Server time: 2017-10-24, 07:40
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  

Improve your bad fps in DayZ Standalone!

Hey guys i was just going to make this guide that personally boosted my fps by a lot, i use to get maximum 20 frames inside buildings and in the wilderness but now i get 30-50. In places like Cherno, Vybor and other cities i get 15-30 which is a big improvement from 5-10. I know to a lot of you this fps will still not be very good but this is for people like me who can't afford gaming pc's or good computers.

First tip - Razer

Get a program called Razer Game Booster, it boosts your fps by disabling process's that go on in the background while your playing DayZ which don't need to be going on, when you have got it you will need to make a quick account then you are on. You will see 4 tabs at the top, Games, Deals, Boost and Share, on games you will see all your current games and if DayZ does not appear go to + sign and add DayZ manually. Go to the boost tab and select 'recommended'. I choose recommended because some process's actually try and fix game performance and if you select to stop them whilst your playing the game it will make it worse but recommended just selects the ones you definitely do not need. Then hit boost now and go back to the 'games' tab and click on DayZ then start game. This will start the game through steam. Links for download will be at the bottom.

Second tip - In-Game settings

This one is pretty obvious but i'll explain it anyway. The lower your video setting in-game the higher fps you will achieve if you go to your video settings basically set everything to the lowest setting, I have everything set to the lowest setting except for my rendering is still at 100% this means the picture still looks great but all these pointless effects and whatnot don't happen and swallow your fps. This is probably one of the most simple but effective tips out there.

Third tip - DayZ config settings

For this tip you will have to close DayZ and steam and go into your documents of your computer, there you will see a file called 'DayZ' open the file and you will see 4 things. A file that says 'Saved' which doesn't have anything to do with the fps boost so leave that alone. and then 3 others. The .cfg file, and 2 dayz profile files. First i am going to talk about the config file. Open the config file with notepad or another program which allows you to view all the text in the file. Once you have it open you are going to need to locate GPU_MaxFramesAhead=# and GPU_DetectedFramesAhead=# and you are going to set these both to 1. Now go to the top left hit 'file' then hit 'save' then go back to the DayZ profile files and find the one with a lot more text, one of them will have 2 lines of weird crap and the other will be similar to the config just much longer, once you have located the one with a lot more text which looks like the config you are going to want to scroll right near the bottom. Locate a file called 'SceneComplexity' you are going to want to set this to somewhere between 25,000 and 150,000 to get better performance, I have mine at 25,000 and it seems to help a lot but the scene on the game still looks fine. Below will be ViewDistance and PreferredObjectViewDistance, set these both to 1000. Then go to file then save then exit it and there is your profile and config done.

I hope these tips helped you and here is the link to get Razer Game Booster.

http://www.razerzone.com/cortex/game-booster

mastersans    0

You should be removing launch options now, they was working on older builds but are causing a lot of problems in newer builds my current launch params are

-nopause -skipintro -oldui -maxmem=2047 -malloc=ttb4malloc_bi_x64

this solves the current crash issue in build 0.54

You should be removing launch options now, they was working on older builds but are causing a lot of problems in newer builds my current launch params are

removed launch options

Hessian    11

Looks neat. I don't really have any issues with FPS, but I'll keep this thread in mind for any future scenarios.

chump    8

Man thanks a ton, I'd tried a lot of other guides but this got me from 10-15fps in Cherno to 30-45fps and I'm running on a GS250 i3!!! Thanks again, I owe you

Guest Juulbemo   
Guest Juulbemo

Nice, this helped me quite a lot!

MoskvaMarit    0

I had some of the lauch options before and in the beginning of 0.54 build. Removed them and it seems to run at same fps, but alot more stable. Thanks for this thread and this tip.

Regards

Gold tips tho, but dont forget to not only lower your ingame graphic options like quality overall - by only disabling clouds i did make about 10 Fps more!

RhysGittoes    0

Looks neat however, i've been told that razer game booster only works on some laptop's/pc hardware. Somehow if you get the wrong combination Razer game booster actually wrecks the system processes, read it somewhere but other than that great little guide.

Radeon 7970 FTW :)

Regards

Rhys Gittoes

D3ADEYE    0

This helped a lot, thanks. Latest patch ruined my frames :D

Ghost of Levi    8

Awsome cheers mate!

Astraal    3

I like the boost thing but for some reason i cant make the fps thing work with DayZ. Any ideas how to fix it?

Scooter    51

I like the boost thing but for some reason i cant make the fps thing work with DayZ. Any ideas how to fix it?

Same here. I only got it to work once. I think it may be bugged a bit

Astraal    3

i know you cant use it with 64-bit games but from what i've heard is DayZ a 32-bit game.

Scooter    51

i know you cant use it with 64-bit games but from what i've heard is DayZ a 32-bit game.

It might just be DayZ that is the problem. The only other game I have tried and gotten it to work with is Insurgency, pretty sure that is 32-bit so your are probably right.

ocet    1

Worth notice is that lowest settings will not give you most FPS. There is a magical barrier for each computer you just need to find.

What i mean is that i have the same FPS for lowest possible settings like i do for medium ones. It's because of game, and it's development.

Starf1sh    0

Also vsync should always be disabled and core affinity of any background apps to be set to exlude first core as current DayZ uses only the first core.

Guest Zahk   
Guest Zahk

Got a fair FPS increase due to this thank you!

Sign in to follow this