Server time: 2017-08-22, 09:22

Sign in to follow this  
Maldhyr

Homes

Maldhyr    0

I was wondering whether the server consists of 'roaming' groups or that there are fixed locations where people dwell. For instance, I can imagine that people who play locals would 'pick a house' in a city as theirs and do not dwell the map everytime.

I aks this because I have two to three locations in mind where my character could 'live' and would operate from (as in going on adventures, meet others etc). I want to grow some crops and such and I realise that with persistence being off the need for this is very low but still I think that it has no use coming up with a background story, personality etc if he/she has no 'home'. (for the record, my char does have a nice starting background etc...and will develop over time, as any real char).

Mellstrom    21

My group have claimed novo as their hq where we meet up and trade with civies. Some other group have claimed the prison etc.

Its different group to group, some are nomads and some are not.

KpopKilla    69

Well when persistence was on there was plenty of places that that people settled, so hopefully with it being readded soon we'll see that again to a larger extent.

Some groups have homes or bases, or just a place they generally prefer over other places.

Myself, I dont like to stay in one place all the time, I wonder the map a fair bit.

ObeSpartan    0

For example my group had the ranch at zeleno as our home.

Lot of ppl were stalking us ( :P ) we changed our home then :c

So far I've seen both.

There are groups, who "claim" a town or area for themselves and there are groups, who roam around.

Whenever I role played as a local I always picked a hometown or even a house. It adds to your character and makes it feel more alive, because you involve the world around you.

I recommend setting up base on the edge of a town or a city with a small group, bigger group bigger area you can claim, me and a friend have a small home with a pumpkin farm on the edge of Zelenegorsk and when we want to meet people we move more into the city.

Ami.Knight    9

I've come across a few places i wouldn't mind laying claim to. But being from an off map part of chernarus my character is basically a squatter/nomad. She's claimed the tower at gm as her "bedroom" but at the same time no one would think it odd if she wasn't there for days at a time.

Maybe when persistence kicks in ill find myself a nice cabin off somewhere, but as it is she is too new to the area and wants be be around as many LIVING people as possible.

My group have claimed novo as their hq

You're not the only one.

I claimed Novo Tower back when the private shard was first bought. Me and the NFC regularly go back to make sure its not being held by bandits.

There's also two or three other groups at any given time who like to say they own it.

Thus far, I'm the only one who continues to claim it as time goes by. Others just give up or find something more interesting.

RubyRed    0

I know two guys that both have a house in Zeleno, they usally stay there as well. So there are some non-group survivors with permanent houses as well.

Maldhyr    0

Ah :-) Sweet, so (besides the wanderers and roamers) there are some who call certain places 'home' as well. I was thinking of two houses just outside (west side) of Nadezhdino or just North of Severograd.

The first one because the village is not that far from major locations, has water and is a walking distance from meat sources like Mogi and would suit the current char situation well. The second since it connects well with the lore of my char from just before the outbreak. But we'll see once we have wandered around the server a wee bit (first things first... which means getting whitelisted :-))

RubyRed    0

Ah :-) Sweet, so (besides the wanderers and roamers) there are some who call certain places 'home' as well. I was thinking of two houses just outside (west side) of Nadezhdino or just North of Severograd.

The first one because the village is not that far from major locations, has water and is a walking distance from meat sources like Mogi and would suit the current char situation well. The second since it connects well with the lore of my char from just before the outbreak. But we'll see once we have wandered around the server a wee bit (first things first... which means getting whitelisted :-))

If you don't want to get bored and still stick to your house you should chose a area, where people are around. But you will sort that out, when you join the server :)

I've always enjoyed Olsha, it's right next to Svet. Nice looking place and it's not too far from a few major towns. I think the plan'll be to set up shop there if the whitelist goes well, hunt around the area, start growing some crops, all that jazz.