Server time: 2017-08-23, 08:24

DayZ maintenance is in progress

Sign in to follow this  

Disbanding Of 85th.

Due to the overwhelming amount of reports against this group, the numerous complaints, PvP focused, plus the recent evidence of duping gear, this group is going to be permanently disbanded. You will not be allowed to continue playing this group in game.

We did not have many reports on us. Also, what are these complaints? Complaints that when someone initiated on all of us(Since we got on when we were all on), they get kiled? We are not PVP focused. We held trials for bandits, we let them live 9/10 of the times we did it. You didn't even give us a warning asking us in person whether we were banditing and PVPing all the time. I want to know who complained on us. Because we only initiated on 6 people the whole time in the clan. And the duping was done by lower ranks of our members and we swiftly kicked them all out(only 2 of our members are in that report). We tried to give new members a chance to show them how DayZRP is, but all they did was care for gear. We however care for RP. The rest of 85th loved what we were doing and many other people loved our RP. On the U.S. server, we were one of the most loved and feared groups. Give us another chance, because this time, we aren't allowing anyone in that's from late 2014/early 2015 until proven worthy. We want another chance, because we cared for our RP. We had two bad apples, that was all. You could of PM'ed me! The leader! Please take this into consideration.

I agree that the disbanding of your entire group due to a few member duping stuff seems a bit unfair really there was a few reports but thats to be expected when banditting and from what I read you guys were not all that bad really.

Guest Phalix   
Guest Phalix

Just attempt to PM rampage/admins/rolle and get permission to bring the group back, and have staff watch close eye on you all.

Pretty dumb it's all over b/c a few new members of the community ruined it(there's a reason my group is picky af at who they accept)

Though, I don't really see much lay-room for getting your group back, seems that once a decision is made, it's in stone.

Regardless.

Hope you can work something out to get the group back.

Mellstrom    21

I can agree on that this all seemed a bit too hasty for my liking, not even making contact with the leader and talking with him about this is not how i viewed this community.

Gingervitus    0

I wish you guys all the best. It is sad how the actions of a few, effect the future of many. Hopefully a sort of "appeal" can be made in this instance, as this group truly are great RPers, and every time I've played with them, it's by the book. Even when something happens and one of their members dies, they completely remove them from Radio Communication, that is the extent of this group.

Sadly, a couple new of the members did something that is cleared against the rules, I (personally) feel that not everyone should take penalty for it. I'm only 2 months into DayZRP myself, and I hold no authority here, but if dedicated people wish to re-form and secure a tight knit group, a second chance would do wonders for the community as a whole. Basically everyone on DayZRP knows who the 85th Platoon are and it would be a real shame to not be able to run into them again.

Staff, post. We have seen you read this thread multiple times.

I'm completely detached from the situation, but it seems like quite an extreme measure.

It appears people are getting very precious about the rules here. I've seen a few report threads in which I have interpreted the situation as "Things didn't go the way I wanted to, so I'm mad and want to report it!"

Hopefully this gets wrapped up in a fashion that is amicable for all sides. Good luck!

It seems a tad rude demanding them to post. Maybe try asking nicely?

Gingervitus    0

-snip-

It's there but only to be viewed by the admins. As stated in the rules of cheating. Though lets not get off topic.

It's a little rude disbanding a group based on assumptions and one report involving 2 privates.

Destinwolf    13

It appears people are getting very precious about the rules here. I've seen a few report threads in which I have interpreted the situation as "Things didn't go the way I wanted to, so I'm mad and want to report it!"

You are crossing a few lines with that statement. If you don't care to keep the community clean, then you can leave the neighborhood. Everyone needs to continue being vigilant in reporting people that are breaking rules.

ZoCr    0

You are crossing a few lines with that statement. If you don't care to keep the community clean, then you can leave the neighborhood. Everyone needs to continue being vigilant in reporting people that are breaking rules.

