Server time: 2017-08-16, 19:43

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Flluroz

Any Remorse?

Guest Flluroz   
Guest Flluroz

I see a lot of the times, people just killing eachother, and laughing while doing so, or doing it with little to no remorse. I know you might say; " I've killed plenty of people! It's so easy now, almost like a hobby! " I don't think that's how it actually goes... If they're bad, bandits, cannibals, etc. Sure, fine. But you'll still feel deep down that you just ended someones life. You just caused pain for brothers, mothers, fathers, and so on.

It really really bugs me, and I just wanted to know if other people see this too, and if they think it's something that needs to be changed by you the player, or if it's just what the apocalypse has come too.

Guest Vittoria   
Guest Vittoria

Yeah I see it all the time.

Its not the way people roleplay, its just that no-one wants to roleplay it out.

Guest Flluroz   
Guest Flluroz

Yeah I see it all the time.

Its not the way people roleplay, its just that no-one wants to roleplay it out.

I think the best part of killing someone through Roleplay is the aftermath... Roleplaying it out can just lead to something even more interesting.

Sad to say, but you're 100% right. :/

I had my first dayz rp kill a few dayz ago and I really tried to show that I am not an experienced survivor, stuttered alot, sobbed a little. part of it was acting but a little was the adrenaline from Dayz firefights

Riorach    0

I see this a lot in RP in general, even when guns aren't involved. A lot of people shy away from the accountability that taking a human life brings.

Rio, who I will be playing here, has only ever killed one Zed, and even then it took a toll on her. If she had to actually kill a living human being to protect herself or her brother it would probably crush her for a bit.

Guest Flluroz   
Guest Flluroz

Even as an experienced survivor, you'll feel remorse. Good job roleplaying it out though! :D

Guest Flluroz   
Guest Flluroz

Unless you are a total sociopath, In witch I am so I'm good :)

True... :P

I see this a lot in RP in general, even when guns aren't involved. A lot of people shy away from the accountability that taking a human life brings.

Rio, who I will be playing here, has only ever killed one Zed, and even then it took a toll on her. If she had to actually kill a living human being to protect herself or her brother it would probably crush her for a bit.

Yea I always make my character think twice when killings Zeds because he still sees them as people

Davos    5

I can say that I have never killed a living person. With the zed's I don't think it clicks with Yuri after he has killed so many just to survive. Normally he tries to avoid them, but when its them or him, well, they ate all his friends, so he chooses himself.

Vesper    0

My character has never killed anyone or even harmed another survivor physically. Even with the biters, she feels bad after killing them even though she knows its what she needs to do. Hey, they were people too!

Guest Flluroz   
Guest Flluroz

My character has never killed anyone or even harmed another survivor physically. Even with the biters, she feels bad after killing them even though she knows its what she needs to do. Hey, they were people too!

They were, and I love seeing people go to that level of RP in-game... It's a really cool RP experience.

I killed someone completely by accident. I was checking out Zeleno barracks and ran into someone. At the same time there were Zombies everywhere so I told him to watch out and he didn't say much and disappeared. As I was making a break for the second barracks, just as I was going in the door he came running out right in my face. I already had my gun out because of all the zombies and I just reaction fired becasue I thought it was a zombie.

Now my character is a doctor, he has no problem killing Zombies. But he took an oath to do no harm. This accident has caused some severe issues for him. So yeah tons of remorse there.

Metulz    11

You have completely opened my eyes to something I never thought about. Good show.

FireMatt    1

Meh. Haven't killed anyone for about a year and a half, probably won't kill anyone in the future.

Nothin' to worry about here.

Guest Flluroz   
Guest Flluroz

I saw a guy some days ago, he was talking with my current group, and them e said:

"Meh, I killed a guy yesterday. He didn't complain when i yelled at him"

Thats a cold blooded person.

Or someone who has 10/10 RP skills.

Basoon    15

You could also push the idea of justification. My character is a vigilante type and a Hell fire and Brimstone preacher so he would simply justify the killing of bandits as doing the Lords work and protecting the innocent.

The response doesn't have to be remorse, but there does have to be a response.

So far, Lucia's only shot one person, and they didn't die from it. She fired because the person had just shot a friend of hers a second earlier, and her reaction was to try and stop him from getting away.

Even though he lived, she was still shaken up about having to shoot at another human being.

Guest Flluroz   
Guest Flluroz

You could also push the idea of justification. My character is a vigilante type and a Hell fire and Brimstone preacher so he would simply justify the killing of bandits as doing the Lords work and protecting the innocent.

The response doesn't have to be remorse, but there does have to be a response.

That's a good way of looking at it. Kind of like the justification of killing the dead. They're attempting to do harm to you and your own. It would still take time to cope with the feeling, for me atleast.