyone has issues in.

Crashes are random, no specific place to point out really. I know its not me because my group members were also randomly crashing just like I was.

Just read the patch notes, it seems its a known issue

http://dayzintel.com/dayz-patch-notes/dayz-patch-notes-0-54-changelog

Not sure really if its tied to persistence or in general now. Bummer.

Cjbustuup    1

Sounds as if its the launch parameters problem. Are you sure you have no launch parameters in steam?

iGROOCK    1

Sounds as if its the launch parameters problem. Are you sure you have no launch parameters in steam?

Nope, I never changed anything of that sort. It seems to be in the patch notes, random crashes are in there which they are aware of. I am going to uninstall the game and reinstall to see if that helps.

Roach    1659

I removed all my launch parameters as well, no edits at all either to settings.

Crashed 4 times within 2 and a half hours.

Annoying during RP but it's alpher hehe. Could it be persistence or is it the update in general?

Maybe, maybe not.

iGROOCK    1

I removed all my launch parameters as well, no edits at all either to settings.

Crashed 4 times within 2 and a half hours.

Annoying during RP but it's alpher hehe. Could it be persistence or is it the update in general?

Maybe, maybe not.

Thats the thing, they dont say what causes it. If you look dayz standalone 0.54 patch notes they state they are aware of client crashes and desync issues, but dont specifically state whats causing it.

The reason I mentioned persistence is because 1. it is turned on, and 2. the developers made lots of changes to persistence in this patch.

I didnt crash once on a regular server, but that could have many variables to it (size of the group you are in, how long you played and server parameters in general)

PwnCaiks101    0

I kinda noted a few more crashes then normal. It was hardly ever other hour the server had a hiccup, but now its been happening pretty much every hour and for no reason really.

Adlern    2

I didnt change any of my settings yesterday, and played for a good 3-4 hours without a single crash :/

Fafnir    38

Was told the crashes were because the game is trying read a file that has been moved or not there. ::shrugs:: Don't really know but I have crashed two times today.

I haven't crashed yet and I have been playing since persistence got turned on, do you get an error message when DayZ crashes or does it just freeze your computer then shut down?

Se7en    0

I haven't crashed yet and I have been playing since persistence got turned on, do you get an error message when DayZ crashes or does it just freeze your computer then shut down?

Just shuts DayZ down and comes up with some memory error.

Buddy    1068

Just shuts DayZ down and comes up with some memory error.

yes.... i crashed 3x this evening as well and got a memory error on my desktop, but i do not believe persistence is to blame :3

Try this, go to DayZ on steam and go to game library, right click on DayZ and go to properties then go to launch options and in the box write -maxMem=[your pc's GB ram x 1024] so mine would be -maxMem=8192 if I had 8GB ram

I have had same issue but been very random ,seem not as bad as some of you folk.

I thought was my end tbh lol but heyho

il try that in properties see if that help I got 11GB in my rig

Mikachu    26

client crashes are not related to persistence whatsoever

current patch has a memory issue which crashes it after a certain amount of time due to running out of RAM

Try this, go to DayZ on steam and go to game library, right click on DayZ and go to properties then go to launch options and in the box write -maxMem=[your pc's GB ram x 1024] so mine would be -maxMem=8192 if I had 8GB ram

and do not do this

ALL startup parameters no longer function and break the game

Played for two hours straight and didn't crash once. Also do you got any real proof persistence is causing this? Could be a million different things the devs fuck shit up all the time.

Roman    0

and do not do this

ALL startup parameters no longer function and break the game

Even the -nosplash things?