Server time: 2017-08-18, 16:37

Sign in to follow this  
mindkiller7811

Character Idea

Would being a pain killer addict be a good role play character. If so it would be cool for it to be my weakness because I would do anything for my fix :D otherwise I'll go mad if I don't.

Tell me what you think.

weedy wine    4

Sounds cool to me :) Could be cranky all the time because of it. And ask everyone you meet *pretending to be causal but little shifty* if they have some pain pills you could trade for. Then provide too many reasons why you need them. :)

SatansNightOut    105

Nothing wrong with that---aside from the obvious health issues, heh.

This useless information may or may not help: tolerance to opiates builds REALLY fast. Of course, there are other analgesics aside from opiates, but that's the main type you'll find.

All in all, it's not what you say, but how you say it. Always good to do a bit of research on the subject too. You don't have to be a scholar on the subject, but having a basic idea of how it works is helpful. ^_^

Good luck, have fun. :)

Destinwolf    13

Do you think you could RP as someone with character and personality that happens to be a painkiller addict? I've come across too many people IG that find groups of people to showcase their drug addiction. It's really quite annoying. If you're going to do it, at least try to make your character have some personality other than popping pills and acting like an idiot in front of people.

Thanks guys for telling me what you thought, I'll be sure to take this into account and surely have fun while role-playing :D Just got to wait till I'm white-listed.

Do you think you could RP as someone with character and personality that happens to be a painkiller addict? I've come across too many people IG that find groups of people to showcase their drug addiction. It's really quite annoying. If you're going to do it, at least try to make your character have some personality other than popping pills and acting like an idiot in front of people.

I'll be sure to make it really creative :D

Nothing wrong with that---aside from the obvious health issues, heh.

This useless information may or may not help: tolerance to opiates builds REALLY fast. Of course, there are other analgesics aside from opiates, but that's the main type you'll find.

All in all, it's not what you say, but how you say it. Always good to do a bit of research on the subject too. You don't have to be a scholar on the subject, but having a basic idea of how it works is helpful. ^_^

Good luck, have fun. :)

This information is very helpful and I thank you for that :D

Sounds cool to me :) Could be cranky all the time because of it. And ask everyone you meet *pretending to be causal but little shifty* if they have some pain pills you could trade for. Then provide too many reasons why you need them. :)

Thanks weedy for the tip, I'll definitely be using it :D

TheRusski    0

I think this is a great idea. The only trick is not falling into the stereotypical addict that is constantly scratching at that itch, looking for the next fix of morphine or snorting water purification tablets. Many addicts have stories of redemption or using multi-step programs to cure their affliction. You have to consider all of the angles and perspectives a user might face. Perhaps a cured addict sinking into a relapse would provide an interesting take on the rather popular topic? Best of luck with the character!

x50xtowel    0

Yea I like the idea as well man! I thought about doing this but with beer and be an alcoholic. Can't wait to run around acting like I'm drunk falling over for no reason xD

Yea I like the idea as well man! I thought about doing this but with beer and be an alcoholic. Can't wait to run around acting like I'm drunk falling over for no reason xD

LoL that's not a bad idea aswell :D

I think this is a great idea. The only trick is not falling into the stereotypical addict that is constantly scratching at that itch, looking for the next fix of morphine or snorting water purification tablets. Many addicts have stories of redemption or using multi-step programs to cure their affliction. You have to consider all of the angles and perspectives a user might face. Perhaps a cured addict sinking into a relapse would provide an interesting take on the rather popular topic? Best of luck with the character!

Thanks man I really appreciate the tip. I was thinking more like finding any way possible to getting my fix. Meaning I would have to show some aggression just to get what I desire at any opportunity.

I try not use my morphine now I like a somewhat clear head so use a splint

has issues with rasputin though an alcahol tinature drinks it falls ill :P

Vandy    34

I have seen people portraying addictions before. I have seen them doing it very good, and I have seen them doing it very poor.

What I would suggest, when rp'ing as such an addict, you would like to keep your flaw hidden. For instance, just don't go up towards a doctor and shout: "Doctor doctor, give me morphine, I need it now!!!! I can't live without it!" (trust me, I have encountered such "rp"). Instead, you rather would try to hide your addiction and go towards a doctor, asking for a spare injector. As you seem it fit to have with oyu as a first aid instrument. Or to complete your first aid kit. This feels way more realistic! And trust me, that one person that tried this with me, actually walked away with the morphine. Little did I know he was an addict...

People making their character addicted to something is good for roleplay because its more of a reason to approach people and ask for whatever you are addicted to and I have also seen people do this very well.

I have seen people portraying addictions before. I have seen them doing it very good, and I have seen them doing it very poor.

What I would suggest, when rp'ing as such an addict, you would like to keep your flaw hidden. For instance, just don't go up towards a doctor and shout: "Doctor doctor, give me morphine, I need it now!!!! I can't live without it!" (trust me, I have encountered such "rp"). Instead, you rather would try to hide your addiction and go towards a doctor, asking for a spare injector. As you seem it fit to have with oyu as a first aid instrument. Or to complete your first aid kit. This feels way more realistic! And trust me, that one person that tried this with me, actually walked away with the morphine. Little did I know he was an addict...

That's almost how I was going to play it out. I was going to act as an injured person then make a little noise as I'm injecting to imply I have a serious issue.

People making their character addicted to something is good for roleplay because its more of a reason to approach people and ask for whatever you are addicted to and I have also seen people do this very well.

I could only expect some people doing this only because It would be a crazy experience how you would approach someone asking for pills like if you were actually a real addict.