As we have multiple times, not once have one of our members been banned for breaking the rules.

http://www.dayzrp.com/t-s2-rdm-pavlovo-military-base-19-02-2015-05-00

http://www.dayzrp.com/t-formal-kos-s2-prison-island-17-02-2015-23-55

http://www.dayzrp.com/t-bad-fail-rp-robbery-s2-chernogorsk

http://www.dayzrp.com/t-formal-s4-no-care-for-hostage-prison-island-08-02-2015-06-55?page=3

Here are some links to reports we have made to better the community.

Heroz_Nick    21

I believe Siorre is trying to say people are too quick to jump to conclusions rather than invite someone to their TS, take a deep breath and talk it out..the staff are not babysitters, their not always going to wipe your nose for you lol

Sometimes the initiative is mostly needed rather than jumping straight to a report, this is why there is an influx of reports currently and it's very overwhelming, but hey what do I know :P

Guest Damon   
Guest Damon

The group was disbanded because the server needs to keep the quality of groups at a high. Even if it was a few members duping, the leaders should have been more careful in who they invited/it is their job to police their members and control their group.

"We held trials for bandits, we let them live 9/10 of the times we did it. "

In my experience, that is not true.

Consistent attacks on the prison is annoying and leading/having a military group is not easy, especially in a roleplay oriented server. You'll find yourself in trouble when you have a group like that, and if I remember correctly, Rolle isn't a huge fan of paramilitary groups. Furthermore, even if in some reports members were not banned, it still shows the community not appreciating the presence of said group and obviously having a problem with the roleplay.

The group was disbanded because the server needs to keep the quality of groups at a high. Even if it was a few members duping, the leaders should have been more careful in who they invited/it is their job to police their members and control their group.

Consistent attacks on the prison is annoying and leading/having a military group is not easy, especially in a roleplay oriented server. You'll find yourself in trouble when you have a group like that, and if I remember correctly, Rolle isn't a huge fan of paramilitary groups.

We are a rebel group, not a fucking paramilitary group. And we attack the prison three times. BECAUSE YOU GUYS INTIATED ON US TWO OF THE TIMES.

ZoCr    0

Consistent attacks on the prison is annoying and leading/having a military group is not easy, especially in a roleplay oriented server. You'll find yourself in trouble when you have a group like that, and if I remember correctly, Rolle isn't a huge fan of paramilitary groups.

Those members were invited on a trial basis and we had no knowledge of this "Duping". We did not condone the act and we were not apart of the act. The staff should have brought the case to Siorre to deal with it internally instead of punishing the group as a whole.

Gingervitus    0

-snip-

You do know the RP behind the 85th, correct? They are communist and feel that a group shouldn't solely own the prison. I'm not here to bicker back and forth but, I suggest you understand a groups lore before stating they are "annoying".

Tamaster92    14

I cannot possibly comment on reports or admin decisions very well but in regards to duping I feel punishing a entire clan for the actions of a few is too harsh. Back in the mod we had well known community members get banned for hacking/abusing systems yet only they were punished - not the entire clan they were part of. That was a much worse case than duping a bit of gear and should be the way it happens.

You cannot possibly blame a group for the actions of a individual unless there is substantial evidence it is true.

EDIT: After a discussion with caeser I understand more now - whilst in this case it seems entirely justified I stand by that generally the actions of the few should not reflect poorly on the whole.

It's a little rude disbanding a group based on assumptions and one report involving 2 privates.

You being rude because in your opinion the staff were "a little rude" (Spoiler: they weren't) doesn't justify you demanding that they post. Is it that hard to ask nicely?

We are a rebel group, not a fucking paramilitary group. And we attack the prison three times. BECAUSE YOU GUYS INTIATED ON US TWO OF THE TIMES.

Yet another example of you being rude for no reason whatsoever.

ZoCr    0

You being rude because in your opinion the staff were "a little rude" (Spoiler: they weren't) doesn't justify you demanding that they post. Is it that hard to ask nicely?

Yet another example of you being rude for no reason whatsoever.

It still stands that Siorre is telling the truth.

Destinwolf    13

Great! I wasn't speaking to you though, clearly by who I quoted. Glad to see you guys are actively helping keep the community clean. Keep it up.