Server time: 2018-09-26, 09:39

Sign in to follow this  
Henke1000

[S3] KoS, underage player, badRP - Zelenogorsk

First of all solely based on my voice you cant tell my age and in fact when i was accept there was NOT a age limit. So heres my POV. We are roleplaying in zelengorsk with a group of 5 and all of the sudden this police officer goes hay wire he shouts LOWER YOUR WEAPON and at this point in time my sks was lower and i was asking him what are you talking about all of out weapons are lowered. So at this point he keeps shouting that then he says put your weapons on the ground, so a man from the side comes with his ak raised and they were just doing a tango until Bob came around and shot the police officer for clearly initiating on us a showing hostile threat.

I said possible underage, as not in you actually are. Your voice does not sound the age of 16 or over. I was interacting with you as you and your friends came around my back to shoot me or whatever. You called me retard when you said you had your gun down, but you just had it lowerd i wanted it hostlerd which i would of done. Read my previous posts.

Henke1000 i suggest you not go formal you initiated on us then we tried to get you to lower your weapons, we gave you at least 25 seconds which is more than enough time.

Henke1000 i suggest you not go formal you initiated on us then we tried to get you to lower your weapons, we gave you at least 25 seconds which is more than enough time.

I'm going formal, you might not agree upon what i have to say. But 25 seconds is not enough time as, i said before your friends were going behind my back with weapons while we we're agreeing upon something, it does not mean i will shoot anyone becuase of i aimed a gun at you. Telling me i will be killed if i do not comply is a much better way of solving it than shooting me in the head, it just makes for a bad experience for me and just not fair.

No sound is present due to copyright i'm guessing but footage of the incident is here. http://www.twitch.tv/hatchbackbandit/b/627895525 Skip towards 02:51:10 and it ends at 02:52:10 You could see i was clearly attempting to move out of the area, but Bob gets a clear shot on my head. Yep i do not call this fair or self defence. Bob had a clear chance of telling me to surrender.

Just to let you know friend you were not kos'd we shot you because you initiated on us and told us to put our weapons down.

Now let's get this straight, you confront a big group of people and start off hostile. In hatch's video you don't look to be "backing away" but more so looking for cover as you were already flanked. It is clear you came off as hostile, even with the "Drop your weapons" line leaving your mouth. It is said before by many staff that if that is said with hostile intent (ie. gun raised and vocals) it is an initiation.

It clearly shows that you demanded them to drop their weapons, and with someone who they just met raising his weapon at friends and people who help him survive it is in his RP power to shoot you. He already had KoS rights, and he damn well has a good enough RP reason to act upon those KoS rights. He was not trigger happy, he was protecting those who help him live in the apocalypse.

You have no valid reason for a report, not all RP events go your way. You don't have the ability to control someone's actions and they have their rights to act as they please.

All together with what is provided from both parties, the kill is valid and Charles Barkley voice might not sound of age but that isn't valid enough to report him. Unless you have some solid information it won't go anywhere, going formal would just waste staff's time and the communities time. I suggest you re-think your approach.

Now let's get this straight, you confront a big group of people and start off hostile. In hatch's video you don't look to be "backing away" but more so looking for cover as you were already flanked. It is clear you came off as hostile, even with the "Drop your weapons" line leaving your mouth. It is said before by many staff that if that is said with hostile intent (ie. gun raised and vocals) it is an initiation.

It clearly shows that you demanded them to drop their weapons, and with someone who they just met raising his weapon at friends and people who help him survive it is in his RP power to shoot you. He already had KoS rights, and he damn well has a good enough RP reason to act upon those KoS rights. He was not trigger happy, he was protecting those who help him live in the apocalypse.

You have no valid reason for a report, not all RP events go your way. You don't have the ability to control someone's actions and they have their rights to act as they please.

All together with what is provided from both parties, the kill is valid and Charles Barkley voice might not sound of age but that isn't valid enough to report him. Unless you have some solid information it won't go anywhere, going formal would just waste staff's time and the communities time. I suggest you re-think your approach.

Hostler their weapons, not drop their weapons. I said i meant them no harm and was going to leave, i was clearly trying to back away and get out of there but they didn't let me, They had no reason to kill me on sight. Just because i aimed a gun at someone does not give them rights to kill me. About the underage thing, i did not say he was or proven he is, i'm saying he is possible to be underage, that's up to the admins to decide not you. I said "let me go out of here and nobody will get hurt" They did not reply instead they said "put the gun down" which i would if we would of agreed on doing it in the same time, they were way too hostile to begin with and did not take it slow and did not let me speak instead they shot me dead. Hear my voice again http://www.twitch.tv/henry115/c/6170635 I will go formal becuase this will is not a waste of time. This is a waste of good roleplay. Everything happend in 30 seconds, and that was not a good enough reason to kill me. Poor rp in my opinion. Anyways i'm not here to disscuss anymore as i am done, and i have repeated myself many times. I will go formal no questions asked.

You seem to be unsure on how reports work regarding going formal.

so let me help.

Put [Formal] in the title of report.Once the 24hrs are up staff will move it formal

Initiating on a superior force always carries the risk of your being killed. Hell, initiating period has its risks, it's why I never do it :P

Clearly your lacking a understanding on how reports work.

