Server time: 2017-10-22, 21:11
Safe Zone: OPENING SOON

Sign in to follow this  
Nova_Ethridge

Anyone else feel like containers should be compartmentalized?

Look at the tactical vests. All of their storage is melded into one solid pocket.

A high-cap vest may have lots of storage, but it's broken up into several pockets. You couldn't really store an SMG or sawn-off shotgun in it.

Anyone else feel like they should have separate pockets in the interest of realism?

Krullin    0

In the interest of realism? Yes, most definitely. Gameplay wise? I think allot of people wouldn't like it.

Personally I'm for it since I think the more realistic the better, but not many think like that.

I also think it's very strange that you can store a sub-machine gun in three different pockets, but that's just me.

For DayZ? No.

For DayzRP? Hell yeah.

Maybe when we're able to mod the game we can change that?

In the interest of realism? Yes, most definitely. Gameplay wise? I think allot of people wouldn't like it.

Personally I'm for it since I think the more realistic the better, but not many think like that.

I also think it's very strange that you can store a sub-machine gun in three different pockets, but that's just me.

They could probably increase the total capacity to offset things. It's kind of silly that you can't carry a shotgun in a hiking backpack. You could in real life, though the barrel would stick out the top a little bit.

But yeah, like...cargo pants should have more pockets, but have them chopped up into like four 1x2 slots.

Nicholas    0

I'm pretty sure the dev's already said they are going to make it more realistic when it came to clothing storage.

something similiar to this[video=youtube]

I'm pretty sure the dev's already said they are going to make it more realistic when it came to clothing storage.

something similiar to this

Ah, excellent! Also, on a related note, as someone planning to purchase a Ruger 10/22 takedown in the near future, I do look forward to finding one of the new breakdown rifles.

Has anyone found one yet? How much space does it take up when it's broken down?

Scooter    51

I was thinking something like this the other day. One of the other things I think should be implemented with inventory, is the ability to rotate objects to make the fit like in your backpack without having to move everything around.

Mikachu    26

If the new UI scripting is any indication we may be able to do all that and more.

The new UI is made in such a way that we could literally create a whole new loading and main menu if we wanted and had the power to.

Krullin    0

I was thinking something like this the other day. One of the other things I think should be implemented with inventory, is the ability to rotate objects to make the fit like in your backpack without having to move everything around.

If the devs don't add that in we'll just mod it when we can :D

Edit: Tamaster 2fast5me

Hex    31

something similiar to this

Ah, excellent! Also, on a related note, as someone planning to purchase a Ruger 10/22 takedown in the near future, I do look forward to finding one of the new breakdown rifles.

I've seen them in pictures and video's, they take a 2X3 or 2X4 slot

Mikachu    26

As a crude and dumb example of how powerful and open the new stuff is -

If we had modding power we could make all the logos be dayzrp logos, the server browser only show our severs, remove certain graphics options, make the main menu show only your RP character and much more

If we had modding power we could make all the logos be dayzrp logos, the server browser only show our severs, remove certain graphics options, make the main menu show only your RP character and much more

Ohhhhhh shit, IN GAME MESSAGE BOARDS!

Hex    31

Can we make a board in game that directly links us to the report section of the DayZRP forums? that way we can just never log out while dealing with reports?

Ami.Knight    9

I would just be happy with being able to rotate items in inventory. Yeah, you cant shove the shotgun in sideways the way the template tries. But plenty of room vertical if you could rotate the dammed thing.

DanielsTV    6

OMFG.... this is great

Agree with the first comment, for realism definitely but for gameplay I definitely wouldn't like it!

Found the trumpet a couple of times in-game, never kept it but I had a play around with it and I must say it is a very nice gun. Also, if you wanna know about the slots that it takes look here.

Jackson L    0

I've been wanting to see compartmentalized items for a while. I think items like a police officer's belt would be cool where it contains a holster for a pistol, a slot for handcuffs, slots for pistol mags and perhaps a slot for a baton.

RubyRed    0

I think it would be nice for realistic RP. Although I have my AK in my backpack already.

Mikachu    26

Can we make a board in game that directly links us to the report section of the DayZRP forums? that way we can just never log out while dealing with reports?

Theoretically yes.

Dunno if we'd do that though

I was referring to having actual boards in-game where characters can post messages, not a link to an actual real life message board :P

Mikachu    26

I was referring to having actual boards in-game where characters can post messages, not a link to an actual real life message board :P

I've been thinking recently about if they had it so you can combine duct tape + note hen use the upcoming placement mechanic to place it on a wall.

Would be like finding notes on the ground now but they would be stuck on walls instead.

Would be awesome for like wanted posters or warnings or stuff

Well, I know it's possible to have containers that only allow certain items to be placed in them.

Maybe after we get mod tools, you'll be able to create a container shaped like a bulletin board that will only allow notes to be placed inside of it. That would be akin to having a board with limited space where people posted notes on it with tacks.

Unknown Entity    126

They need to review the whole inventory system Imo.

I mean, I can put a box of cereal in my pants pockets ?

They need to review the whole inventory system Imo.

I mean, I can put a box of cereal in my pants pockets ?

Well, let's not forget that in game, a pistol and a box of cereal take up the same space, when in reality, you can fit several pistols into a cereal box, depending on size.

I would estimate that you could fit at least four or five 1911s into an average cereal box.

Look at the derringer. Those are tiny, they should easily only take up one inventory slot, but they take up two for balance purposes, I guess?