Server time: 2017-10-18, 20:21
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Destinwolf

Jerry Cans and Gas Stations

Destinwolf    13

I just wanted to make a suggestion for the community and I think it's a great one;

If you come across a jerry can and you don't have a vehicle, please, PLEASE, don't just leave it where you found it. It would be really awesome if you would bring it to the nearest gas station and let the next person with a V3S know where you placed the jerry can. This would be especially awesome for when persistence is turned back on.

Thoughts?

Ami.Knight    9

Wouldn't be worth trying to do until they fix that annoying glitch where you drop an item and it reappears where you picked it up last. Otherwise you can bet i would still carry a jerry can full of water whenever i come back to GM

Maybe someone could set up something where people bring in gasoline in trade for items? Like network of gasoline stashes. Possibly set them up at various gas stations.

Destinwolf    13

Wouldn't be worth trying to do until they fix that annoying glitch where you drop an item and it reappears where you picked it up last. Otherwise you can bet i would still carry a jerry can full of water whenever i come back to GM

Yeah, hopefully that bug gets fixed soon, and by all means use any jerry can for whatever purpose you will. It would just be nice to have them at gas stations, too, if someone comes across one and doesn't really want it to go to waste. It can be a real drag sometimes trying to find a gas can when you're truck is almost out of fuel.

Maybe someone could set up something where people bring in gasoline in trade for items? Like network of gasoline stashes. Possibly set them up at various gas stations.

I see that being a pretty good idea for when persistence is turned back on and functioning properly, since people will undoubtedly be stashing their trucks.

Subso    0

Only works for persistance in my opinion.

But yeha it would be a good thing...maybe you can get a group/your friends to spread that IG. I would do it if someone tells me that IG :)

As Subso stated this would have to be done in game. I feel it would be a form of meta-gaming if we got that information on the forums. However, you could always put this PSA out via radio chatter.

We need to wait for the peristance on. Maybe it will be today? RP will be amazing when peristance will be on :3 Less suplies, ppl will need to trade more and finally we will be able to start living in certain areas and make camps there :)

Mikachu    26

/me plots to make a shop at a gas station selling fuel to passing by V3Ss*

Buddy    1063

I had a lovely jerry can last night.. Given that persistence was just turned on, my friend and I felt it was a good resource to have so I took it with me in my hands. We didnt have a truck at the time... So I emptied and rinsed it out a few times at a pump and then filled it with water to keep at our campsite. Good idea right? Well... I was GOING to just drop it in our tent but then remembered just how much precious storage space it took up.. A whopping 35 out of the 63 tent spaces!! So I put it on the floor inside the tent only to be heartbroken after the restart when I never saw it again :,(

It would seem that some items are just not persistent.....

Destinwolf    13

It was a nice suggestion, but as Buddy has said, we've discovered that gas cans are not persistent. :(

Yeah that would be something I would do but items like that aren't persistant :-(

Basoon    15

Time to take every single gas can I find to a hidden location and charge insane amounts for the rights to use them ;)

Shirodude    0

Easy money. Now all we need is some gas station "attendants" to have the one jerry can that seemingly tends to spawn. Get some protection from a local group and start controlling the stations. That would be awesome.

Fafnir    38

I was thinking of using the jerry can by filling one up with water, having it near Strangeland and using that until it becomes empty and send someone to the well with the can to refill it. Can fill a PET water bottle twenty times from the jerry can before becoming empty.

Destinwolf    13

I was thinking of using the jerry can by filling one up with water, having it near Strangeland and using that until it becomes empty and send someone to the well with the can to refill it. Can fill a PET water bottle twenty times from the jerry can before becoming empty.

We filled a jerry can up full of water and brought it back to camp. The first person to drink from it had a "funny taste" in his mouth. Pretty sure it's bugged at the moment. We're positive we rinsed it and refilled it with water a few times. I just think the game still registers the contents as gasoline.

PwnCaiks101    0

We filled a jerry can up full of water and brought it back to camp. The first person to drink from it had a "funny taste" in his mouth. Pretty sure it's bugged at the moment. We're positive we rinsed it and refilled it with water a few times. I just think the game still registers the contents as gasoline.

It was working last patch!

Fafnir    38

Hmm that is odd, just drunk out of a jerry can today and didn't get that. Though didn't really intend to drink out of it, more of pouring the water from the jerry can into the water bottles. Of course it kinda disappeared on me, so cant really use it until I find another one.

Buddy    1063

it was working last patch you're right!, also apparently after a server restart, the water you may have filled the gas can with will revert back to being actual gasoline or so im told..... so be careful of that as well! it may be the case with other liquids and containers too.

we keep our gas can in a hunting backpack now and it doesnt despawn :)