Server time: 2017-08-19, 07:38

Sign in to follow this  
DoctorWarbandHD

Chris Daniels PhD - An AAR by DoctorWarbandHD

Chris Daniels PhD - The AAR

Prologue

Christopher Daniels was born to a family of carpenters and shoe makers, his whole life he was believed to be a teen with no future. But his parents knew he was smart, though they didn't know how much. When he turned 14 he was able to fix his father's car without reading the owners' manual. Another time, he dislocated his shoulder and put it back in place with no help from any medical assistance, like a medic. When he turned 18, he went to work as a janitor at Harvard University. One day, he saw a mathematical equation on the wall intended for the class of Mathematics 101. It was said the equation was so hard, most of the students in the class couldn't solve it, not even one. But when he saw it, ten minutes later it was already resolved. When the teacher asked who did that, he raised a hand between the crowd of people that stood in front of the equation. From that day forward, he was marked by the university and started to study for his degree and Physics. Only 10 years later, he was already finished with a PhD in Physics and a masters in medicine. When he was asked to go and work on a secret project of the government with the Chernarussian Militias, he didn't not know what would his job be. He built and designed machines for the Militias, to help them develop the country.

While doing his calculations in the lab, he worked on a side project of his own. He thought, "I might be able to find a cure to cancer! I am smart enough, all I need is a bit of materials." So he went to the room where they kept all the chemical equipment. He started looking through, thinking "where're these mushrooms?!". He was certain that a kind of mushroom mixed with a bunch of alkaline metals and chemicals will be the solution for the problem of cancer. Well, at least a better solution than Chemotherapy. He kept a living cell of cancer in a small jar on his table, to look at it every day, draw the shape of the cell and measure the amounts of chemicals and alkaline metals per cell. One day, he was working on his side project when there was an Uranium leak from the fusion reactor, that created unusual radioactive beams due to getting in touch with the cheap metals and materials that were in the inside of the nuclear power plant. And one of the beams, he believed, hit the cancer cell.

After the crisis was done, Chris noticed an unusual and perpetual movement inside the cell. He saw the shape was changing, trying to eat the container that held it, cell by cell. So he quickly threw it into the trash and dumped the sample into the main cremation chamber, there people sorted out the garbage. He never heard of it again. And after a while, a horrible disease spread over, and wiped large percents of the population. Here's Chris' story, how he developed himself and how he tried to fight in his own way.

Episode 1 - "Getting Used"

W.I.P

Rifleman    14

Uhm, just saying dude but you're Powergaming quite heavily in regards to your character - claiming of being the man who started it all - nobody knows where the infection came from, nobody knows if it was artificial or natural, and sure as hell it didn't start in a hospital in Chernarus, and there are also some severe lore conflictions that I can see.

For one, Chernarus didn't have any nuclear reactors, and there would never really be a need for them given that the country is around the size of Luxembourg. Second - Fusion Reactors - they don't even exist in real life, I think you were meaning to say Fission Reactors - but there is a huge difference between the two.

Third - Nuclear Weapons? Seriously? Chernarus would not have had access to nuclear weapons apart from old ones left over from the Cold War, they would be a very limited stock too due to the size of the country.

Fourth - Communists? Chernarus became independent of the Soviet Union in the late 80's or early 90's as the Soviet Union collapsed. The only Communist threat was from the Chedaki in 2009, which Russia did support for a time but other than that there wouldn't been anywhere near enough pressure for Chernarus to begin building new nuclear weapons, and for what purpose?

These points said, it looks like you've really put some effort into this character, however I advise you fix these issues stated in regards to your character. I'd also recommend you also split your story into a few paragraphs to stop it looking like a wall of text. Hope this helps!

Uhm, just saying dude but you're Powergaming quite heavily in regards to your character - claiming of being the man who started it all - nobody knows where the infection came from, nobody knows if it was artificial or natural, and sure as hell it didn't start in a hospital in Chernarus, and there are also some severe lore conflictions that I can see.

For one, Chernarus didn't have any nuclear reactors, and there would never really be a need for them given that the country is around the size of Luxembourg. Second - Fusion Reactors - they don't even exist in real life, I think you were meaning to say Fission Reactors - but there is a huge difference between the two.

Third - Nuclear Weapons? Seriously? Chernarus would not have had access to nuclear weapons apart from old ones left over from the Cold War, they would be a very limited stock too due to the size of the country.

Fourth - Communists? Chernarus became independent of the Soviet Union in the late 80's or early 90's as the Soviet Union collapsed. The only Communist threat was from the Chedaki in 2009, which Russia did support for a time but other than that there wouldn't been anywhere near enough pressure for Chernarus to begin building new nuclear weapons, and for what purpose?

These points said, it looks like you've really put some effort into this character, however I advise you fix these issues stated in regards to your character. I'd also recommend you also split your story into a few paragraphs to stop it looking like a wall of text. Hope this helps!

It does, cheers mate! I'll look over it again tomorrow. I need to hit the sack already. ;)

I tried to sound smart with some things - didn't work haha!

Update - fixed it a bit, now off I go!