Adding a Character Bio section

Adding a Character Bio section   

53 members have voted

1. 1. Adding a Character Bio section

• Yes ! love it
    • No keep the subsection
    • I really don't care

Adding a character Bio section

First off let me just say I know there is a forum sub section dedicated to character bio's but my suggestion is simple to move this onto the actual players forum profile.

I am not sure if it is possible however but I do feel it would make the process of finding player bio's simpler and also make player profiles more appealing. I'm not suggesting people continue their lore and stories in this section as that would simply suck to be honest, but simply adding a small paragraph box below the player profile page that will contain a short biography of other users to read. Lets not make it mandatory but optional

Screenshot provided for reference.

ingF8tN.png

Is this something you are interested in seeing ?

Is this something that yourself or even group leaders would use ?

I'm interested to know your thoughts on this subject

I like it, but problems arise with character switches and more risk to meta-gaming? I'm all for it don't get me wrong. I just worry.

I like it, but problems arise with character switches and more risk to meta-gaming? I'm all for it don't get me wrong. I just worry.

I understand your concerns as this would be optional surely it would be the very same as creating a character bio thread. With the claims of meta-gaming some creative writing in our parts would minimise this not to mention people would be actively seeking your profile to meta-game.

Also regarding the character switches or alt characters. If the section has the space then you would be able to have multiple short bio entries

Well you would know if they are metagaming then wouldnt you if you're able to realise its straight from your bio.

Im all for it because simply...why the hell not?

/moved to Suggestions

/moved to Suggestions

Thanks for the input Sung :troll:

PwnCaiks101    0

I would like to see a bio part on your profile page. A short bio like the ones you see in signature though, not a whole chapter on your character, those should be put in the lore n stories section.

Heroz_Nick    21

If the website in which hosts this forum can do it...seems like a solid idea, lets see where this go's

Tamaster92    14

I like it, you have my sword!

Thanks for the support so far guys, hoping to get some more input form community members and hopefully more staff members if I'm lucky

Unknown Entity    126

Wonderful idea, +1

I have the same toughts. Especially about meta gaming. That's why i voted NO.

I have the same toughts. Especially about meta gaming. That's why i voted NO.

I appreciate your input, sadly meta-gaming will always be an issue and sometimes will inhibit people from posting lore related stories and other media related to their current character. As I addressed in reply to Echo. These would be by no means a necessity.

This is currently a suggestion to gather the views from the community. I am still insure if this would even be possible. I am fairly confident that's it would be easy to implement into the player profiles.

I am currently trying to decide if there should be a limit to the length of these biographies if implemented. I'm personally thinking maybe 500 characters in length. Should anyone else have suggestion regarding the length I will be more than happy for the input and assistance.

Vandy    34

I love the idea, and I actually experienced this in a different Roleplay community.

I would keep the subsection on the forums, as you can continue to update your stories and lore. But having a small place to put your general background biography would not be a bad Idea.

You have my vote!

I love the idea, and I actually experienced this in a different Roleplay community.

I would keep the subsection on the forums, as you can continue to update your stories and lore. But having a small place to put your general background biography would not be a bad Idea.

You have my vote!

This is what I hope to achieve, I wish to keep the subsection but have the bio section in the player profile

Guest Likurja   
Guest Likurja

Sure why not, it wouldn't hurt anybody.

Guest Frenzy   
Guest Frenzy

Seems like an interesting idea to me. It can be kept short and simple so that when a person is applying for a clan, the leader can just open up his page to look at his current backstory, i.e. the writing skill and knowledge of the situation.

Guest Vittoria   
Guest Vittoria

I voted yes.

If you don't want to be meta-gamed, don't do it? Its optional...

I voted yes. I like feeding my ego.... :P

I like this idea though.

+1

Edit: This is no different from writing a lore story. So, I 100% back this.

So I'm jus going to give this a little bump

Alright I guess if people really wants meta then they can do it anyway. You have my vote