Server time: 2017-08-18, 09:06

Sign in to follow this  
Guest quebex

why do you enjoy dayz?'

Guest quebex   
Guest quebex

I personally enjoy the scenery and character Experience. Things like this make and break a game. What makes dayz so special to you?

Destinwolf    13

For a long time now, before I began to play DayZ, I always wanted a game with the same survival aspects of DayZ; thirst, hunger, sickness, enemy AI, and other players. It's a great simulation game and I really think, in some ways, it simulates a real life apocalypse. What makes it most enjoyable for me is there are real consequences and a cause/effect ripple in the DayzRP community. Everything you do, in one small or large way, effects everyone else.

Wiping out all those zombies in Elektro? Someone might not get killed by them or have to do it themselves.

Took that AKM and drum mag, or grenade from the barracks in Vybor mil? Someone missed the chance of finding it and going on a killing spree.

Killed off an entire rogue group? The group disbands and has a major effect on the community.

and many, many different ways that everyone's actions have an effect on the community.

This is truly an excellent game and we are all privileged to experience gaming history as DayZ progresses with each patch; from one stage to the next.

Guest TheShrimpPimp   
Guest TheShrimpPimp

I like dayz as its a sandbox game , so i can choose my goals. Its also a fairly unique setting in such a vast open world.

I like the unpredictability of the game and the interesting situations you get into.

Finally i like the fact we can have community's like dayzRP and make the game even funner than it already is.

Guest Doug Quade   
Guest Doug Quade

because RP ...............

PwnCaiks101    0

I certainly do not enjoy this game for the experiences, as I get 10 fps on lucky days and its sub-par gameplay anyway. I enjoy it because its a perfect host for the DayZrp community to roleplay on and is so immersible.

Guest Kit the Great   
Guest Kit the Great

Masochism.

Basoon    15

I hate vanilla DayZ, I love DayZ RP

Crafting a story, meeting others and influencing their story, influencing the make up of the world around me.

Guest quebex   
Guest quebex

For a long time now, before I began to play DayZ, I always wanted a game with the same survival aspects of DayZ; thirst, hunger, sickness, enemy AI, and other players. It's a great simulation game and I really think, in some ways, it simulates a real life apocalypse. What makes it most enjoyable for me is there are real consequences and a cause/effect ripple in the DayzRP community. Everything you do, in one small or large way, effects everyone else.

Wiping out all those zombies in Elektro? Someone might not get killed by them or have to do it themselves.

Took that AKM and drum mag, or grenade from the barracks in Vybor mil? Someone missed the chance of finding it and going on a killing spree.

Killed off an entire rogue group? The group disbands and has a major effect on the community.

and many, many different ways that everyone's actions have an effect on the community.

This is truly an excellent game and we are all privileged to experience gaming history as DayZ progresses with each patch; from one stage to the next.

What a way to describe dayz. Have you ever done any creative writing? Good job man.

I enjoy dayz because its one of the first multiplayer games i have played where your characters life actually means something and at a certain point you really don't want your layer to die because you lose so much more when you die in this game then any other game.

Guest quebex   
Guest quebex

because RP ...............

Truu

Cjbustuup    1

The fact that your adventure changes every time you play. You never know what will happen next.

Destinwolf    13

What a way to describe dayz. Have you ever done any creative writing? Good job man.

I used to, but not anymore. Thanks!

Crocc    0

The stories. Every time you play DayZ, especially on DayZRP, you get a story. Player interactions, for better or worse, make the DayZ experience what it is.

The PvP is good, the survival aspect needs more work before it actually makes an impact (too easy to find food right now), the zombies make no sense at the moment, and the open world, ginormous map is incredibly beautiful to play in and explore.

But none of that even matches running across some guy who says he is an ex-boxing champion, and wants to train you to fight other survivors. Or meeting a girl who is obsessed with peaches. Not just any peaches, only Pristine peaches. Or how about the one dude who was on a quest to find his best friend, because he needed, really freaking needed, to fight him with a can opener.

That is DayZ. For me, at least. DayZRP emphasizes these interactions.

Quite the question! For me it's gotta be that, unlike most games, it's low intensity punctuated by moments of extreme excitement. Because you spend so much time with your character you become attached to them, so when something threatens to take them away, there's a genuine fear.

The world is very large, which facilitates retreating into the wilderness if need be, and ensures you've never a lack of places to explore, but it's seldom too hard to find others if you want to.

I think what I really love about Dayz is that, like all great role playing platforms, it gives you plenty of options; I seldom feel restricted by what the game allows me to do.

Buddy    833

Because there is no end game. you cannot "win" dayz, so to speak. you write and live out your own life story in a hostile environment where survival is the only thing that matters. how you do it is what makes dayz, dayz. and honestly, who does not enjoy shooting zombies....? :3

yay sandbox's!!!

I've already made a ton of friends. It's crazy!

I like meeting people, the people make me happy!

I like playing DayZ because I love finding interesting people to play with. Yea, a number of them try killed you on sight but that just adds to the excitement of trying to get away and survivor before they shoot you. In my travels, I have met a small number of friendly players and we're gone on adventures to Green Mountain, to NWAF and to places I haven't been to on the map.

Bullwon    0

Because DayZ is probably one of the most realistic survival games that allows you to create your own story and interact with a large amount of players from around the world. It lets you make your own decisions while trying to survive in a harsh environment against or alongside other players.

ponator    0

Because there is no end game. you cannot "win" dayz, so to speak. you write and live out your own life story in a hostile environment where survival is the only thing that matters. how you do it is what makes dayz, dayz. and honestly, who does not enjoy shooting zombies....? :3

yay sandbox's!!!

^^^^

This times 1000. Unlike most games, you don't win or lose. You develop. It's almost a mind eraser from the daily monotony too. You can be who you want and do whatever you want and meet new people along the way. Truly a great sandbox. My personal favorite. Plus zombies. Cuz. Zombies.

Moosty    0

I love DayZ for the interactions. You just can't get into the same type of situations with your fellow player in other games. And the dread you get before you find out if a player is friendly or not, priceless.

Alot of people dont like the fact that you can run forever and never see anyone due to the large map size and the maximum amount of players being around 50 but that's actually the reason why I prefer Dayz over other survival games. H1Z1 for example has a much smaller map and allows something like 200+ people on the server, you can't walk for 5 minutes without running into people and I think it just ruins the immersion. Something about running around for long periods of time without seeing someone makes that moment when you do 1000x better.

Guest DeluxeBandit   
Guest DeluxeBandit

I play a lot of competetive games but I recently got back to DayZ because of the RP.

RubyRed    0

The RP is what i enjoy, and that i can play without ending up dead as soon as i get into a city. The people I meet and the conversations. It's a lot of fun!