Server time: 2017-10-17, 06:05
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Bluefork

Are noobs to DayZ welcome on RP servers?

Bluefork    0

Hi folks,

I'm a new player to DayZ and was wondering if new is ok on the role play servers, only at the moment on most servers it just looks like kill every body on sight and I dislike this so much maybe its my age as I'm a mature gamer. I feel like this is not what the game is about and I noticed RP on some Twitch streamers and see RP as the way I would like to play the game.

Any views and advice would be very helpful.

Thanks,

Bluefork

Valkerion    0

Yes of course they are you dont need to know all the kinks about the game to be able to RP within it.

Basic knowledge is obviously helpful so you dont murder people by accident etc. but I imagine you get my drift

Mikachu    26

I would happily say that if you try hard and stay within the rules then anyone is welcome here.

In fact I could see being new to the game as a possible positive, it would help you RP a survivor who isn't sure what he is doing a lot better!

RubyRed    0

Could really fit a certain character to be new to the game. Makes it more realistic. As long as you stick to the rules it should be fine.

Bluefork    0

Thank you for your swift positive response folks I'll fill out a from and keep my fingers crossed.

m1000ad    0

I totally agree with everyone here. Basic knowledge of the game is fine for RP.

There's no need to be an expert in all things DayZ. It doesn't take long to pick up though...

cTayX    0

i am also very new to dayz in general, not knowing the map helps me rp about having no clue where i am perfect!

ObeSpartan    0

I think almost everyone is welcome.

Noobs are normal ppl, the only thing they need is to understand the rules+experience.

But experience comes with time.

Gingervitus    0

Many times, RP is trial by error. You may start and believe you have the best RP and slowly find out you need to improve. If you are ever starting to doubt your RP or are lost with what to say in a group. Sometimes its best to make it clear that "You only arrived in Chernarus yesterday" for example. People will understand that and not be so hard on you. And flowing with things too. The rules are there for a reason, and if you follow them you will be fine. As you continue playing RP you will become more and more confident with your RP and have no issues with trying to RP a situation out.

All in all, it's better to play it safe and just over-watch people RPing then interacting once you feel confidence enough. IMHO

Guest neom   
Guest neom

Yes, a large portion of dayzrp were noobs before they came here, you have to start somewhere :)

Zorac    0

I am quite new to the game myself and i am waiting for my whitelist application to be reviewed. My biggest concern for me being quite new to the game is that i might be having a bit of a hard time to immerse myself in the roll of my character when i have to think about little things that i guess comes automatic you experienced survivors. For example just the emotes is something i always forget, maybe i want to greet someone and accidently give them the finger. Haha

Well i hope it will work out for both you and me.

Brad    158

My only advice would be to really get the key binds down pact.

f2 to hold your hands up, how to put your gun away, etc.

The stuff that will make roleplay seamless and not end with a "I don't know how to do that".

Other than that, learning in a roleplay setting is fantastic because people will be more tuned to help you out here (hopefully)

Vandy    34

Ofcourse totally new players are welcome to our RP community. You'll get the hang of the basic actions withing DayZ quite fast. The things you should know aobut are the community rules and the guidelines that are set up for the roleplay.

Do know your keybindings as well. If someone asks you to raise your hands in the air, you better know the key to do this, before he actually shoots you down.

All together, I'd say test out every keybinding on a public server, play for an hour to get the basic hang of the game, and then join in for the roleplay sessions within this community!

Don't be shy to ask any questions or clarifications within this community. There are allot of friendly people out here, willign to help you out!

Davos    5

Everyone was knew once mate,, heck I joined the RP in December and I only had the game for a couple of weeks tops. This is a great place to really enjoy the game.

cTayX    0

if you are unsure on keybinds do what i did, got some little arrow shaped post it notes and stuck them to the keyboard above the corresponding F button!

Xaeleth    0

As long as you can roleplay or at the very least will be trying to do your best at it. You'll learn your way around DayZ soon enough. Perhaps you want to be a civilian who was stranded here and has to be taught how to survive and scavange? Heck, you could probably pull off not even being a noob if that is your character....

Bluefork    0

Thank you guys for all the helpfull posts,

I have thought up a civilian role of somebody who has been stranded here follewing a heli crash. I hope you get to meet him, I'm just waiting words of my whitelist app, fingers crossed :)

Kanen    108

I think I had DayZ for 1 week before i decided to join this community, so yeah.

Personally I think there should be a certain amount of playtime before you can apply so the player actually has enough experience with normal DayZ so they will be more prepared for RP, so it could be at least 100-150 hours game time and a screenshot would be needed for proof or something.

EddieVec    0

Ellis, what do you feel you'd learn in 150 hours that you wouldn't in 15? Dayz standalone isn't that feature heavy right now. Provided you're able to do all the things your character knows how to do in the game, there shouldn't have to be a limit surely?

Guest Adam Higgins   
Guest Adam Higgins

Noobs should be welcome there is no limit to how long you have to have been playing DayZ