Server time (UTC): 2021-10-21 06:03

• MVP

The Journalist

5wWyvbH.jpg?2

David Kingsley is a British freelance journalist that had been researching a story on the aftermath of the recent invasion of Chernarus, by the Russians.

His career had taken him to Kuwait, Iraq, Colombia and Takistan previously.

Stranded, he now wanders the land with only his possessions that remain; the clothes on his back, his camera equipment and plenty of spare batteries.

What else is there left to do but to document this so the future generations can see what ordinary people had to overcome.

hPsrayh.jpg?1

Update:

The aim of this is to showcase the Role Play on the server.

I want to do this as much as possible in my spare time but cannot guarantee how often. I plan to go on the server unannounced and film for my own entertainment and I also am happy to create documentaries for groups/ individuals if I feel there is a demand to see them in action.

PM your interest and I will respond back frankly and honestly. I cannot promise to do everyone but like I said, I aspire to do as much as possible.

If you see me, wave to the camera!

• MVP

I like it. What happened to the good doctor?

I might take a break from the Doctor and see how this pans out. The problem with the good Doctor is that he tends to avoid conflicts and meeting other characters and focusing on his medic duties in group and searching for the reanimated cadavers of his family.

Ideally I would love to have them both on the go at once but that might not be feasible.

Besides we need to document the Role Play on the server to promote it and bring new people in.

• Emerald

I like it. What happened to the good doctor?

I might take a break from the Doctor and see how this pans out. The problem with the good Doctor is that he tends to avoid conflicts and meeting other characters and focusing on his medic duties in group and searching for the reanimated cadavers of his family.

Ideally I would love to have them both on the go at once but that might not be feasible.

Besides we need to document the Role Play on the server to promote it and bring new people in.

Me and some of the iN guys are considering having secondary characters for certain functions in Injected. I don't feel right planting tank traps as The Employer. Seems like he'd be delegating everything from behind the scenes. The puppeteer in the mist.

I like it, SumoS. We've got some other stuff planned as well. Lemme know if you wanna cooperate for an event. I hope you've bought the journalist skin in the donation exchange!

• MVP

nice idea, i like it. the RP possibilities for this are endless, you could release a steady series of vidoes, like a journal.

That's hopefully the idea.

I want to give everyone a chance to RP their characters. Groups and individuals.

Imagine being able to film a firefight from the perspective of a non-combatant with very little risk of being killed (if done correctly).

Being able to showcase all of this and create videos where we can promote positive RP.

I'm thinking about having an international news reporter character (possibly from 'The Onion' so it'd be satire xD)

Yeah, sure thing. I wanted to do this back when S-GRU was around (they would've been hilarious) but SDS and some of these newer groups should be interesting enough :D

• Emerald

Yeah, sure thing. I wanted to do this back when S-GRU was around (they would've been hilarious) but SDS and some of these newer groups should be interesting enough :D

Hulking black Somalian: "Oi! Cameraman! Come heeuh!"

Pushes you into a crouch in front of a kneeling prisoner.

"Look him in eye!"

Aim camera straight at the face of scared, shaking prisoner.

Queue the crack of a 9mm.

• MVP

SumoS.... No. Fucking. Way!

I made this thread today, right? http://www.dayzrp.com/t-can-i-have-multiple-characters

Well, guess what my idea was for the character I wanted to play. A fucking journalist. Now I feel really unoriginal.

Damn you! :D

Fuck sorry dude. Even mine isn't original!

I believe Avah got there before me but I'm just trying to do this for other reasons than streaming :P

If there is enough interest why not get a few to do it. Have your own background and look at things from different angles

• MVP

SumoS.... No. Fucking. Way!

I made this thread today, right? http://www.dayzrp.com/t-can-i-have-multiple-characters

Well, guess what my idea was for the character I wanted to play. A fucking journalist. Now I feel really unoriginal.

Damn you! :D

I believe Avah got there before me but I'm just trying to do this for other reasons than streaming :P

If there is enough interest why not get a few to do it. Have your own background and look at things from different angles

No need to be sorry. You have as much right to be a journalist as I have. It was just the coincidence that surprised me. :D

• Emerald

This is a very interesting idea. I like it and I'll definitely check it out.

Hulking black Somalian: "Oi! Cameraman! Come heeuh!"

Pushes you into a crouch in front of a kneeling prisoner.

"Look him in eye!"

Aim camera straight at the face of scared, shaking prisoner.

Queue the crack of a 9mm.

9 mm? Pfft. .45 ACP, bitch.

• MVP

First time I've seen you in Chernarus. Are you going to do a story on the Trade Post killing?

I experienced the incident first hand. I was the closest to Raun when he got killed (I was guarding the chopper while he was taking a nap), and I got hit myself too. That makes me kind of famous, and I'd understand if you want to interview me.

Thanks for the SA58 CCO by the way. Much better than my Bison.

• Legend

Indeed, there was a guy doing it well before Avah showed up too. It's a perennial favorite role. Any why not? It makes total sense! There's plenty of room for more than one reporter in Chernarus.

You should cover the recent murder at TP, and the shock operations against SDS by Auxiliary Group and SRF (with help from CLF and RF)