Server time: 2017-10-22, 04:39
Safe Zone: OPEN

Sign in to follow this  
Chinchilla

Game error deaths?

Question

Chinchilla    77

I'm new to dayzrp, last weekend was my first time logging into the server.

HAD A FREAKING BLAST!

Until.... This dude is helping me out, we become friendly, I let him drive my truck, he took me to the prison. We go upstairs of the jail before the bridge and I'm still not sure what happened but his body was lodged inbetween the wall and the bunks.....

I was in such shock, feeling so bad for the guy that I found it hard to keep RP. It probably would have been easier if there were more people around and stuff.... I guess he technically could have died from starvation or being cold... but it looked like he ran up the stairs, head butted the wall, and died.

I'm laughing typing this, but I really do feel bad for him.

So to keep this short....er.... What's the correct way to handle stuff like this? I forget his name so I can't even reach out to him now to see exactly what did him in.

Obviously gotta keep it RP, but I can't be the first person something like this happened to ya?

4 answers to this question

Diggy    0

yeah it's a bit of a tricky situation. If your by yourself it's a bit of an immersion breaker, but if people are around and you think it could have been a glitch death I like to tell people the person may have slipped and knocked themselves out or something similar. If you meet the person again just pretend you lost him or something and see how he explains what happened. That's what I would do.

Actually you kinda die in game due to glitches, there has been glitches where going to the top of the tower of the prison will ruin both your legs and shoes. Sometimes there's a glitch where people just for no reason die at all, I died once at the airfield getting out of the truck, no one was around I just kinda fainted after coming out of the truck. I was healthy and whatnot, but the game is in alpha. I think it's best to look at the guy and rp that he suicided, I like the think that if I found a glitch death, I would usually say "man... I'm sorry, i should have helped if I could"

Chinchilla    77

Thanks fellas!

Vandy    34

Thanks fellas!

I'm glad the community helped answerring your question.

Just as stated as above, when people die from glitches or whatsoever, roleplay it out. Rp they fainted, fell down the stairs or what so ever. Don't exagerate, but at least don't try to metagame.

It is indeed fairly frustrating, but that is what comes with an alpha game...

/solved