Server time (UTC): 2022-01-23 14:23

Hello

Roland

• Server Manager

Hi!

Might as well introduce myself, I probably should have done it first of everyone :P

Anyhow, here it comes.

My name is Roland, I am 25 years old and I am originally from Poland, now living in Malmö, Sweden. I am a computer science student, currently finishing my bachelor degree in computer networks and protocols. I also work part-time as an android software tester at Sony Mobile.

My hobbies include programming and gaming. I love playing computer games, especially RPG, FPS and MMOs. I also like flight and train simulators, although most people find them boring or too complicated. I have a dedicated server at home which I use for various tasks, mostly as a file and printer server, VPN and a web server. In the past I have hosted a few game servers including Minecraft, World of Warcraft, Unreal Tournament and now ArmA2.

I have played the original Operation Flashpoint, as well as ArmA series. I like the series very much because of its realism compared to other shooters. I have stumbled upon DayZ when it first got released and it was very popular so I though I'd give it a try since I already owned ArmA2.

Before DayZRP I hosted an official HIVE server - SE8, but got discouraged by all the restrictions enforced by DayZ staff. I wanted to create something different from the official servers, I wanted to recreate the feeling and the atmosphere of DayZ when it first got released - where players helped each other instead of shooting on sight.

So there you have it, dear DayZRP players. I hope you enjoy the server as much as I enjoy hosting it for you.

See you in game!

I suspected you were studying computer science :) And a non-swedish heritage seemed reasonable since not many younger swedes are named Roland :D

I finished my studies at Mälardalens Högskola in Västerås in the beginning of the year and am now working in Stockholm as an IT consultant. If you need any programming help I might be able to help out. I'm comfortable in C/C++ and C#, but have also worked with JScript, Bash and other script languages.

• 3 months later...
  • Sapphire

Who is this guy?

Welcome to DayzRP, but don't get on the wrong side of teh admins and GMs... they're pretty biased!

Oh, and make sure you've read and understand the RP rules before you play!

this is a RP community, they all are honest GM's which just RP corrupt GM's, legit kill.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • MVP

Hey! Welcome to the server Rolle!

If you haven't applied to join us already, check out the Whitelist page! Also, take a look at this thread, it'll tell you what NOT to do in your application!

Make sure you take a look at this guide, it covers the basics of the server and the forum!

If I can be of any help, don't hesitate to ask!

(Heinz started.. and you got a point by the way) :troll:

Hey! Welcome to the server Rolle!

If you haven't applied to join us already, check out the Whitelist page! Also, take a look at this thread, it'll tell you what NOT to do in your application!

Make sure you take a look at this guide, it covers the basics of the server and the forum!

If I can be of any help, don't hesitate to ask!

(Heinz started.. and you got a point by the way) :troll:

lol i saw him on another server he kosd everybodi

EDIT: Just noticed I wrote this once already.

*admit defeat*

• 2 months later...
  • MVP

Hey there stranger, make sure to read the rules and behave properly around here !

Being mature and respectful towards others is the key to having fun !