Server time: 2017-10-17, 15:21
Safe Zone: OPENING SOON

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dalton

Thoughts in Threes

Guest Dalton   
Guest Dalton

*Thinks to himself* "I wish I didn't have to do this. It's been over two years since I've had to write my thoughts down. I feel as if I'm living in a black hole sometimes. Everything keeps happening around me but I'm not there. I supposed I should start from the beginning in case anyone ever finds this journal and reads it."

*Takes the cap off the pen, flips to the first page of the journal and begins to write*

Journal Entry 1(Dalton)

My name is Dalton and I suffer from dissociative identity disorder. What that means is I have multiple people living in my body. Well the doctors say it's personalities but Ryan and JR actually believe they have lived the lives they tell people. Though I'm not sure how they can logically explain that. Perhaps they think I'm an alter of them.

The disorder started when I was young. The doctors say it was from a traumatic event but I can't recall what that may have been. I was orphaned as an infant and was briefly in foster care. I started blacking out around my foster parents when I was four. The doctors think they were the ones that abused me and caused my disorder. There was never any proof of it though. Needless to say they abandoned me. Apparently I was too much for them to deal with.

I was admitted into Edmont Psychiatric Hospital three days after my fifth birthday. Edmont was my home until I was fifteen. The staff and patients we're like family to me. Hell, Doctor Larsen practically raised me. It was only six months after my last episode that I was released from Edmont. To top that off I didn't go into foster care, I was being adopted by James and Claire Taylor. As much as I loved my family back at Edmont, I yearned to have parents. I really didn't expect to ever have that given the circumstances. Who would want a broken child? Apparently they did and they loved me for exactly who I was.

At this point in my life I started feeling normal or at least what "normal" looked like. My mother finished schooling me at home instead of making me go to public school. Besides being schooled at home, I had a pretty simple teenage life for around three years. I had hobbies and played sports. I made new friends, even had a girlfriend. The best part was no one knew about my alters. I was myself.

I didn't have an episode for almost three years until I stopped taking my medication. When I turned eighteen I made the decision to get off my medication. I figured whatever was wrong with me was over. I was wrong. It happened in a mall around all my friends. I blacked out and Ryan came out. When it happened everyone thought I was joking and just acting. It wasn't until the next day when I woke up and couldn't recall the rest of that day. I immediately called my friend Jordan to ask him what happened. He was confused as to why I didn't remember but eventually told me I pretended to be an Australian named Ryan for most of the day. This is when I knew I would never have a normal life.

I admitted myself back into Edmont and stayed for three months. Two of those months, Ryan and JR came out a lot. Getting back on my medication and having daily sessions with Doctor Larsen helped me get control again. While my stay was short it was comforting being back at Edmont and getting to see everyone again. I truly did miss a lot of the staff and patients there. I left Edmont knowing that my life would never be normal. That Ryan and JR would always be a part of me.

*Yawns and thinks to himself* "I'll have to write more tomorrow night. I need to get up early tomorrow to look for supplies. I hope these boards on the windows and door hold up in case any infected come in the night..."

P.S Ryan and JR if you come out, can you please write in the journal as well? Thanks.

*Turns the gas lamp off and lays down for the night.*

Crocc    0

Good shit bro! Dalton is a schmuck, I haven't seen much of JR, but Ryan is a fucking master. We need to find a way to put a dress on a pig...

Can't wait till Ryan writes in the journal haha

Guest Dalton   
Guest Dalton

Good shit bro! Dalton is a schmuck, I haven't seen much of JR, but Ryan is a fucking master. We need to find a way to put a dress on a pig...

Can't wait till Ryan writes in the journal haha

Thanks bro, we'll have to see if he actually writes in the journal. ;)

Great read brother

Thanks bro!

Still waiting on J.R to come out haha

Wait you haven't met JR yet? Hmm... Soon

Sign in to follow this