Server time: 2017-08-23, 19:40

Sign in to follow this  
brensta9

Bandit Role

Question

11 answers to this question

Just so long as you follow the rules, you will be alright. Robbery is great RP when done right, but obviously the classic 'Drop Weps 10 Secs' is tedious and doesn't make someone's day, whereas a great session can.

Well, for starters, your best bet is not to go into it planning to play a bandit, but rather play a character that's resorting to banditry.

If you want to engage in banditry, create the character first, then come up with a reasonable justification for the character to resort to robbing people. Why he does it, how he rationalizes it with himself, what steps he takes to ethically and morally justify stealing from people when he does it, that sort of thing.

As stated, Bandit is one of the most, if not the most difficult roles to play on the server. If done right, as Lucia and Stock stated it is great RP. If done improperly, or wrong you can end up in reports and removed from the community.

Before robbing ask yourself these simple questions.

Why am I robbing this person? What does he/she have that I need.

Do I really need it? Is this something I can do without?

Is it worth risking my life over?

Look it as a real life situation. If I have a gun and ammunition. Would I rob someone else for a gun with ammunition? I think not.

PwnCaiks101    0

When you rob someone, give yourself a reason to- and give the person your robbing excellent RP. Make it your RP so well done out they don't care they were robbed. It should be enjoyable for both sides.

There's alot of indepth guides around just about banditry/robberys.

http://www.dayzrp.com/t-chernov-s-bandit-guide

http://www.dayzrp.com/t-initiations-the-good-the-bad-and-the-drop-weps-10-secs?highlight=bandit

Guest Doug Quade   
Guest Doug Quade

http://www.dayzrp.com/t-chernov-s-bandit-guide

Read this guide. It is about 95% or more spot on. Too many bandits on here, clearly have never read this. On behalf of the community, follow this motto. Roleplay > Gear ! Do not do drop weapons 10 seconds to comply robberies. There are too many of those already.

Act like a total psychopath, if you don't want to go all classic "drop everything 10 secs or your brain gets blown" you can always try to hold the man up, break his legs and act like a total psychopath. Rob him when you handcuff him and then beat him with a bat for a little bit. Don't kill him tho, just torture him and leave him there after you're done. If you accidentally killed him, it'll be counted as KoS unless he gave him a warning beforehand that if he did something you don't like, you'll put a bullet or beat him to death

SatansNightOut    105

I agree with Lucia: You shouldn't join and become a bandit right off the bat. Sure, it sounds like a thrilling, exciting lifestyle, but most people that become instant bandits end up screwing up in some way or another simply because they don't what to expect or how to go about it.

My advice goes with Lucia's: Play a regular character for awhile until you get a feel for the ropes and how other bandits perform.

Volke    132

There has been a lot of useful guides and opinions of how to rp a bandit. If your new here, perhaps check out some guides about it.

Do you feel your question is answered?

Roach    1558

Since the OP has not responded and seeing the quality responses and obvious only answers to give, I will mark this as solved.

/solved

given that the OP has not logged on to the forums since lat night I feel you should wait before solving this thread as he may have other questions.

my advice to the OP if you are adamant about playing as a bandit a few bits of advice for you,

Record as many encounters as you can, some people do not enjoy losing gear no matter how good the Roleplay in the situation is.

Make sure you have a clear understanding of the rules and how they work. it is very easy to get carried away and over step your mark.

should you have any other questions regarding banditry feel free to PM me

Sin    114

Act like a total psychopath, if you don't want to go all classic "drop everything 10 secs or your brain gets blown" you can always try to hold the man up, break his legs and act like a total psychopath. Rob him when you handcuff him and then beat him with a bat for a little bit. Don't kill him tho, just torture him and leave him there after you're done. If you accidentally killed him, it'll be counted as KoS unless he gave him a warning beforehand that if he did something you don't like, you'll put a bullet or beat him to death

:NO: