Server time: 2017-11-19, 04:48

Sign in to follow this  
Wild D0g

World war Z

I know many of you have probably watched the movie, but have any of you read the book? Its by Matt Brooks and its awesome.

I've read the zombie survival guide. Quite good. Mind you, it deals with the virus Solanum, which actually DOES create Romero-style zombies (shamblers, reanimated after they 'die', slow and stupid, only killed by brain trauma, etc).

Also, it's Max Brooks, not Matt :P

Cjbustuup: Definatly worth a read

Lucia: The zombie survival guide is based round world war z and I know its Max my tablet auto spell went rogue on me lol.

I have World war Z the book. I like the book more because it is a collection of stories in an interview form. Better then the movie

Guest neom

The film is shockingly bad!! But e book is much better, the same for I am legend, the film is the worst thing I have seen, so much to the point if I can't sleep sometimes I put that on and I will fall asleep, but the book.... The best thing I have ever read

It's not like the book and movie are related in anything but title.

World War Z is good, but I've lost my copy somehow. Zombie Survival Guide is a great book by him, as well.

That is the best book I own at present, I love the damn thing! The movie made me cry... It was so bad compared to the book... Why? Why take gold and turn it into shit... ::Sobs quietly in a corner::

I've read it and I quite liked it. It has a different way of narration that you usually dont see in the zombie apocalypse, and it takes the time to explain the perspectives of the whole world rather then say some suburbs in the United States.

I've gotten inspiration from a few things in it when I made/make the DayZRP lore.

Guest Phalix

The book is great; but sadly the movie is just Brad Pitt going HAM in an apocalypse :L

I gotta say i kinda noticed Tomeran lol. But the Lore here isn't just a book for people to read its a unifying factor for a whole community and i gotta say you've done a sterling job!

I'm reading it at the moment and it's amazing!

pdpZUhZ.jpg

Always keep it handy whilst playing, I like your style. We all have a lot to learn from Brad Pitt.

Personally while I'm playing I keep Max Brooks zombie survival guide near me.

I agree I don't think the movie was all that good, however it does have some good moments.

I haven't read World War Z but I have read The Zombie Survival Guide also by Max Brooks, what do you all think of that one? I love it personally, it's funny and entertaining even my mother read the section applicable to protecting her home from zombies :D

Books always have and always will be better than any film

some of my fave books KpaX, Shawshank, Time to kill, stranger in a strange land,

Art of war if you can call it a book lol an a lot o Warhammer

Nothing wrong with warhammer my freind. I'm fond of Dan Abnett myself.