Server time: 2017-08-21, 23:28

Sign in to follow this  
scornofhell

Whitelist Buzzkill

scornofhell    0

Haha finally get to post a app to get in yesterday, it's been roughly 24 hours if not more now. and i moved from 50-60 something in the que to now 360. like that hurts so much, i doubt even morphine could fix that. i think I need a blood pouch.

Xaeleth    0

It takes a long long time. My friend waited over a week and got rejected for missing the "90 minutes" on the NLR section.

Hope you were very thorough.

Stop thinking about the application, you'll drive yourself crazy.

Whitelist moves by priority. Donators and people with more detailed reports and longer reports are moved ahead. Don't be discouraged. If you want to get moved into priority donate 5 euros.

Corvun    0

Yeah don't think much about it now that you have it in.. In the time that you are waiting go over the rules again, double check your answers and make sure you didn't miss anything. You be amazed at the small things you missed when putting in your app. But overall Goodluck! I hope you get though.

ammo trader    0

If you haven't done so already i would suggest posting your backstory. It is a great way to feel more invested in the community before you actually get whitelisted.

Moosty    0

Oof. I'm in the same low queue boat. I'll wait it out though, it sounds like they get to them eventually. I can barely afford rent and food, donating to a gaming community's a bit out of the question at the moment. If I could donate I totally would though.. im in the mid 300s out of 400+, And I met every single length requirement. I don't know if I'm more shocked by the amount of good applications or the rarity of bad applications. But either way, this sounds like a quality place to play. Hope I get in.

Bjon    15

I guess I'm a bit lucky since I haven't been higher than 40 since I submitted it, currently at 12. Sad thing is I'm almost sure it's going to get rejected because I left out the rule about baiting in the KoS section, and slightly misinterpreted the KoS group rights in my example.

But I wish everyone else the best of luck with theirs, and like others have said double check everything! I made a stupid mistake and will probably be waiting until next week before getting whitelisted, do not be stupid like me! :P

Guest poisonfirebush   
Guest poisonfirebush

pro tips have fun with your back story i made a nice 3000+ back story and pretty much met the rest about 300 above min and ive been bouncing around 15-28 starting to think this is a pay to play system (not saying its bad i know its needed to keep things going) but if the only people getting in are those who get the tippity top scores and who pay then this feels like this is some sort of elitist RP group i havnt been around very long my self and i can say it doesnt feel very welcoming at all kind off cold... but ive heard good things and i hope i see some silver linings soon : \ i hope i dont get reprimanded for speaking my mind about this... not trying to be a dick or bad talk the community just sharing my experience so far as limited as it is..... but im just rambling now.... yea just rambling.... oops

Zorac    0

I guess I'm a bit lucky since I haven't been higher than 40 since I submitted it, currently at 12. Sad thing is I'm almost sure it's going to get rejected because I left out the rule about baiting in the KoS section, and slightly misinterpreted the KoS group rights in my example.

But I wish everyone else the best of luck with theirs, and like others have said double check everything! I made a stupid mistake and will probably be waiting until next week before getting whitelisted, do not be stupid like me! :P

Yeah i know the feeling. I was waiting a for a long time to get my application checked. I got down to nr 2-4 a few times only to be pushed up to 10+. So i decided to donate to stopped being pushed up all the time. I was very confident at my background story which i considered to be very good. However the more i read the rules and application form the more i knew that i screwed up the rules so basically i was just waiting to get recjected so my 24h timer would start. And here i am know with 19hours to go, atleast i already wrote my new application which i am 99% sure will get accepted so it just a matter of copy-paste in 19hours for me.

Good luck everyone. Never give up!

