Server time: 2017-08-23, 14:06

Sign in to follow this  
TEazy97

Screaming..

TEazy97    8

What really annoys me is when characters initiate whilst screaming, you can barely understand, surely screaming, and i mean SCREAMING and from what ive seen on the forums running into a populated area with a few guys and telling everyone to get down is a bit OTT.? Just my personal opinion, wanna know yours, don't shoot me.

Slaxx    0

I never enjoy being screamed at in game. Doesn't matter for any reason. It makes me sad.

"I'm a sensitive soul... Tho I seemed thick skinned." Pumbaa from Disney's Lion King

Personally I'm not too bugged by it if fits the RP, but what does get me angry is when its just pointless / unnecessary and there being no reason to scream at the top of your lungs at all.

Yadidle    2

It's certainly terrifying in some moments, but when it comes to understanding it's not the best.

One's heart drops when they hear the "EVERYBODY ON THE GROUND GUNS ON YOUR BACKS NOOOW!!!!!11!1!!11!!!!!1!"

PwnCaiks101    0

Screaming is alright, and I don't mind it anymore then I do people heavily breathing into their mic constantly as long its for roleplay. Although it just gets a tad bit unnecessary when you start yelling louder then a bugle.

TEazy97    8

I totally agree with you guys, as long as there is a valid RP reason for it its cool. But unnecessary initiation by screaming is also pretty sucky ;D

I personally enjoy when people scream when initiating provided they don't sound like garbled garbage and it's used at the right time, scares the shit out of me and gets the heart pumping a bit.

Rick    19

If an initiation is too distorted to understand, then any kill after it is RDM. It is the responsibility of the initiators to make sure that their initiation is clear enough to understand. Backing up with text is always good in these cases.

Best thing to do in these situations is to record. If it's clear from your end that the initiation wasn't audible, then report it.

MVPig_    0

If someone tries to 10 second rob me they feel my AKM.. ;)

If they RP then I'm cool with it

Guest DeluxeBandit   
Guest DeluxeBandit

I mean its okay if they are screaming aslong as they are speaking PROPERLY and not just shouting out words unclearly.

Personally I feel screaming add to the roleplay in these situations, get real people no one is going to be polite and ask you calmly to please put your weapons down and form an orderly queue and await further instructions.

In order to place fear and urgency into a situation like this being loud is an easy way to achieve the desired effect. If you are attempting to take over a camp/compound. Sure being clear and coherent is a plus but thing of it from the aggressors point of view from time to time.

When you initiate there is a lot of things that enter your mind at the same time such as rules, did I do everything correctly? Oh shit what if they have back up on the way? I'm sure you see my point.

Just a little F. Y. I it's hard to be a good bandit

Unknown Entity    126

Screaming is perfectly fine, as long as it's understandable.

Especially when attacking a settlement for example, and lot's of people are talking etc.

TEazy97    8

Personally I feel screaming add to the roleplay in these situations, get real people no one is going to be polite and ask you calmly to please put your weapons down and form an orderly queue and await further instructions.

In order to place fear and urgency into a situation like this being loud is an easy way to achieve the desired effect. If you are attempting to take over a camp/compound. Sure being clear and coherent is a plus but thing of it from the aggressors point of view from time to time.

When you initiate there is a lot of things that enter your mind at the same time such as rules, did I do everything correctly? Oh shit what if they have back up on the way? I'm sure you see my point.

I know that's not what I mean, good rp shouting is good...but uncontrollable and inaudible screaming isn't very good.

I know that's not what I mean, good rp shouting is good...but uncontrollable and inaudible screaming isn't very good.

I'm not aiming this at anyone, and I undertand your points vector and others. screaming for effect is great, but I'm sure you know what I mean :D