Server time: 2017-10-22, 04:41
Safe Zone: OPEN

Sign in to follow this  
MorganM

Clans/Groups

Question

MorganM    0

I'm still awaiting to repost my application (soon) but in the meantime I had a question I wanted to ask.

- " What are the main big clans of DayzRP? I saw many of the pages have applications (as is customary). Does this mean I have to apply ooc or can I just join ic? Both?"

Thank you all for your time,

- Morgan

11 answers to this question

Guest Phalix   
Guest Phalix

Depends. You can join OOC(typically involves making new character, but you can keep your own depending on the group). Or if you meet them IG, just ask to tag along, hang out, get to know them, then ask to join(on forum and ingame)

And for "main big clans" it's all biased opinions.

I'm in OREL, so I'll say OREL

I'm sure Siorre would come saying "85'th" and so on.

It's all opinion.

Cid    333

/moving to Questions

Kanye    14

As far as I'm concerned, no one has reall emerged as a really large clan as of SA. In the mod we had SVR, CLF, SDS, B-17, FM, CRA and so on. There are large groups but none that are really widely known. Inmates were big for a while but they are gone now.

It's all opinion.

Rad is spot on here, this is all opinion based. Due to the dynamic groups there really aren't many set groups of people. "The Irish" is tossed around a lot in game, I haven't heard of 85'th before or OREL so this perfectly illustrates his point.

A major cause of clan popularity/Infamy is reports. Due to the lack of ClanCP, clans don't really get reported anymore. In mod there were tons of "SDS did it, or CRA KOS" reports (no hate). Best way to find out is exploring the map. Big clans is a relative term, find who influences your RP the most, that is your answer.

MorganM    0

Cid, sorry for posting in the wrong section my bad. Still learning the forum.

As for you Radec, considering I have not made a character yet , what are your clan's motivations/requirements?

As far as I'm concerned, no one has reall emerged as a really large clan as of SA. In the mod we had SVR, CLF, SDS, B-17, FM, CRA and so on. There are large groups but none that are really widely known. Inmates were big for a while but they are gone now.

It's all opinion.

Rad is spot on here, this is all opinion based. Due to the dynamic groups there really aren't many set groups of people. "The Irish" is tossed around a lot in game, I haven't heard of 85'th before or OREL so this perfectly illustrates his point.

A major cause of clan popularity/Infamy is reports. Due to the lack of ClanCP, clans don't really get reported anymore. In mod there were tons of "SDS did it, or CRA KOS" reports (no hate). Best way to find out is exploring the map. Big clans is a relative term, find who influences your RP the most, that is your answer.

Alright that seems like an intelligent philosophy.

Franklin    8

Hey Morgan. There's no true answer about the big main groups. Each group has its pros and cons and it also depends on your liking as well. With applying for groups, if they state on their thread that they recruit IC then IC is what you have to do, find them in game etc. With OOC they usually have a template that you'll have fill out and send to the person in charge.

Does this answer your question?

Hollows    453

http://www.dayzrp.com/t-w-i-p-the-regulators-prison-guards-open

We're not a humongous group, but we do have a very strong base and lore cemented down, and we are well known as of late if you're interested in some unique RP focused around the rehabilitation of captured and convicted criminals for a better life as opposed to an outright execution.

Guest Phalix   
Guest Phalix

It's easier to just look through the list of clans in "Groups" and "Group Ideas" for a clan that suits your play style.

MorganM    0

Thanks Franklin and everybody else, I am actually currently looking at the Clans/Groups list. You've all been very helpful and it's nice to meet you guys.

As for your suggestion Ryan let me read up on your page. However I don't want to apply until I've been officially accepted (I do not ant to waste your time.).

Thanks to all!

Also Radec, do you speak french?

Franklin    8

No worries Morgan. We're always here to help :)

/marked as solved

Guest Phalix   
Guest Phalix

Also Radec, do you speak french?

Je parle peu francais

Only what I learn in school.

Glad we can help with your question.

Hofer    20

I also believe the fact that we have four different servers split up the groups even more, which doesn't make one of them superior to the others.