Server time: 2017-10-19, 21:46
Safe Zone: OPEN

Sign in to follow this  
Apache

Legs made of glass

Apache    21

My character seems to snap his legs in half at the slightest bump.

For example, in Novy yesterday I was checking some garages on the south side of town when I just dropped dead, totally healthy, hydrated and energized. Once some friends found my body they confirmed that my pants and boots were ruined. How I broke my leg on flat ground I have no idea, but it happens to me all the time.

In buildings like the jail, barns, two story houses, and especially the ATC, it's gotten so bad that I avoid even going into those buildings unless it's absolutely necessary.

I know I'm not alone in this happening because it happens to my friends too, and I've found countless dead bodies of unfortunate scavengers at the base of stairs with their pants and boots ruined.

What causes this? Are there good ways to fix/avoid it?

Valkerion    0

Vault by pressing V once you're upstairs in any building as it forces your character to be relocated to where you have vaulted and stop your legs from being broken or you dying on the second floor you have to do it everytime you go up a floor.

Currently the game seems to register that you are still on the bottom floor when you are upstairs and tries to "relocate" your character back down to the bottom floor by pulling you through the floor thus killing you or breaking your legs with the collision which is why it commonly happens when you pick up items as when you change clothes or pick up items it forces a database save of yoru character and that thinks you should be on the bottom floor etc.

as for flat ground there are some clips in the ground textures every now and again as well as raised ground like rocks etc. and you can fall through the gaps and break your legs.

Apache    21

Vault by pressing V once you're upstairs in any building as it forces your character to be relocated to where you have vaulted and stop your legs from being broken or you dying on the second floor you have to do it everytime you go up a floor.

Currently the game seems to register that you are still on the bottom floor when you are upstairs and tries to "relocate" your character back down to the bottom floor by pulling you through the floor thus killing you or breaking your legs with the collision which is why it commonly happens when you pick up items as when you change clothes or pick up items it forces a database save of yoru character and that thinks you should be on the bottom floor etc.

as for flat ground there are some clips in the ground textures every now and again as well as raised ground like rocks etc. and you can fall through the gaps and break your legs.

Thanks for the info.

Is there a way to avoid the gaps in the ground or do you just have to hope you don't run into one?

Brad    158

As Valkerion said vaulting resets your character location.

Also walking and going slow (crouch walking) seems to be safe as it doesnt freak the system out.

Other than that...

#Alpha ;)

Skeetsi    0

For a long time now I've wondered what is the cause of this. Every day I seem to hear more and more people dying to this issue whilst to some it seems to happen on a daily basis.

Is it perhaps depending of your connection quality or computer performance? I have NEVER experienced this glitch and neither have I ever used the vaulting when entering buildings. I've got a pretty powerful pc and a very solid connection. I tend to just sprint through multiple story buildings, stairs without any issues. Lucky me, huh?

Apache    21

For a long time now I've wondered what is the cause of this. Every day I seem to hear more and more people dying to this issue whilst to some it seems to happen on a daily basis.

Is it perhaps depending of your connection quality or computer performance? I have NEVER experienced this glitch and neither have I ever used the vaulting when entering buildings. I've got a pretty powerful pc and a very solid connection. I tend to just spring through multiple story buildings, stairs without any issues. Lucky me, huh?

I have a pretty powerful PC but an occasionally spotty Internet connection. The only time something like this has happened to me due to Internet, I got rubber banded into a rock and my lets broke, ruining everything in my pants.

I don't really get so lucky in buildings, at least once a day I've gotta go search for a new pair of pants and boots.

Skeetsi    0

Is it perhaps depending of your connection quality or computer performance? I have NEVER experienced this glitch and neither have I ever used the vaulting when entering buildings. I've got a pretty powerful pc and a very solid connection. I tend to just spring through multiple story buildings, stairs without any issues. Lucky me, huh?

I have a pretty powerful PC but an occasionally spotty Internet connection. The only time something like this has happened to me due to Internet, I got rubber banded into a rock and my lets broke, ruining everything in my pants.

I don't really get so lucky in buildings, at least once a day I've gotta go search for a new pair of pants and boots.

Sure I get occasional rubberbanding too sometimes but that's definitely a server sided thing cause it happens to everyone. It started off as very violent, making the game unplayable after a certain patch and hasn't been completely killed off just yet.

Only once I've died/taken damage because of rubberbanding and that happened at the crashed ship of Rify. Rubberbanded me back up and caused me to plunge to my death and this is something that happens to everyone. But the leg breaking glitch in buildings, not for me.

Apache    21

Only once I've died/taken damage because of rubberbanding and that happened at the crashed ship of Rify. Rubberbanded me back up and caused me to plunge to my death and this is something that happens to everyone. But the leg breaking glitch in buildings, not for me.

Come to think of it I have been thrown off castle stairs before thanks to rubber banding. I fell and landed right in front of a girl who was streaming with 200+ viewers. Needless to say it was pretty bad.

I find vaulting helps, also not having anything in my hands when I go to an upper level seems to allow me to avoid breaking my legs.

So remember kids, keep your hands on the railing to avoid nasty spills.

Guest Yuri Ubiytsa   
Guest Yuri Ubiytsa

RIP Jericho

Killed by a broken down truck in Novy.

Gone but never forgotten

Guest Phat J   
Guest Phat J

Same shit happened to me, I was just running through the town and I just died. No gun shot or anything, but my legs were broken and everything else was fine.

I've had it happen a few times in the fire station tower, sometimes death, sometimes just broken legs and ruined shoes. Going to try that vault trick, seems good

I'd say it's down to performance, back on my old pc on the RP epoch mod, I was driving down the coast at an area that also caused me to suffer massive fps drops, I had picked someone up and had just past kamyshovo, the game froze up for about 10 seconds before appearing in the sky above the middle of ocean, and the car dropped in, we jumped out and swam about 10 minutes to shore, arriving at the docks at the edge of elektro, having almost froze to death, after running into the pier my guy passed out and fell through the pier, only to die by zombies

Moral of the story, random fps drops can do weird things with bohemia games lol

PwnCaiks101    0

I think they should increase the fall distance required to break your legs. I mean, you can still break your legs by falling a few feet off barn stairs without even the bugs and glitches here.

Im not sure if it true but I hear that you start out with a phantom broken limb right off the bat and splinting yourself as soon as possible can help prevent random broken legs.

Teas    1

I feel your pain. I once crawled for over an hour to find help after walking a flight of stairs. I didn't find help.

TEazy97    8

My character seems to snap his legs in half at the slightest bump.

For example, in Novy yesterday I was checking some garages on the south side of town when I just dropped dead, totally healthy, hydrated and energized. Once some friends found my body they confirmed that my pants and boots were ruined. How I broke my leg on flat ground I have no idea, but it happens to me all the time.

In buildings like the jail, barns, two story houses, and especially the ATC, it's gotten so bad that I avoid even going into those buildings unless it's absolutely necessary.

I know I'm not alone in this happening because it happens to my friends too, and I've found countless dead bodies of unfortunate scavengers at the base of stairs with their pants and boots ruined.

What causes this? Are there good ways to fix/avoid it?

Branislav went into the Prison building in the military compound NWAF South. Was looting inbetween the bunk beds and boom, you are dead. I suspect the same thing happened to both of us.

Mathematics    0

I find that walking, empty-handed, prevents this issue. Only had this happen once when I ran upstairs into a prison. Hasn't happened since.