Server time: 2017-10-19, 21:56
Safe Zone: OPEN

Sign in to follow this  
Red

Donation Reward Suggestion

Red    244

Hey guys,

A couple of days ago our lovely community member and CH, Tamaster made a thread about DayZ soon allowing players to ability to add models to the game.

I'm not entirely sure what the mechanics behind these are and if they are just going to work as skins for already existing weapons.

However, should the possibility arise that we can make our own stuff and add it to the server, then perhaps. Let's give donation users the ability to unlock extra's through a donation credits page, similar to the skins one we had before.

That way players could, for a few credits, unlock props and/or cosmetic items. Zippo's/lighters, cigarette packages, boxes, umbrella's etc. just to name a few. Right now as it stands we have nothing to spend our donation credits to. So if given the opportunity, this could be an idea.

I know this idea might be a little far fetched, but I wanted to present it anyway so that the idea is out in the open.

To expand on this idea a little more. We obviously shouldn't use this to give donation players an advantage over regular players. If anything, it should be used to motivate non paying players to want to donate, so items like guitars etc, that are solely going to be there as RP props would be stimulating.

Mamba    0

Really wish they would add things like guitars, smokes etc to the game. Add to the immersion a bit.

Red    244

Really wish they would add things like guitars, smokes etc to the game. Add to the immersion a bit.

That's the thing. The new feature should allow us to manually add them. And we could then, using donation credits unlock them for our characters. (maybe, if the game will allows us to.)

Mamba    0

That's the thing. The new feature should allow us to manually add them. And we could then, using donation credits unlock them for our characters. (maybe, if the game will allows us to.)

I believe I saw the thread. I see it as no different than writing code in arma 2 for mods and stuff. Should be possible. I like the idea definitely. I just wish Bohemia would take the steps to give us things like that themselves +1 Red.

Mikachu    26

I will point out - modding isn't until the end of this year. So months away yet.

However I like the idea, I know me, rolle, the other devs and admins and staff all have various ideas for donation extras. With the expanded amount of content in SA we can really offer some cool stuff that doesn't effect gameplay much.

Cosmetic items (like a camera or wedding ring) is a good example, as is clan clothing and such. Once it's possible I think people are going to be blown away by just what we can offer.

Red    244

Awesome. :) I can't wait to see what will be in store for us at the end of this year.

Alan Woods    4

I would mainly be up for clothing since it's the thing I desire the most, but items such as these are still a nice addition :)

Hoping for the best when modding comes around!

It might be worth noting though that these items that would be for donation credits would essentially become a high value item, and thus be targeted by bandits...This might create a kind of odd market where a survivor sees a donation credit item, and pawns it off for high value loot. So, while not directly giving them an advantage, it does pose the indirect ability to give people an advantage, if that makes sense at all.

Valkerion    0

It might be worth noting though that these items that would be for donation credits would essentially become a high value item, and thus be targeted by bandits...This might create a kind of odd market where a survivor sees a donation credit item, and pawns it off for high value loot. So, while not directly giving them an advantage, it does pose the indirect ability to give people an advantage, if that makes sense at all.

Pretty sure theres some terms where you cant have things hidden by a donation wall so all the items on the donation exchange would be available in game anyway you would just have the ability to spawn with them instead of looking for them.

that and they will all be cosmetic anyway I imagine or "trash" items that have no real function/purpose in game wise other than to RP with.

Mikachu    26

They will also spawn IG, just you could have one from the start by donating.

Donating is more a speed up than a exclusive, anything you can pay for also needs to be available for free as per TOS.

Basoon    15

Donating is more a speed up than a exclusive, anything you can pay for also needs to be available for free as per TOS.

This, this is good news.

Can't wait to see this kind of stuff implemented, and availability from spawn will be an awesome reward for donating.

Can't wait to see how this is implemented!

Ego    1

This, this is good news.

Can't wait to see this kind of stuff implemented, and availability from spawn will be an awesome reward for donating.

As long as its a "speed boost" than an exclusive im absolutely fine with it. I like the idea of spawning with a variety of small items like a pack of cigs or something along those lines...instead of the basic crap

Mikachu    26

This, this is good news.

As long as its a "speed boost" than an exclusive im absolutely fine with it. I like the idea of spawning with a variety of small items like a pack of cigs or something along those lines...instead of the basic crap

Thats my idea yeah:) Sort of some items you may start with for RP purposes hopefully.

Things like cigarettes or a coloured tshirt or such

Ego    1

This, this is good news.

Thats my idea yeah:) Sort of some items you may start with for RP purposes hopefully.

Things like cigarettes or a coloured tshirt or such

If I was given the choice I'd probably spawn in with a beanie hat and some cigs maybe, but I'd rather if we really have to have weapons bought in, they are just small knifes or a baseball bat. Sure as hell no ranged weapons

I like this idea a lot. But I have one question.

Whenever this will be a thing, would be people who donated before start over and have "0 credit", or the amount they already donated?

Red    244

Well I do remember Rolle saying a long time ago before SA started that credits would be transferred over to SA. So that means that you'd have an X amount of credits to your disposal if you're a high rank.

Don't quote me on this though, things might have changed since then.

Whitefur    4

I would say upgrades to your forum account. Its a system I'm working on for my own forum website, and i think it would work well. Pretty much allows you to change the appearance of your profile by purchasing one-time use upgrades. Things like changing forum name, Color of name, Avatar size, etc. The only problem is the forum rank system that we have (which would not support it). Its just a little less linear, thats all.

Ghost of Levi    8

this looks pritty damn interesting, eventough itl take months before its possible its good to think aheade i suppose +1

drewhinny    0

It looks like this idea is overwhelmingly positive, and you know I'm not gunna be different. Really good idea man. I can't wait to see what it would look like, if it were to come into effect.

Davos    5

I will point out - modding isn't until the end of this year. So months away yet.

However I like the idea, I know me, rolle, the other devs and admins and staff all have various ideas for donation extras. With the expanded amount of content in SA we can really offer some cool stuff that doesn't effect gameplay much.

Cosmetic items (like a camera or wedding ring) is a good example, as is clan clothing and such. Once it's possible I think people are going to be blown away by just what we can offer.

You just let me know when I can request postal uniforms, and where to ship the wine gift basket Tam.