Server time: 2017-08-23, 00:55

Sign in to follow this  
fancycakes

New Character Idea

fancycakes    0

I've been playing around with this idea...

B-movie action star on location in Chernarus for filming. Sometime during the initial outbreak he suffers a head injury only to awaken with only the memory of his current role.

This won't be a multiple personality character, he truly believes he is the character he was playing. Comical attempts at trying to play the hero that fail miserably and cheesy one liners will be a must.

Once his memory is triggered and he realizes who he really is the character is gone.

More detailed backstory to come if this doesn't come across as a miss.

I think it sounds fun to play out, what do you all think?

Definitely sounds interesting. I'd like to see how you manage to play this.

RubyRed    0

I think this could be kind of a troll character. Cheesy lines, trying to be the hero. It maybe could work, but just if you do it right. You will get in trouble for being the hero at all situations :P

fancycakes    0

I was thinking more along the lines of not actually being the hero but in his head he was the one who saved the day but in all actuality couldn't be further from the truth.

I could see how taking it to far could become trollish, it would take work on my part while playing this out to not let it go that far. Cheesiness in moderation.

Unknown Entity    126

I did something similar with a friend not too long ago.

We were both b-movie actors accting like famous actors. Noone new us of course, but we would run around trying to convince people we were famous, we would do scenes from movies, fight a lot with each other, it was very fun.

The thing is, you need to find the right balance between fun, and serious. If you find that balance you're good to go.