Server time: 2017-10-21, 05:10
Safe Zone: CLOSING SOON

Sign in to follow this  
Tessa123

Sarah Verduin (Short story, based on my whitelist story)

Tessa123    0

Hi, I wanted to share my RP story with you guys, which is based on the one I entered in the whitelist. It just came up to me as I was typing and I have never written a short story before. Be gentle with me! But I post it because I like it and it would be a nice movie script maybe? Let me know what you think..

MYD4006-2.jpg

My character's name is Sarah. She is 22 years old and lives in a sad old town somewhere in the north of Chernarus. She wants to go to the city, but her grandfather won't let her go. Her parents died when she was young and all she got now is her grandfather. And she is the only one that he has aswell. But, he is more dependend on her then the other way around. And Sarah is filled with energy that she can't release in this small old and boring village. The only thing she can do is plant seeds, harvest, milk the cows, sell the vegetables and cheese and milk on the market.. Etc. Speaking about market, thats the only time she goes to the big city and she loves it! However, when night is falling, she and her grandfather go back after they made some cash.

One day Sarah was just done with it. Grandpa is 60 years old, he can handle himself. And if not, other villagers who are also oldtimers like him, will probably help him out. Its not fair for her to be stuck with old people, she wants to live her life! And that's probably also what her parents wanted her to do. So this happened the next evening..

Sarah told grandpa that she was going to the grave of her parents the next morning, very early, she would be gone by breakfast. Grandpa said OK, because she mourns at their grave about every month at least once. Its a few miles away and she always takes the horse. But that evening Sarah takes her bag that she had packed earlier and silently runs away from the village, on the horse. Her grandpa would only find out in the afternoon, when she would not return. And by then she will be long gone, maybe actually seeing the horizon of the coast. She dreamt about seeing the Sea and the coast while riding horse through the dirt roads and forests. She drove fast.

Suddenly something tugged her dress and the horse threw her off by suprise. A few men were standing in front of her, holding guns up in the air.

"If you want to live, you better go back north. Far north." One of them said.

"I just came from there... I want to see the world!" Sarah said, while picking herself up and cleaning her dress.

"Do you know how dangerous that was? I could have broken my neck.." She said angrily.

The bushes behind them started rustling, but it was too dense to see what caused it. The men forgot about her for a second and looked at the bushes aswell.

"Fuck, they have our trail.". One of them said, visibly scared now.

"Girl." They said to her. "Something is coming that will do something even worse to your neck.. And your pretty face too."

"What..?" Sarah said.

And then it happened.

Something jumped out of the bushes that were rustling before.. This.. "Thing" that leapt from the bushes dragged its intestines on the ground but didn't seem to care. It didn't even seemed to care much about the brains dripping out from the smoking hole in his head. But it was futile.

The thing ripped an arm off the most nearby man, he looked at a bleeding ripped piece of flesh where his arm used to be. He was surprised, almost as much as the second after that, when his throat was cut and his head ripped off in one swift motion.

The other two went as well, trying to protect Sarah. It was very knightly of them, but now it seemed the end for her. The thing jumped on her and she closed her eyes. Goodbye, grandpa.. I should have listened to you.. were her last thoughts.

* BOOM *

She opened her eyes. Grandpa held out his hand and she took his.

"You are really like your mother." He sighed, while shooting the creature once more. Not much remained of it now besides a big mess of flesh and blood.

"Never, ever, leave our village again, you hear?" He told her.

"Theses things roam the lands and you are creating them a trail to our village. I am not going to let your hunger for adventure destroy everything we have protected for so long."

Later that night, safe in her bed, she dreamt about going to the market again. Sarah hasn't been there for 10 years, but it felt like yesterday. Now she understood why she was never allowed to leave. Barely anyone in the village even knows what's happening outside the walls.. She is one of the keepers now. Protect the village. Let nobody in or out.

Grandpa said he will teach her how to kill "those who can't be killed". He said he trains the so called "Keepers" every day, to protect the village and prepare for the day they will have to make a stand. He even told her how her parents really died. By his hands.. after they were eaten and turned into 'Them'.

This boring village suddenly turned into an adventure I couldn't have possibly imagined. I hope that next week I can join the keepers on their supply run, or so they call it. Maybe I will see the Sea and the horizon.. and my dream will come true.

And she fell asleep.

RubyRed    0

This sounds like your character is pretty much bound to that village? What is that market? If the Infected are out there, why go to the market in an unsafe city?

I really love the background though. Good story (and not military)!

Tessa123    0

This sounds like your character is pretty much bound to that village? What is that market? If the Infected are out there, why go to the market in an unsafe city?

She didn't really go to a market.. That was just in her fantasy! Because long ago she used to do it and see the big city. And yeah, she still dreams to go there, to the modern society. It was to put the reader off trail to realize in the end: oh wow, she is isolated and doesn't leave the village. :P Thank you!

RubyRed    0

She didn't really go to a market.. That was just in her fantasy! Because long ago she used to do it and see the big city. And yeah, she still dreams to go there, to the modern society. It was to put the reader off trail to realize in the end: oh wow, she is isolated and doesn't leave the village. :P Thank you!

Ok, then i misunderstood. I thought she went to the market with her grandfather, who knows about the infection, therefor doesn't want her to leave, but they stil go to the market. I apologize.

Without the misunderstanding it's pretty good :)

Shad    0

I enjoyed this, nicely written. Even though English must not be your first language, it is still fluid. You should try to elaborate on the story, perhaps the next instalment could be about a fateful "Supply" trip? :)

Matt    24

Interesting story to say, really wondering what village the "Village" is though :)

Tessa123    0

Interesting story to say, really wondering what village the "Village" is though :)

Thanks! Its just a story.. I don't really know the game world, but I just imagined an isolated village somewhere deep in the forest..

Slaxx    0

I enjoyed reading you short story. I hope this transfers/transitions well into the game world. Maybe Mr. Ryans will run into you some day :-)

Sign in to follow this