- Zorac

EddieVec    0

pro tips have fun with your back story i made a nice 3000+ back story and pretty much met the rest about 300 above min and ive been bouncing around 15-28 starting to think this is a pay to play system (not saying its bad i know its needed to keep things going) but if the only people getting in are those who get the tippity top scores and who pay then this feels like this is some sort of elitist RP group i havnt been around very long my self and i can say it doesnt feel very welcoming at all kind off cold... but ive heard good things and i hope i see some silver linings soon : \ i hope i dont get reprimanded for speaking my mind about this... not trying to be a dick or bad talk the community just sharing my experience so far as limited as it is..... but im just rambling now.... yea just rambling.... oops

Hey Poison, I don't tihnk there's an elitism here. I'm brand new both to DayZRP and DayZ itself and I got whitelisted on second application after stupidly missing some bits out. I donated to apply because I put my first in the day before the whitelist was opened again and only donors could apply on the closed white-list.

Provided your understanding of the rules is correct and your other details add up, you should get in no problem.

Let me explain it this way:

A = non donator, great application

B = non donator, poor application

C = donator, great application

D = donator, poor application

The total queu is 100 before ABCD applies.

A would end up for instance in the TOP 20

B would end up near the end of the line

C would end up in the TOP 20, but because he donated he ends up in the TOP10

D would en up near the end line, but he donated and get boosted towards the TOP 50

It's obvious why you have gone from 60 to around 300, you probably sent your application as soon as they opened this Monday but due to the amount of whitelist applications you probably didn't write enough for each section, you need to write a lot more, they sort the ques out on if your a donator or not, and how many characters your write, overall it's about the amount you write.

Ghoozovich    263

Yeah, best advice is not to think about it that much.

Sure, reread the rules and I find that spending a lot of time on the forums, reading up on things is really helpful and interesting. The stories are great and some are absolutely amazing! It's an awesome way to immerse yourself and feel like a part of the community.

I initially submitted my app and maybe 3 days in a row remained in spot 1/200-250, with no result. Then I was pushed back to over 40 and then slowly back to 1st again. After little over a week my app was rejected because I forgot to mention the duration and radius of validity of the NLR. I then went onto TeamSpeak, where Fox helped me out with my app and afterwards after rereading the rules a few more times I was ready to resubmit and just waited for the 24 hr timer to run out.

After seeing how friendly and helpful everyone was, I decided to donate which also helped me out a lot! - I submitted my application and only 2-3 hours later it was accepted. I was literally exactly at the limit of everything - 2000 characters for NLR, 4000 for KOS rule, a little over 8000 for backstory, etc.

TL; DR - Go to forums, awesome community, the wait is worth it!

If rejected, go to TS and/or post in Questions subforum - everyone will be more than happy to help you out.

Donating also helps a lot with the waiting, but remember - it DOESN'T determine the outcome of your app.

Sin    114

The barrier to entry is high, and staff runs a tight ship; they're pretty strict and unforgiving, but bend over backwards to be fair.

All the above factors make for an exceptionally good community. Once you make it over that initial barrier, you'll find we're quite welcoming.

Caesar    438

In two days we got 400 - 500 applications. At the moment our current priority is excellent applications and donors. We work mostly on the following system.

Donors > Excellent applications > Time of application.

We are considering alternative whitelist methods as such a large influx cannot be maintained indefinitely.

scornofhell    0

If you haven't done so already i would suggest posting your backstory. It is a great way to feel more invested in the community before you actually get whitelisted.

Well I posted a backstory in the lore section, however its not the same i used for the application.

Ghoozovich    263

I suggest wasting away your time and life on the forums. It is here that the real magic happens.

^

Promithes    0

Yeah i applied about 2 weeks ago and got rejected because i missed a few details about the KoS rule, this time i read and re-read and than re-read all of my explanations again to make sure I got them right. Both my KoS and NLR explanations were over 2000 characters and my back story was another 2500. I also provided several different reasons why I wanted to join the community. I entered at 28 out of 360, i have not been above 35. I should also mentioned I have not donated. Considering there is only 3 people, to my knowledge, that can accept or deny applications they move pretty quickly.