Server time: 2017-08-18, 16:40

Sign in to follow this  
Leaping Salmon

RPing

Question

Just a quick question for anybody that feels like answering:

What should I do if somebody randomly breaks RP and just starts doing stuff normally and possible starts shouting abuse?

8 answers to this question

Guest Doug Quade   
Guest Doug Quade

For an issue like that you could make a report , and post in the reports section. There is such a thing as BadRP, and is punishable. You could also, talk to a CH or other staff member in TS to confirm if it should be a report or not. Hope this helps !

Try to record it, get names, then show it to staff/ fill a report.

Excessive use of unnecessary OOC, especially through voice is a punishable offense.

If you're in a group and you encounter such a scenario don't feel tempted to break character as well. Stay in character at all times.

Has this answered your question?

Basoon    15

The biggest thing is to not let it get to you. People do this to bait sometimes.

Just keep a cool head, get their names in an RP way, (pretend to admire their gun while checking pulse) and so on.

Don't break character or call them out in game, just gather as much evidence as possible to make a report if you feel the situation warrants it.

I would suggest having a recording software on standby, like DxTory or Shadowplay. You see anything fishy you record until the scene is over, best to wait around 5mins after the scene is over then stop recording.

If it's an abuse, the person may be banned.

Make sure you have at least 50Gb of hard drive space cause recordings takes up a lot

You should first tell them to stop, as there is a lot of new players coming around that don't exactly know if they're doing anything wrong. Simply put it OOC that they're breaking immersion or something and thus breaking a rule.

In the event they don't stop, record or screenshot all you can and report them. The person (s) that were involved in the rule break will be called upon to explain themselves and it can be taken from there.

unknownunit    0

i usually ignore it pretending that it did not happened because i kinda spooked people out their senses while searching thru barrack buildings and stumble across a fellow survivor and he puts on an accent after the incident. but i am unsure even if it falls under badrp as it can happen to anyone