Server time: 2017-10-21, 03:24
Safe Zone: OPENING SOON

Sign in to follow this  
Ami.Knight

LOS and combat logging.

Question

Ami.Knight    9

Got a quick question regarding breaking line of sight and or combat logging. Is it considered combat logging if you are known to be in area but enemy cannot find you for the 15 minute duration before logging.

And also if you log into a hostile situation and hostile players do not know you are present are you allowed to log out again or would that be combat logging?

Example would be logging in on the tower at gm while it is being raided but no one knows you have shown up. Or at one point I Was on prison island laying in a bush next to a wall while people were running around. Not hostile in this case but they never saw me there.

5 answers to this question

PwnCaiks101    0

" Is it considered combat logging if you are known to be in area but enemy cannot find you for the 15 minute duration before logging. "

You cant assume they won't find you! But if they don't, you can log out.

"And also if you log into a hostile situation and hostile players do not know you are present are you allowed to log out again or would that be combat logging?"

I don't really know, but I assume if you were not initiated on/involved and are not seen when you spawn in- then it would be alright to log back out.

I think it's fine if they aren't searching for you in particular, or they're raiding a place when you log in. I suggest hiding for about 10 mins once you log in if you can incase they saw you. If they don't go for you, log out. im sure it's not your fault to get robbed or killed just because you were at the wrong place at the wrong times. But if you want a memorable RP experience, probably the worst people can be the best experience in RP

Got a quick question regarding breaking line of sight and or combat logging. Is it considered combat logging if you are known to be in area but enemy cannot find you for the 15 minute duration before logging.

No. They have 15 minutes to find you. If they fail to find you within 15 minutes, you are considered to have "escaped" even if they're searching the area twenty meters away from you.

And also if you log into a hostile situation and hostile players do not know you are present are you allowed to log out again or would that be combat logging?

No, and in fact, depending on the situation, you're actually expected to log out, switch servers, and move to a neutral location where you're no longer able to influence the conflict. Logging into an ongoing conflict can potentially give you a tactical advantage, which is ghosting.

Ami.Knight    9

Mainly ask because I "sleep" in the tower at GM. And it gets raided so often. That I figure best to ask before it happens.

Lucia Moore has given you a good answer. Marked as solved.

BEST ANSWER

No. They have 15 minutes to find you. If they fail to find you within 15 minutes, you are considered to have "escaped" even if they're searching the area twenty meters away from you.

No, and in fact, depending on the situation, you're actually expected to log out, switch servers, and move to a neutral location where you're no longer able to influence the conflict. Logging into an ongoing conflict can potentially give you a tactical advantage, which is ghosting.