Server time: 2017-08-17, 23:35

Sign in to follow this  
MorganM

Hello there!

Question

MorganM    0

To the DayzRP Community,

I applied yesterday and was rebutted on account of some non clarified rules.

More specifically:

"You have failed to or incorrectly explained the NLR rule exclusion zone. You have failed to or incorrectly explained the KoS rule about protecting hostages. You have failed to or incorrectly explained the KoS rule about revenge rights. "

Anyhow I made my correction and am now waiting for the counter to tick away.

In the meantime I thought I would ask if anybody was willing to give me a review.

(Don't want to be rebutted a second time and potentially lose the chance to become a part of this wonderful community.)

Here's my application, Thanks Guys!:

New Life Rule:

- What: The new life rule surrounding the events occuring after the death of a character. If the character has not been premanently killed, the player's character must simply lose all memories of the death. The player cannot return to anywhere within 1 km of the site of death for 90 minutes and must act as if the events had not transpired. The player cannot meta-gae and dennounce his killers to anybody. The player cannot seek petty revenge for any actions commited against him before his demise. Server restarts have no effect on the 90 minutes that must pass before one can return to the zone of death.

It is important to remember that your character still retains prior knowledge of friends/events/enemies/people before the event of death.

- Why: This rule is set in place to avoid players taking petty revenge on their killers after dying. Obiously in real life, dead men cannot take revenge. However to avoid having to make new charcters after every death, non perma deaths simply come with the side effect of amnesia. This also avoids players coming back for their loot.

KoS (Kill On Sight):

- What: Killing on Sight is a common rule used in roleplay communities. Players are often incited to shoot others by the tense atmosphere of the game, and so limits need to be placed on hostile actions. Players must always confront others directly (text chat/voice chat) before combat. Players can kill others only if the other party does not comply with their demands. Each demand must be made clearly and hostile action only tken dring non compliance. Players can also search for revenge based on their involvement in a previous hostile action by the other party. However they must have been in the group of the victims and within 500 meters of the situation. For example just because you are a friend of somebody who was robbed, if you were not within a 500 meter zone, you cannot take action against the robbers.

If hostile action is taken against your character you are allowed to seek revenge after 120 minutes (2 hours) have passed.

If Hostages are taken they must be kept alive and in standard health. This means giving food/bandaging hostages. Also unless there is a good rp reason for doing so (unrespected commands towards the hostage for example.) the kidnappers cannot kill the hostage. Finally the hostages must be protected from environmental threats. This means you are not allowed to knowingly subject the hostage to zombies in order to kill him (loopholes are not allowed, use common sense).

- Why: This rule is set in place to encourage rp, even in tense situations, instead of the crude and often unengaging death matches that are common place in the normal game.

Morgan Mosh MacMillan was born in 1994 San Francisco California. He had a very nice childhood and lived in a stable family. His parents were young and didn't have very much money but they still gave him a life that any child would enjoy. He spent alot of time outside and they went camping together quite often in the surrounding redwood forests. He learned loads of skills from the time they spent there, as well as the time he consequently spent as a Boy Scout later in his teen years. However he was always plagued by an emotional distance. He was kind however any good pysch would have been able to tell you there was darkness in his mind. Unnoticed by his loving parents he never got any mental help.

Eventually it was time for him to go off to college where he wanted to study Journalism. So he headed off to Montreal to go to one of their Colleges. A few months in he was happily studying Journalism when he was asked by a professor if he was interested in an overseas reporting trip to Chernarus. He would be on the set of a BBC documentary. Hooked on the idea he immediately headed off saying goodbye to family and friends and flying to Chernarus. They stayed at the INternational Hotel and all was well. That is until the zombie Apocalypse began. The tv crew were stranded in the hotel for weeks until their defense finally fell to looters and they were forced to flee. Separated from his coworkers he attempted to survive. In this time of great tension his darkness began to tear the social construct that had kept him in line. He was intelligent, kind, even generous. But he was also deeply insane and a darkness gripped his mind. There were many "friends" who ended up little more than a charred corpse and a discarded bag.

I want to join DAYZRP out of both a love of the universe and gameplay that define Dayz but also my long standing appreciation of good roleplaying. I've been eyeing this community for a while and the staff seem disciplined and helpful, videos I've seen from players show interesting scenarios and complex faction dynamics. I want to be part of this amazing and interesting world you guys have created. I'm really excited to see Dayz in a whole new light.

Anyway, thanks for considering my application.

- Best Regards

9 answers to this question

weedy wine    4

Novice here. But just managed to get whitelisted. It all looks pretty good, in my newbie opinion. But maybe add an example to this part

Players can also search for revenge based on their involvement in a previous hostile action by the other party. However they must have been in the group of the victims and within 500 meters of the situation.

Just to make it clear you get it? I read a lot of posts recommending a lot of examples. And since you already got rejected once for this piece of the app, maybe an example couldn't hurt? Or disregard, again, very noobie :P

MorganM    0

Novice here. But just managed to get whitelisted. It all looks pretty good, in my newbie opinion. But maybe add an example to this part

Players can also search for revenge based on their involvement in a previous hostile action by the other party. However they must have been in the group of the victims and within 500 meters of the situation.

Just to make it clear you get it? I read a lot of posts recommending a lot of examples. And since you already got rejected once for this piece of the app, maybe an example couldn't hurt? Or disregard, again, very noobie :P

Oh we're all noobies in the beginning right? In any case you seem like an intelligent fellow and I'd gladly take your advice. Thanks for the tip.

Merci!

You forgot a 2 very important piece of the KoS rule. Please review the following rule and tell me which part you forgot to add to your description.

You have to make contact with the target before initiating a hostile action against it. You must make your hostile intention clear and unambiguous and state each demand before you can harm the victim(s) for non-compliance.

You can take revenge for a hostile action taken against you for 2 hours from the time hostile action was taken, as long as it does not conflict with the other rules.

MorganM    0

You forgot a very important piece of the KoS rule. Please review the following rule and tell me which part you forgot to add to your description.

You have to make contact with the target before initiating a hostile action against it. You must make your hostile intention clear and unambiguous and state each demand before you can harm the victim(s) for non-compliance.

I would think it was the part about initiating contact before hostile action can be taken. I suppose I just took that part for granted.

If I'm correct thank you very much for your aid, Whiskey.

- Morgan

MorganM    0

I updated my original post. Please review the second part of the rule you forgot to add.

Ah ok, though when I asked a staff member they said that direct attack could be directly confronted. For example: if somebody mistakenly shoots you.

I would site a recent DayzRP video where a guy jokes about being a cannibal and is shot at by another man. The rest of the group then immediately turn on the shooter. Is this allowed?

In any case I'll include all specifities regardless. Thank you once again for your aid.

Edit: Just edited the application. Thanks everybody.

UPDATE: I just saw that you added the second recommendation. I will add this last tip. You should add more than one example for each rule. In-game examples are your friend.

MorganM    0

No, something else in that second portion I sent you is more important.

Firstly, sorry for wasting your time Whiskey. I just want to get this right. Your help is greatly appreciated.

However the only thing left (literally) is the part about making each demand clear before hurting somebody for non compliance. And I mentioned that.

EDIT: Ah okay, perfect then. Thank you very much for your help Whiskey.

EDIT #2: Alright more examples, fantastic. Thanks for your time. Really great job, you community helpers are really great.

That is not a problem. I don't think I saw, "If hostile action is taken against your character you are allowed to seek revenge after 120 minutes (2 hours) have passed" the first time. I wish you luck on your application. Marked as solved.