Put [Formal] in the title of report.Once the 24hrs are up staff will move it formal

Wow, really? Is that sort of tone necessary? He's done reports before, I think he knows how formal reporting works. Maybe he's just not ready to go formal quite yet. Let's stay on topic of the actual event rather than bickering about how many reports the guy makes or whether or not he knows how the process works.

Initiating on a superior force always carries the risk of your being killed. Hell, initiating period has its risks, it's why I never do it :P

Clearly your lacking a understanding on how reports work.

Wow, really? Is that sort of tone necessary? He's done reports before, I think he knows how formal reporting works. Maybe he's just not ready to go formal quite yet. Let's stay on topic of the actual event rather than bickering about how many reports the guy makes or whether or not he knows how the process works.

He has mentioned a few times now about wanting it formal, so this is why my comment was there. Re-reading it perhaps it looks harsh.. Edited to suit

Hostler their weapons, not drop their weapons. I said i meant them no harm and was going to leave, i was clearly trying to back away and get out of there but they didn't let me, They had no reason to kill me on sight. Just because i aimed a gun at someone does not give them rights to kill me. About the underage thing, i did not say he was or proven he is, i'm saying he is possible to be underage, that's up to the admins to decide not you. I said "let me go out of here and nobody will get hurt" They did not reply instead they said "put the gun down" which i would if we would of agreed on doing it in the same time, they were way too hostile to begin with and did not take it slow and did not let me speak instead they shot me dead. Hear my voice again http://www.twitch.tv/henry115/c/6170635 I will go formal becuase this will is not a waste of time. This is a waste of good roleplay. Everything happend in 30 seconds, and that was not a good enough reason to kill me. Poor rp in my opinion. Anyways i'm not here to disscuss anymore as i am done, and i have repeated myself many times. I will go formal no questions asked.

30 seconds is enough time and with multiple times telling you to drop your gun you had your chance to atleast lower it and to put it on your back. Since you refused multiple times the demands of my group members and still initiated on us I had the right to shoot you. There wasn't much to RP since it was either the feeling you or us... Could you perhaps explain how you would've like to see it solve in "Your Good RP way"?

After listening to the audio I agree that generally speaking if this situation had happened in real life the lone guy against a group could of very well been shot dead as a resolution to this situation. However in the spirit of DayzRP from what I understand killing people should not be your first but last option and that the admins/community prefer an RP resolution. There are damage/kill logs if this one guy would have opened fire on you he clearly would have been reported and temp banned for NVFL, so in DayzRP there was not real reason to kill him.

I also am of the opinion that simply pointing a gun at someone in DayzRP should not grant you KOS rights. An initiator if they mean to rob or harm you need to clearly state their intentions. If no intentions are spoken, no demands to drop your stuff to have it stolen are made or your life is not directly threatened, I would say KOS rights should not be granted. In DayzRP I see a gun pointed at me as a warning and not an imminent threat.

*EDIT, Additional thoughts:

Personally being a part of the bigger group I would have taken the initiative to use the group numbers to pacify the situation and talked this guy down with reason and not force. Then after the situation was calm you could have let him go about his business or taken him hostage. I would have personally chose to take him hostage bring him to a secluded location and interrogated him forcefully. You don't have to kill or rob everyone you technically can. That's just my 2 cents.

30 seconds is enough time and with multiple times telling you to drop your gun you had your chance to atleast lower it and to put it on your back. Since you refused multiple times the demands of my group members and still initiated on us I had the right to shoot you. There wasn't much to RP since it was either the feeling you or us... Could you perhaps explain how you would've like to see it solve in "Your Good RP way"?

Letting me move out of the way, also letting me explain, which i clearly didn't have enough time to react upon. I did not refuse, i wanted to lower it as we both did it in the same time. Calling me "retard" idiot" after killing me does not help help the roleplay. 30 Seconds while i was talking, is not enough time. And is BadRP in my opinion.

We do not always reply. Stand by for formal moving/or closure at our earliest convenience.

This is now a FORMAL report

Do not post unless you're directly involved and have relevant information to add

This is now a FORMAL report

Do not post unless you're directly involved and have relevant information to add

I believe the discussion is over at this point. Unless someone else has something to state, otherwise i think it's up to the admins/GM to decide if this is a punishable offence or not.

Verdict:

No Punishment

Reason:

The Video from Hatch has no voice; the Video from you is only in voice.

Listening to it, it seems like you had more then enough time to lower your weapon. Looking at the video, you had no chance and were outnumbered.

Only by listenting to the audio it seems that you got initiated on by them. That gives the impression that the kill on you was legit as you did not comply.

Problem is, what was said in the audio-evidence is not what can be seen in the Video from Hatch.

In the beginning of the audio-evidence you got told to 'put your weapon down'. You can then hear that one of the accused says 'I have my weapon down'.

In this case it seems that both of you seem to understand -put your weapon down- is = -lowering your weapon-

In the video provided, at no point a gun was lowered.

Initiations to be clear and you have to state demands.

But as I mentioned before, the evidence provided proves nothing.

Possible underage:

We will look into this, but this is not the right place to do it.

Outcome:

No action taken.